2012/2013 NBA SEASON!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
    Yeah, i'm surprised. Brooklyn really underperformed, and the Bulls...wow... the Bulls...

Thought you'd get a kick out of this Sarsoor...

I went to the Knicks board on real gm and had a lot fun reading their game day thread. It was hilarious how they thought they were just going to dominate us and we were going to bend over for them. I love that other teams like the Warriors and the Knicks are sleeping on us. Makes for a sweeter victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
      I went to the Knicks board on real gm and had a lot fun reading their game day thread. It was hilarious how they thought they were just going to dominate us and we were going to bend over for them. I love that other teams like the Warriors and the Knicks are sleeping on us. Makes for a sweeter victory.
      The Knicks have been doing well, but their fans are sooo full of themselves. They talk shit about EVERY team they face. It's like they think the Championship is in the bag. I think they're going to be sorely dissapointed come playoff time. Seriously New York fans, learn some fucking humility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
        Well, then you're part of the problem.

Pick a team, and stick with them already. Don't be that guy, who only cheers for a team, because they're as close to a sure thing as possible.

You're a phony. A big fat phony.
        And what problem would that be, exactly?

Seeing as how there's no team in my area, I've always grown up watching players (like Jordan) and following them rather than a specific team. Personally, I don't find anything wrong with that. The NBA defers from the NFL...one player CAN make a big difference with an organization, and seeing as how I grew up watching LeBron in High School, and he was drafted to the NBA (skipping college) he then became my favorite player because I knew he was special. Durant came into the league and he's considered to the next biggest thing, but I didn't immediately jump to his bandwagon. I'll stick with James until the day he retires, whether he's playing well or not, just because I like him as a player.

I absolutely loved Chad Johnson when he played for the Bengals...but when he was released I didn't follow, because Cincinnati IS my team, regardless if Johnson was an amazing player, because ONE player doesn't make a difference, it's the team that matters. I just don't have the same mentality for the NBA.

I personally don't see the phony-ness in that.

Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
        I don't think that's the case at all. He's just a big fan of LeBron James, more than anything else.
        E.X.A.C.T.L.Y.

If he were to retire today, I wouldn't just jump to Durant's, Bryant's, or Rose's bandwagon. I'd wait until I found that player that I believe would be "the next big thing" before he becomes so, and stick with him. That's just how things work in the NBA sometimes.
        B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape View Post

Seeing as how there's no team in my area, I've always grown up watching players (like Jordan) and following them rather than a specific team. Personally, I don't find anything wrong with that. The NBA defers from the NFL...one player CAN make a big difference with an organization, and seeing as how I grew up watching LeBron in High School, and he was drafted to the NBA (skipping college) he then became my favorite player because I knew he was special. Durant came into the league and he's considered to the next biggest thing, but I didn't immediately jump to his bandwagon. I'll stick with James until the day he retires, whether he's playing well or not, just because I like him as a player.

I absolutely loved Chad Johnson when he played for the Bengals...but when he was released I didn't follow, because Cincinnati IS my team, regardless if Johnson was an amazing player, because ONE player doesn't make a difference, it's the team that matters. I just don't have the same mentality for the NBA.

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y.

If he were to retire today, I wouldn't just jump to Durant's, Bryant's, or Rose's bandwagon. I'd wait until I found that player that I believe would be "the next big thing" before he becomes so, and stick with him. That's just how things work in the NBA sometimes.
          [YOUTUBE]zSTEqHxh3fI[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

[YOUTUBE]zSTEqHxh3fI[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape View Post

Hook, line, and sinker.

Merry Christmas.

Comment

Hook, line, and sinker.

Merry Christmas.
                Then if that's the case, i'm guilty as well. I will always be a fan of the Miami Heat, but i am also a fan of James....so wherever he plays, i'll be cheering him on, watching him play there as well.

Comment

• Switching teams is the ultimate cornball move. It's almost as loose butt-hole as getting angry when people call them out for being one of the aforementioned switchers.

Pick a team and have the integrity to stick with it, through thick and thin.
                  Then, when you finally do get over the hump:

Fake-fans will never, truly, understand that feel.
                  Last edited by Ultimate High; 12-26-2012, 10:33 AM.

inhale

exhale

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimate High View Post
                    Switching teams is the ultimate cornball move. It's almost as loose butt-hole as getting angry when people call them out for being one of the aforementioned switchers.

Pick a team and have the integrity to stick with it, through thick and thin.
                    Then, when you finally do get over the hump:

Fake-fans will never, truly, understand that feel.
                    Oh no, don't get me wrong....i will ALWAYS be a Miami Heat fan, and i'll continue to support them no matter what. But i am also a huge LeBron fan as he is my favorite player, so i will always follow his career wherever he goes..........UNLESS he becomes a New York Knick, in which case he can go fuck himself.

