2012/2013 NBA SEASON!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
    Not if Dwight Howard isn't there....ZING!
    Well whether Howard is there or not the Lakers are going to have a lot of cap space come summer of 2014. If the Lakers were able to make the moves they have during the past 5-6 years with limited cap space, I don't want to imagine the types of moves they make during that off season.

Comment

ROFLMAO You keep saying what if, what could of, and what might of.... BUT the fact remains it didn't. Give the Heat 20 more games together who knows what may have happened. It doesn't matter...

Also the Heat didn't buy a championship cause no one came to Miami for more money, so your point is invalid.
      You keep saying that cutting a season short isn't significant when you ask any damn person they would say hmmm that is significant.

Heat have 3 of the top 15 salaries in the league to say they won a championship through drafting is HILARIOUS they BOUGHT their championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
        I could see somewhat of a point if a shit team won it all, but it's the Heat. Shortened season, or not, they will be in the mix, and a top 5 favorite every year, until they get old. They're a fucking all-star team. How is them winning a championship that mind blowing? They were in the finals the previous season. They're an extremely high level team, and any success they find is because of that alone. Not some short season variable bullshit.
        I never said they didn't earn it or win it! I said they have to prove they can do it in a 82 game schedule without months and months of extra time off.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
          Well whether Howard is there or not the Lakers are going to have a lot of cap space come summer of 2014. If the Lakers were able to make the moves they have during the past 5-6 years with limited cap space, I don't want to imagine the types of moves they make during that off season.
          Why would LeBron go to a team that's rebuilding in 2014, if he's already in an established team with the Heat. The ONLY reason i could see him leaving for the Lakers is if they still have Howard plus a few other key pieces, and with the way the Lakers are playing right now, i don't think Howard will want to stay after this season.... He wen't there to win a championship, not to struggle.

Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
          You keep saying that cutting a season short isn't significant when you ask any damn person they would say hmmm that is significant.

Heat have 3 of the top 15 salaries in the league to say they won a championship through drafting is HILARIOUS they BOUGHT their championship.
          I never said they won the championship through drafting, but they didn't do it by buying players either, because they're not paying them more.

Besides, what does that matter anyways? They have the rings and that's the ONLY thing that matters.
          Last edited by Iggy; 12-17-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Why would LeBron go to a team that's rebuilding in 2014, if he's already in an established team with the Heat. The ONLY reason i could see him leaving for the Lakers is if they still have Howard plus a few other key pieces, and with the way the Lakers are playing right now, i don't think Howard will want to stay after this season.... He wen't there to win a championship, not to struggle.
            You missed my point. To try and lure LeBron you better believe they will sign big time players with all the cap space available. Plus who says Howard won't resign? Sure Howard would love to win a championship, but at the same time he wants to build his brand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
              I never said they didn't earn it or win it! I said they have to prove they can do it in a 82 game schedule without months and months of extra time off.
              Whenever you want to put an asterix beside an accomplishment, it's because you feel they didn't earn it one way or another. They earned it, like every other team would've, had they have won it all.

Did they buy it? Sure. Name me five championship teams in any sport in recent memory, who won it all without throwing some serious cash around? Doesn't mean they didn't earn it on the court when they had to. If the Blue Jays win the World Series next year, should there be an asterix beside it, because they bought it? No. Am I going to enjoy it, or gloat any less? No.

If the Knicks had won it all last year, would you be bringng up any of this "asterix" nonsense? Didn't think so.

For the record, I fucking HATE the Heat, but your argument is absurd.

Comment

You missed my point. To try and lure LeBron you better believe they will sign big time players with all the cap space available. Plus who says Howard won't resign? Sure Howard would love to win a championship, but at the same time he wants to build his brand.
                Who says the Heat won't move pieces around to try and keep Lebron? You really think Miami wants to lose the greatest player on the planet... i think not.

Comment

For the record, I fucking HATE the Heat.
                  You would not believe how much i've heard that since LeBron came here.

Comment

Whenever you want to put an asterix beside an accomplishment, it's because you feel they didn't earn it one way or another. They earned it, like every other team would've, had they have won it all.
                    I didn't say put an asterisk next to it because they bought their championship you're putting words in my mouth.

Like I said earlier does the 1919 world series not deserve an asterisk because they threw the world series ?

IT'S FACT when you look up the 2011-2012 season will it say all 82 games played and everything was like a normal season ? It won't no matter how hard you think it didn't matter you cannot change that FACT.

So in the history of the NBA the talk will be for the 2011-2012 season the heat earned it and won it on a SHORTENED season.

Comment

So in the history of the NBA the talk will be for the 2011-2012 season the heat earned it and won it on a SHORTENED season.
                      It doesn't matter though... the shortened season didn't make things any harder or easier for anybody....ANYBODY. The Heat earned it fair and square.

Comment

Who says the Heat won't move pieces around to try and keep Lebron? You really think Miami wants to lose the greatest player on the planet... i think not.
                        Yes, but the bright lights of Hollywood are calling.

Comment

Yes, but the bright lights of Hollywood are calling.
                          So was New York, but we all know he didn't go there.

Miami's just as alluring, just as big a city and maybe even more exotic an atmosphere than L.A.

Comment

I didn't say put an asterisk next to it because they bought their championship you're putting words in my mouth.

Like I said earlier does the 1919 world series not deserve an asterisk because they threw the world series ?
                            So, what team in the NBA was paid off to lose to the Heat? That's the only way your comparison makes any sort of sense.

IT'S FACT when you look up the 2011-2012 season will it say all 82 games played and everything was like a normal season ? It won't no matter how hard you think it didn't matter you cannot change that FACT.

And that's exactly what it will read. It's the same thing in the NHL. It reads "shortened season" next to the strike years. It will be mentioned in the history books.

Much like a rule change though, it effects every team, so there is no asterix needed. They earned it under the same circumstances any other team would have.

Comment

So, what team in the NBA was paid off to lose to the Heat? That's the only way your comparison makes any sort of sense.
                              The point I made that it was not a normal season or circumstance therefore deserves an asterisk.

Regardless my point is right and that there will always be questions to that championship because it wasn't a full season and it goes down in the history books as not being a normal season.

Asterisk
                              A symbol ( *) used to mark printed or written text, typically as a reference to an annotation or to stand for omitted matter.

Comment

The point I made that it was not a normal season or circumstance therefore deserves an asterisk.
                                Was it a normal season, no....was it any less earned of course not. Your argument is invalid.

Comment

Working...
                                X