No announcement yet.

2013 NFL Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm intrigued. as a fan of the pro-bowl (primarily cus when i was a kid, i thought it was the coolest thing ever) i'm not against seeing it change-up a little. it's almost like more of an all-pro game now, without conference affiliation. we'll see how this works. doesn't hafta be permanent, necessarily.

2015 all-genre draft
    1. hero at large (1980)
    2. mystery men (1999)
    3. super (2010)
    4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
    5. batman returns (1992)
    6, spider-man strikes back (197
    7. the specials (2000)
    8. darkman (1990)
    9. supergirl (1984)
    10. defendor (2009)

Comment

• goo luck tonight, iggy.

not sure what i think about the dolphins new logo. dolphins simply aren't fierce; this new one looks like they're trying to give some "edge" to the phins, friendly cetaceans of the sea that they are.

2015 all-genre draft
      1. hero at large (1980)
      2. mystery men (1999)
      3. super (2010)
      5. batman returns (1992)
      7. the specials (2000)
      8. darkman (1990)
      9. supergirl (1984)
      10. defendor (2009)

Comment

• Congrats on the win Nancy! Miami's starters just didn't seem to get into much of a groove, and I guess it didn't help that Tannehill was taken out after 2 series. Aside from that initial fumble, I really liked how Lamar Miller ran the ball. I think he'll provide a decent running game for the Fins, and that'll only help the passing game. I was disappointed not to have seen Wallace or Hartline, but there's four more pre-season games and so i'm sure they'll get their reps in.

Overall, just happy to have football back!

Comment

• I like the way the 'Boys looked last night. Even without Romo they were still playing pretty competitive football. I think Miami still has a long ways to go but can't really make a judgemental call it being preseason and all...

Can't wait to see Cincinnati play Atlanta on Thursday on ESPN. Ahh, it's good to have football back.
          B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• The dolphins new logo is one of the dumbest changes I have ever seen
            Old man Clemmons hates shit.

Comment

• yeah, it was a fun, competitive game. i was happy to see my boys create a few turnovers (or at least pounce on them, something they have been notoriously incapable of for about the last fifteen years), and the d made some nice stops.

on another note, i'm sorry, but the dolphins' new uniforms are lame. they've basically subtracted the orange, which gives them some pop, and made the blue less green, and therefore flatter and more like the jags, panthers, titans. bo-ring. the new logo is almost the least of the problems, although it doesn't help. i'm a fan of classic looks, and the dolphins, as one of the leagues more stately franchises had no need to change. like if i were in cincy, i'd be going crazy, or seattle, cus they monkey with those uniforms all the time.

2015 all-genre draft
              1. hero at large (1980)
              2. mystery men (1999)
              3. super (2010)
              5. batman returns (1992)
              7. the specials (2000)
              8. darkman (1990)
              9. supergirl (1984)
              10. defendor (2009)

Comment

• Originally posted by nancylives! View Post

on another note, i'm sorry, but the dolphins' new uniforms are lame. they've basically subtracted the orange, which gives them some pop, and made the blue less green, and therefore flatter and more like the jags, panthers, titans. bo-ring. the new logo is almost the least of the problems, although it doesn't help. i'm a fan of classic looks, and the dolphins, as one of the leagues more stately franchises had no need to change. like if i were in cincy, i'd be going crazy, or seattle, cus they monkey with those uniforms all the time.
                I agree, the uniforms didn't need to change. As for the logo itself, it's growing on me.... I really don't think it's all that bad and it doesn't bother me at all. As for the uniforms themselves, they seem too bland. I wish they retained more of the orange, which gave the original uniforms so much of their appeal.

Comment

• My jags have the worst uniforms in the league! I hate the black and gold helmet it looks like spray paint.

On the plus side the logo is growing on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                    My jags have the worst uniforms in the league! I hate the black and gold helmet it looks like spray paint.

On the plus side the logo is growing on me.
                    the prob with the jags, as i see it, is the logo is in a similar shape as carolina's, who came into the league with you guys, and the pats post 1992 logo. it's an annoying shape that basically tries to imply disembodied motion. honestly, the full body jag on the sleeve looks cooler.

2015 all-genre draft
                    1. hero at large (1980)
                    2. mystery men (1999)
                    3. super (2010)
                    5. batman returns (1992)
                    7. the specials (2000)
                    8. darkman (1990)
                    9. supergirl (1984)
                    10. defendor (2009)

Comment

• Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                      like if i were in cincy, i'd be going crazy, or seattle, cus they monkey with those uniforms all the time.
                      Cincinnati's logo hardly ever changes, but their uniforms usually change year-to-year but it's never anything big. But hey, as long as they win football games they can keep changing 'em. haha

As for Miami, I don't think the logo is all that bad... as for the uniform, though;
                      B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• i thought the switch cincy made in '81 from their lame orange uniforms that said bengals on them, to the cool tiger-y hats and jerseys was perfect. their helmets are awesome; their jerseys suck.

2015 all-genre draft
                        1. hero at large (1980)
                        2. mystery men (1999)
                        3. super (2010)
                        5. batman returns (1992)
                        7. the specials (2000)
                        8. darkman (1990)
                        9. supergirl (1984)
                        10. defendor (2009)

Comment

• Good luck tomorrow night Freddy_Lives!

I'm looking to see my Dolphins make a better effort against the Jags. Hopefully Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline will get a series or two to play.....would just be nice to see them out there catching passes. Also really interested in seeing Lamar Miller take some more snaps. The runs he made against the Cowboys were really impressive, as they were usually for 9 yards or more each time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sykopath View Post
                            Can't wait to see Cincinnati play Atlanta on Thursday on ESPN. Ahh, it's good to have football back.
                            Great effort from Cincy tonight man. Didn't think they had it in them to put away Atlanta, even in Pre-Season. Good for them!

Comment

• We sign Plax and in return what does he do for us? Tears his fucking rotator....

Yeah us...

Comment

• It's pre-season, and Mark Sanchez is already in mid-season form!

[YOUTUBE]y3oRW7Sypoo[/YOUTUBE]

First play from scrimmage in the Jets first preseason game.....you really can't even write this stuff!
                                Last edited by Iggy; 08-11-2013, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X