The NFL Prediction Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
    If your opinions are backed by shit facts except for volume stats compiled by guys who played six more seasons, maybe you're the troll.
    The Pro Football Hall of Fame uses only media representatives to select inductees. This, along with its policy of inducting only a maximum of seven players a year

In advance of the Hall of Fame Selection Meeting in February, the selectors are provided detailed BIOGRAPHIES on each of the 17 finalist candidates. At the annual meeting, each of the nominees is thoroughly discussed by the committee before a series of reduction votes are taken.

If there is one position that causes a collective brain camp among Hall of Fame selectors, it is wide receiver. More counterintuitive, anti-statistical logic is applied to wide receivers than players at any other position. It is a mind-boggling phenomenon that cannot be done justice in a paragraph, but here is the elevator explanation: the selectors are Paul Warfield damaged. Many of them believe that a great receiver must be Warfield-like: catch one 50-yard bomb per game (in slow motion on 35-millimeter film), win Super Bowls, and possess some kind of magical quality. Show the Hall of Fame committee a player who caught 100-passes per year or was part of an offensive sea-change, and they react like you are a used car salesman offering 0% financing: they will automatically assume that the stats are some kind of shell game.

Brown has the chance to end run Canton’s wide receiver confusion because he has some Warfield qualities: he was a deep threat, with college superstardom to add to his allure. Reed was the kind of player who makes some selector’s hands shake: his numbers were the product of a pass-happy offense that always came up short in the Super Bowl, and he caught too many short passes, which is bad for some reason. Both are solid candidates, and both were better receivers than Michael Irvin, who skated into Canton on the Warfield “less is more, plus rings” path.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
      The Pro Football Hall of Fame uses only media representatives to select inductees. This, along with its policy of inducting only a maximum of seven players a year

In advance of the Hall of Fame Selection Meeting in February, the selectors are provided detailed BIOGRAPHIES on each of the 17 finalist candidates. At the annual meeting, each of the nominees is thoroughly discussed by the committee before a series of reduction votes are taken.

If there is one position that causes a collective brain camp among Hall of Fame selectors, it is wide receiver. More counterintuitive, anti-statistical logic is applied to wide receivers than players at any other position. It is a mind-boggling phenomenon that cannot be done justice in a paragraph, but here is the elevator explanation: the selectors are Paul Warfield damaged. Many of them believe that a great receiver must be Warfield-like: catch one 50-yard bomb per game (in slow motion on 35-millimeter film), win Super Bowls, and possess some kind of magical quality. Show the Hall of Fame committee a player who caught 100-passes per year or was part of an offensive sea-change, and they react like you are a used car salesman offering 0% financing: they will automatically assume that the stats are some kind of shell game.

Brown has the chance to end run Canton’s wide receiver confusion because he has some Warfield qualities: he was a deep threat, with college superstardom to add to his allure. Reed was the kind of player who makes some selector’s hands shake: his numbers were the product of a pass-happy offense that always came up short in the Super Bowl, and he caught too many short passes, which is bad for some reason. Both are solid candidates, and both were better receivers than Michael Irvin, who skated into Canton on the Warfield “less is more, plus rings” path.
      A. Where did you cut and paste this donkey shit rhetoric from? Oh, wait, this little dorky pussy.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/40508110/

Douchebag. Look, kids, he can't even articulate or formulate his own opinion properly so he has to cut and paste dogshit from somebody else.

By the way, that article's author is an Eagles fan; so much for an unbiased opinion. This idiot nonchalantly throwing out there that a guy is a better player who had three less 1,000 yard receiving seasons while actually playing five more years in his career is just him being an Eagles troll.

B. This crackhead also doesn't understand how guys' stats can be padded by a bunch of chicken shit little inconsequential short receptions.

Comment

B. This crackhead also doesn't understand how guys' stats can be padded by a bunch of chicken shit little inconsequential short receptions.
        Showing you people have a different opinion than you and there are MANY MANY MORE WHICH I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES but apparently you aren't getting it which is fine because people like you and Sea-Hag are so Flamingly Trolls that I really don't need to explain it anymore.

Comment

Showing you people have a different opinion than you and there are MANY MANY MORE WHICH I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES but apparently you aren't getting it which is fine because people like you and Sea-Hag are so Flamingly Trolls that I really don't need to explain it anymore.
          Except that you didn't bother to attribute that whole post to anybody other than you and your own brilliance. Sneaky douchebag shit; not whatever horseshit excuse you just made up about giving your little example.

And like I said, the guy is obviously an Eagles troll. http://www.sportsonearth.com/bio/mike_tanier Warfield has six less 1,000 yard receiving seasons and Reed has three less 1,000 yard receiving seasons than Irvin. Warfield cat=one 1,000 yard receiving season in a 13-year career. Irvin=seven 1,000 yard receiving seasons in a 12-year career. It's troll shit to pretend Irvin had a career of similar unremarkable quality to Warfield UNLESS you just happen to be a jealous Eagles troll.

Those are FACTS. Reed only having better volume stats because he played four more seasons than Irvin=FACTS.

You can't explain anything because your opinion is nothing but redneck "I hate the dancing flashy kneegrows YURP! YURP!" throw shit at the wall and see what sticks method of opinionating.
          Last edited by DudeClassicMan; 02-04-2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

You can't explain anything because your opinion is nothing but redneck "I hate the dancing flashy kneegrows YURP! YURP!" throw shit at the wall and see what sticks method of opinionating.
            And? Keep going? 21st in yardage and 45th in touchdowns DERP YURP HE IS THE GREATEST YERPA DURPA.