Comment

Then if that's the case, i'm guilty as well. I will always be a fan of the Miami Heat, but i am also a fan of James....so wherever he plays, i'll be cheering him on, watching him play there as well.
                      For the record, I was joking earlier. Since it's turned into a debate though.....

So you'll still be cheering for James, even if he gets traded to your rival, or tears both his ACL's, and becomes an irrelevent utility player? I find that hard to believe.

Not speaking for anyone here, but I always find it convenient when people say they are a fan of a player, and that guy just happens to be the best player in the entire league. Same with people who list their favorite teams, and they all just happen to have a championship in the last three years.

You know, glory chasers.

Comment

For the record, I was joking earlier. Since it's turned into a debate though.....

So you'll still be cheering for James, even if he gets traded to your rival, or tears both his ACL's, and becomes an irrelevent utility player? I find that hard to believe.

Not speaking for anyone here, but I always find it convenient when people say they are a fan of a player, and that guy just happens to be the best player in the entire league. Same with people who list their favorite teams, and they all just happen to have a championship in the last three years.

You know, glory chasers.
                        So you're saying you never cheered for Michael Jordan? Never followed his career, and never watched his amazing performances in playoff game after playoff game? I find THAT hard to believe. Remember, he was the greatest player of all time and i don't think ANYONE WASN'T a fan of his. Anyone who says they cheered against him, is just full of shit.

LeBron's my favorite player. I've followed his growth as a player from high school and was ecstatic to hear that he'd be playing for the Miami Heat. I will continue to follow his career wherever he may go, AGAIN, unless he goes to the New York Knicks, in which case i have no desire to see him be successful for that team.

If that's being a glory chaser, so be it. Doesn't bother me in the least.
                        Last edited by Iggy; 12-26-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

So you're saying you never cheered for Michael Jordan? Never followed his career, and never watched his amazing performances in playoff game after playoff game? I find THAT hard to believe. Remember, he was the greatest player of all time and i don't think ANYONE WASN'T a fan of his. Anyone who says they cheered against him, is just full of shit.
                          You can't be serious. You think all those Jazz fans, were secretly rooting for Jordan, as he was stealing a championship away from them? Nobody has ever questioned his accomplishments, because he always got the calls? Give it a rest. Jordan has plenty of haters, and second guessers, that still exist to this day.

I can give you plenty of examples. I hated Wayne Gretzky when he was playing. I can't stand Sydney Crosby. I hate Lebron James. I hate Alex Rodriguez, and Derek Jeter. Oh', and Jordan? I didn't care for him either. I was a Barkley guy, back in those days.

Appreciate their talent and accomplishments? Sure. Root for them though? Fuck no. If anything, I love to hate them, and laugh when they fail. Unless they're on my team, they can trip and die for all I care.
                          Last edited by Heretic; 12-26-2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

You can't be serious. You think all those Jazz fans, were secretly rooting for Jordan, as he was stealing a championship away from them? Nobody has ever questioned his accomplishments, because he always got the calls? Give it a rest. Jordan has plenty of haters, and second guessers, that still exist to this day.

I can give you plenty of examples. I hated Wayne Gretzky when he was playing. I can't stand Sydney Crosby. I hate Lebron James. I hate Alex Rodriguez, and Derek Jeter. Oh', and Jordan? I didn't care for him either. I was a Barkley guy, back in those days.

Appreciate their talent and accomplishments? Sure. Root for them though? Fuck no. If anything, I love to hate them, and laugh when they fail. Unless they're on my team, they can trip and die for all I care.
                            Pretty sad man....and Barkley? Even sadder... Just accept that everyone isn't like you. We're all free to root for whom we like.

Comment

Pretty sad man....and Barkley? Even sadder... Just accept that everyone isn't like you. We're all free to root for whom we like.
                              Why is it pretty sad if some people didn't want Jordan to win?

Comment

Why is it pretty sad if some people didn't want Jordan to win?
                                Call me crazy, but i think it's pretty sad to root for someone to fail, and to laugh when they do. It just seems childish and screams of jealousy.

Look at it this way.... You have all these people who say they hate LeBron, call him Queen James, and thrive when he fails.....do you honestly think they'd pass up the chance to have him on their team? NO FUCKING WAY... they'd trade their best player to get him in a fucking heartbeat, and to me that just seems hypocritical of these fucktards after they've been so stuck on "hating" LeBron James. It's stupid, childish, and utterly moronic.
                                Last edited by Iggy; 12-26-2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X