2013 NFL Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultimate High View Post
    When the best the detractors can manage is "your team hasn't won the Superbowl in 8 years"(which reminds us all of that time when we won three in four) the team is doing something right. Every year there's someone that comes out of the wood-work to ask these questions and every year they're silenced by Brady and Co.

Would I like another Superbowl? Sure, who wouldn't? But let's put things in perspective, since Brady took over, nearly 80% of the games the Patriots play, they win(highest over that stretch, by far). That's an 80% chance Patriot fans are going to have a good Sunday/rest of the week, from September to Dec. Honestly, I'm really just enjoying both the ride and the rush.
    Questions like have Brady and Bellicheck lost their Midas touch in the postseason for good? So far, the naysayers have gotten the answers they've desired and then some.

Comment

POLL: Should I still be embarassed to be a Raiders fan?

YES

or

YES

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

Originally posted by SlayerX View Post
        POLL: Should I still be embarassed to be a Raiders fan?

YES

or

YES
        Is that even a question?

I really hope the Dolphins get Mike Wallace. Tannehill could use a target like that, and it'll open things up for Hartline and Bess.

EDIT: Looks like Wallace will indeed be taking his talents to South Beach!
        Last edited by Iggy; 03-12-2013, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
          Is that even a question?

I really hope the Dolphins get Mike Wallace. Tannehill could use a target like that, and it'll open things up for Hartline and Bess.
          It's offical 5 year at 65 million! 20 million too much but hey they do need a wide-out.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
            It's offical 5 year at 65 million! 20 million too much but hey they do need a wide-out.
            Yeah, I just edited it. So happy for the Fins!

Comment

The good times keep coming for Miami as Baltimore Ravens Linebacker Dannelle Ellerbe signs with the Fins!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100..._atl_Rosenthal

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimate High View Post
                When the best the detractors can manage is "your team hasn't won the Superbowl in 8 years"(which reminds us all of that time when we won three in four) the team is doing something right. Every year there's someone that comes out of the wood-work to ask these questions and every year they're silenced by Brady and Co.

Would I like another Superbowl? Sure, who wouldn't? But let's put things in perspective, since Brady took over, nearly 80% of the games the Patriots play, they win(highest over that stretch, by far). That's an 80% chance Patriot fans are going to have a good Sunday/rest of the week, from September to Dec. Honestly, I'm really just enjoying both the ride and the rush.
                Originally posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
                Questions like have Brady and Bellicheck lost their Midas touch in the postseason for good? So far, the naysayers have gotten the answers they've desired and then some.
                I dont know about those naysayers being right. I certainly like to have 2 AFC Championships under my belt since 2007, and be a couple of plays away from a 3rd? Hell yes. I think the issue with everything is that everyone THINKS that because the patriots have been so good for so long that because they have a sketchy streak of what, 3 years (one of which Brady was out for the year )as being a sign off all things crumbling down. The fact is its tough as shit to get to the Sb even tougher to win it and tougher still when teams bring their A game ever sunday because you're considered one of the gold standard in the AFC.

Also this is a pet peeve of mine but why call them the Patsies? Its not even a word. Is it the plural (Nick name) of Patricia which would then be spelt as Patys? I hate the steelers and i dont call them the "Steel-turds", i dont call the dolphins the "shitsticks." I just find it muddles the topic.

And Iggy to your point am i scared the patriots are going to revert back to there slightly above average days of yester-year? Fuck yeah? werent you when Marino left? Werent the steelers when Bradshow left? Werent the 49ers when Montana/young left? Of course, but what does that have to do with the conversation RIGHT NOW.
                Last edited by Robcbh; 03-12-2013, 05:29 PM.
                All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

PS does anyone think that the new Jaguar looks ridiculous?

Comment

Originally posted by Robcbh View Post
                    PS does anyone think that the new Jaguar looks ridiculous?
                    Coming from a Jaguars fan tried and true, it sadly does look a bit ridiculous BUT I have seen worse logos

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
                      Looks like Wallace will indeed be taking his talents to South Beach!
                      YEEEEESSSS! and Ellerbe too!
                      Razorghosts 2015 AGD

1. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - James Gunn
                      2. Aliens (1986) - James Cameron
                      3. Starship Troopers (1997) - Paul Verhoeven
                      4. Blade Runner (1982) - Ridley Scott

5. Europa Report (2013) - Sebastian Cordero
                      6. Porky's (1982) - Bob Clark
                      7. Swingers (1996) - Doug Liman
                      8. The Running Man (1987) - Paul Michael Glaser

9. Weekend at Bernies (1989) - Ted Kotcheff
                      10. Tucker and Dale vs Evil (2010) - Eli Craig

Comment

i respect your jaguar support, freddy. you're the first jags fan i ever met. y'all's whole motif is messed-up. y'all should really be called like the florida (no offense to anyone from jacksonville; i have loved ones there, and never had a bad time in jacksonville) tiger sharks, or the sunshine state stingrays or something. there just aint jaguars (panthers don't count) in florida, and alliteration is a dumb reason for the name of a team (see: washington wizards). florida armadillos would be a cool name, i think.

2015 all-genre draft
                        1. hero at large (1980)
                        2. mystery men (1999)
                        3. super (2010)
                        4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
                        5. batman returns (1992)
                        6, spider-man strikes back (197
                        7. the specials (2000)
                        8. darkman (1990)
                        9. supergirl (1984)
                        10. defendor (2009)

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                          Coming from a Jaguars fan tried and true, it sadly does look a bit ridiculous BUT I have seen worse logos
                          Its not the worst, i think the 'skins have a horribly dated although icon logo. I love their spear and even the circled R. But the Jaguar's logo WAS cool, it has to obvious a jaw line on and it makes it look strange.

Comment

Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                            i respect your jaguar support, freddy. you're the first jags fan i ever met. y'all's whole motif is messed-up. y'all should really be called like the florida (no offense to anyone from jacksonville; i have loved ones there, and never had a bad time in jacksonville) tiger sharks, or the sunshine state stingrays or something. there just aint jaguars (panthers don't count) in florida, and alliteration is a dumb reason for the name of a team (see: washington wizards). florida armadillos would be a cool name, i think.
                            I for the most part agree! But look how many teams don't fit their state at all! Especially in the college realm!

Comment

Originally posted by Robcbh View Post
                              Its not the worst, i think the 'skins have a horribly dated although icon logo. I love their spear and even the circled R. But the Jaguar's logo WAS cool, it has to obvious a jaw line on and it makes it look strange.
                              Indeed it still looks ok but something is definitely a miss about it.

Comment

free agency is really heating up. dolphins been busy, eh iggs? and the redskins did themselves a solid by letting deangelo "big plays, both ways" hall go. i hate the redskins, but i always loved that they had that jerk in their locker room. i'm scared now; clearly, the redskins continue to get smarter, while my boys pray they can make it to the superbowl by doing nothing (or rather the same dumb things over and over).

2015 all-genre draft
                                1. hero at large (1980)
                                2. mystery men (1999)
                                3. super (2010)
                                4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
                                5. batman returns (1992)
                                6, spider-man strikes back (197
                                7. the specials (2000)
                                8. darkman (1990)
                                9. supergirl (1984)
                                10. defendor (2009)

Comment