But seriously keep it going i'm interested in what other insults you can flame away.

Comment

And? Keep going? 21st in yardage and 45th in touchdowns DERP YURP HE IS THE GREATEST YERPA DURPA.

But seriously keep it going i'm interested in what other insults you can flame away.

And guys who put up average stats because they play until they're 40 are truly great; right?

Comment

And guys who put up average stats because they play until they're 40 are truly great; right?
                Yeah they had longevity and didn't have the wrap sheet like some rapist coke head.

WHO SHOULD WE CELEBRATE? You looked past that the critics/journalists look at the biographies before they make the final vote that goes to show you if you do coke and rape women you're good to go!

But Keep going?

Comment

Yeah they had longevity and didn't have the wrap sheet like some rapist coke head.

WHO SHOULD WE CELEBRATE? You looked past that the critics/journalists look at the biographies before they make the final vote that goes to show you if you do coke and rape women you're good to go!

But Keep going?

Longevity is dogshit. Especially if you only had two great seasons in a 16-year career and those seasons weren't even really that great.

There. At least you finally came right out with it like a man.

The rape allegations in '07 against Irvin seem to have amounted to nothing more than extortion. Or were you referring to the stripper in '97 who got charged with filing a false police report?

As for coke, who cares unless you're a moralizing preachy little pussy? Being dumb enough to get caught and suspended for five games? That was a problem because it cost the team. But morally, gimme a fucking break.

Obviously the biography shit doesn't mean too much or guys like L.T. and Irvin never would've gotten in.

A much better role model to have is a guy like Dave Mustardstaine who finally gets off drugs to reveal he is much crazier off of them than on them.

Of course, Irvin's not my role model because I'm not there to know how good he is or isn't off the field and don't really give a fuck. Besides having role models is a shit proposition in the first place.

We're talking Hall of Fame though. Not Hall of swell guys who put up mediocre numbers until they were 37 and whose teams never won jackshit.
                  Last edited by DudeClassicMan; 02-04-2013, 01:02 AM.

Comment

We're talking Hall of Fame though. Not Hall of swell guys who put up mediocre numbers until they were 37 and whose teams never won jackshit.
                    Were talking about a list of Journalists not ultimately the fans to enshrine these people and THOUSANDS if not millions per year go through a building and look at these busts who glorify these men.

But dude it's time to give it a rest because you just can't accept someone elses opinion when at the end of the day he's 21st in yardage and 45th in touchdowns and isn't even a hair on Jerry Rice's ass.

But go ahead and think he had some magic that made him the greatest because a hall of fame quaterback and hall of fame running back sure do you make you look good.
                    Last edited by Freddy_Lives; 02-04-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Don't really like the Ravens, but i'm happy it was them winning the SB and not the Patriots.... can't stand that group of douchebags.

Oh, and Tom Brady is a whiny, prissy little bitch who deserves to get hit on every play of the game.

Comment

Brady's a great quarterback and all but all that shrill nancy boy screaming and screeching he did in that '07 season chewing out his O-linemen during games all so they could blow out teams 63-0 instead of 56-0; ALL as a violent overreaction to the Spygate accusations tells me a lot about Brady and how much meat there must have been to Spygate.
                        Yes, attempting to be as dominant as humanly possible and going undefeated in the regular season was (entirely) a violent reaction to Spygate. Setting NFL offensive records left and right and overall achieving excellence = Spygate must have been more substantial than we were led to believe. Strong logic (and totally not biased hate/trolling) being exercised here.

Then there's the very last game he played in; trying to slidekick an opposing player in their junk.
                        Yeah, it was so bad that Reed came out and said he'd love to play for/be a Patriot next year. Complete non-factor:

Reed:"We talked actually not too long ago, we talked on the phone. He actually reached out to me, texted me. I tried to text him back, but the message exploded after 12 seconds, so I had to call him … and he’s just apologized and what not. But I told him, ‘You know, it’s good, man.’”
                        Reed added context to the slide, saying the kick was a ‘heat of the moment’ type of thing and he doesn’t hold it against Brady. In fact, Reed stopped short of saying he expected it from the quarterback, explaining how he respects that aspect of competitiveness in him and understands Brady’s position.
                        “You know, I understand Brady’s point. Him protecting himself. I know he’s a great player. I respect Brady and his game for all it stands for, and I know he’s not a dirty player. And emotions get going in the game."

The guy's kind of a front-running little bitch, ain't he?
                        Originally posted by DeathbyIggy
                        Don't really like the Ravens, but i'm happy it was them winning the SB and not the Patriots.... can't stand that group of douchebags.

inhale

exhale

Comment

• Congrats on Ravs for winning even though I predicted the 49ers winning it
                          Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• Originally posted by floyd2006 View Post
                            Congrats on Ravs for winning even though I predicted the 49ers winning it
                            Other than the power going out it was a fairly entertaining Superbowl.

Colin will have a long career and Joe just may get his 20$ a year.

Comment

• ...And Alex Smith is going to the jets
                              Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• Originally posted by floyd2006 View Post
                                ...And Alex Smith is going to the jets
                                Revis to the 49ers and the Jets get Smith hmmmm Jets do get an upgrade but they are a faltering organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X