2013 NFL Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
    Oh wow. My most prized sports possession is a football I had him sign back in 1992, after the Dolphins shut out the Chargers 31-0 in the AFC Divisional Playoffs. I had my heart broken the next week as Miami lost the AFC title game to Buffalo. That was to be the last real great playoff run by Miami.
    don't worry, iggs. that just prevented y'all from being humiliated the way we humiliated buffalo. it wouldn't have been pretty.

2015 all-genre draft
    1. hero at large (1980)
    2. mystery men (1999)
    3. super (2010)
    4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
    5. batman returns (1992)
    6, spider-man strikes back (197
    7. the specials (2000)
    8. darkman (1990)
    9. supergirl (1984)
    10. defendor (2009)

Comment

• Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
      don't worry, iggs. that just prevented y'all from being humiliated the way we humiliated buffalo. it wouldn't have been pretty.
      Cowboys were such a dominant team in the early 90's.....what the hell happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
        Cowboys were such a dominant team in the early 90's.....what the hell happened?

2015 all-genre draft
        1. hero at large (1980)
        2. mystery men (1999)
        3. super (2010)
        5. batman returns (1992)
        7. the specials (2000)
        8. darkman (1990)
        9. supergirl (1984)
        10. defendor (2009)

Comment

- Jimmy Johnson - A Football Life.

- Hard Knocks: Dallas Cowboys

Whenever I watch him I feel like he's simultaneously too lenient and too controlling.

inhale

exhale

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimate High View Post

Whenever I watch him I feel like he's simultaneously too lenient and too controlling.
            yes! how does he do that? how did it make him rich?

and i weep daily for the loss of jimmy johnson.

2015 all-genre draft
            1. hero at large (1980)
            2. mystery men (1999)
            3. super (2010)
            5. batman returns (1992)
            7. the specials (2000)
            8. darkman (1990)
            9. supergirl (1984)
            10. defendor (2009)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimate High View Post

By taking the piecemeal approach to assembling a coaching staff instead of hiring established guys who bring whole regimes with them (he only backed off of this to bring in Parcells obviously) he often guesses wrong on these washed up pricks and the team is ran very schizo as a result of these mix-and-match coaching staffs. It really shows on the field how awful this throw shit at the wall and see what sticks approach is to building a consistent team.

2011: Blow massive leads.
              2012: Dig massive holes so deep that any comeback the team makes in vain during a losing effort is just for show.

The team has been mismanaged and as a result the only long-standing identity they have is as underachieving fuck-ups. Who knows what the awful theme of this season will be?

Comment

• Nice pick-up, Iggy. I would love to have an authentic Marino jersey but it's just not my style, or colors (black and orange).
                B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• Originally posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
                  The team has been mismanaged and as a result the only long-standing identity they have is as underachieving fuck-ups. Who knows what the awful theme of this season will be?

number 6. you read it here first.

2015 all-genre draft
                  1. hero at large (1980)
                  2. mystery men (1999)
                  3. super (2010)
                  5. batman returns (1992)
                  7. the specials (2000)
                  8. darkman (1990)
                  9. supergirl (1984)
                  10. defendor (2009)

Comment

Sorry, pal. There's no way that's happening... not this year, anyways.

I think Tony is capable of being their franchise QB, and I believe he's capable of doing good things for the organization, but he has got to get a reliable set of receivers and a back that can pound the ball down the field. Don't get me wrong, he's got a good core of receivers right now, but they have to get their team working into a rythym again and they have to be able to protect Romo better before they go onto winning any SB's.

Comment

Sorry Nance, but I don't even see the Cowboys making the playoffs.

Comment

• i realize i live in a dream world, and, of course part of my belief is based solely upon the fact that i always think they're gonna win the superbowl. but i think the talent is there, certainly the offensive skill positions, the dl, and half of the secondary. if the lb's can stay healthy (big if, i know), i think we will have a vastly improved defense (and guys like and lee and carter, if they can be on the field at the same time, will be beasts), one that pressures the qb more and clogs up the middle of the field effectively, helping obscure the glaring weakness of our safeties. so here's what it comes down to for dallas, i believe, to compete for a title: either the line needs to come together and be at least average, or demarco murray needs to stay healthy and run strong, taking some pressure off the line and giving tony more time. and that's the thing about tony. i know he fucks up because he presses, and also because he's often surrounded by idiots, but he laso always gives us a chance, as evidenced by close games, and narrow losses. as you point out, dudeman, our m.o. has been to blow leads (the worst way to lose; 2011 was a very unpleasant season) and to come up short when attempting to overcome a deficit. maybe those experiences have galvanized the cowboys, giving them the edge--through pain and familiarity--and the "awful them" of this season will be a team has acquired the necessary experiences that gear a team to rise to the superbowl.

in the nfc, i believe that only san francisco is clearly better, but they're better than everybody. you always hafta worry about the giants and i think seatle is gonna be really good, but the only teams that i think are hopeless in the nfc are the cardinals, who are always hopeless, and maybe tampa bay and detroit. so of the teams that remain, i think the cowboys, as their record over the last two years indicates, are right in the middle. we can beat anyone. we can lose, too, so, we'll just find out if these guys have grown and have tired of being mediocre. and maybe jerry will learn to sit the fuck back.

it's a chance, at least...

2015 all-genre draft
                        1. hero at large (1980)
                        2. mystery men (1999)
                        3. super (2010)
                        5. batman returns (1992)
                        7. the specials (2000)
                        8. darkman (1990)
                        9. supergirl (1984)
                        10. defendor (2009)

Comment

It's totally possible! The NFL has a Cinderella type team flare up every year with the Eagles on the Decline and the Giants paying way too much and the uncertainty about Griffin and his knee holding up, it could very well be a Cowboys year.

Of course San Fran is in their way! Kaepernick starting day one means everyone has studied up on him so they may be easier to keep him in check.

Predictions for me are Cowboys are more than capable of a 10-6 record as long as Dez produces along with Tony/Austin and Murray runs the rock.

Monte Kiffin and Bill Callahan are excellent choices they just need Garret actually Coaching and not Managing the offense.

I hate the Cowboys but things could be a lot worse! Wish that were true.

Comment

it's a chance, at least...
                            There's always a good chance. Dallas is a good team, and if they can keep healthy, get the run game going, and have Romo throwing consistently then it's a pretty wide chance.

I have high hopes for Cincinnati, so what do I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                              Monte Kiffin and Bill Callahan are excellent choices they just need Garret actually Coaching and not Managing the offense.
                              I essentially agree with this; I think garret was born to manage. leave the play-calling to someone else.

2015 all-genre draft
                              1. hero at large (1980)
                              2. mystery men (1999)
                              3. super (2010)
                              5. batman returns (1992)
                              7. the specials (2000)
                              8. darkman (1990)
                              9. supergirl (1984)
                              10. defendor (2009)

Comment