No announcement yet.

2013 NFL Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes! the cowboys let kevin ogletree go, so now reliable, smart dwayne harris can step in and handle the third receiver duties and speedy, short, super-hands man cole beasley can get more time on the field. and while marcus spears seemed an under-performing dt for a first round pick, i think we will miss his utility value, especially as the season wears on.
    2015 song draft

the cramps - surfin dead
    rob zombie - living dead girl
    public image limited - the order of death
    L7 - pretend we're dead
    michale graves - dawn of the dead
    patti smith - dead to the world
    the pixies - dead
    bukka white- fixin to di blues
    omd - forever (live and die)
    bif naked - i died

Comment

Fuck the stupid yardage rankings; Fins allowed 317 points (7th) while the Jets allowed 375 (20th) last season. Until the team with the most points no longer wins at the end of the game yardage shouldn't be the end all be all defenses are measured by. Now a lot of that total is because the Jets pathetic offense did screw them, but without any upgrades on offense why won't the Jets offense screw their defense just as bad this upcoming season?

Comment

What Wr, exactly is TB12 going to throw to?This years patriots Wr corp is shaping up to be hoooorrrrible, as bad as 2006s group. #1 Wr Danny Amendola ( oh yeah Josh McDaniels brought him in {see Loyd, Gregg Salas, Fells}), #2 Julian Edleman? (oh wait hes a free agent), #3 Deon branch ( oh yeah hes 18789034 years old), #4 Tiquan Underwood ( oh yeah he doesnt play for us anymore). I guess we can just pray that the two TE can stay healthy for a whole year? ( hasnt happened yet). Penny Pinching Patriots - Thats a good one for ya Dude Classic Man

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gland-patriots
        All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

rob, don't be such a pessimist, jeez. when y'all actually won superbowls, y'all had fairly anonymous wr's. it's only since y'all been bringing in name guys and become a monster reg season offence, that y'all haven't quite been able to get over the hump. y'all have the smatest front office in football. y'all will be fine.
          2015 song draft

the cramps - surfin dead
          L7 - pretend we're dead
          the pixies - dead
          bif naked - i died

Comment

Originally posted by Robcbh View Post
            What Wr, exactly is TB12 going to throw to?This years patriots Wr corp is shaping up to be hoooorrrrible, as bad as 2006s group. #1 Wr Danny Amendola ( oh yeah Josh McDaniels brought him in {see Loyd, Gregg Salas, Fells}), #2 Julian Edleman? (oh wait hes a free agent), #3 Deon branch ( oh yeah hes 18789034 years old), #4 Tiquan Underwood ( oh yeah he doesnt play for us anymore). I guess we can just pray that the two TE can stay healthy for a whole year? ( hasnt happened yet). Penny Pinching Patriots - Thats a good one for ya Dude Classic Man

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gland-patriots
            Heh. I know the team's name holds the same historical significance as the 49ers but if you put Paul Revere's colonial ass aside what franchise would be a worse one to be called Patriots? With most other teams named after animals or other silly shit that doesn't exist anymore like pirates, steelworkers, street gangs from West Side Story and cowboys, it's almost presumptuous of one team to be called the Patriots no matter how long that's been their name.

Spygate, that silly obscure tuck rule that is about to be done away with for good pending a competition committee vote next week, and the biggest pair of arrogant jerkoffs ever at the coach/QB position in B&B (swagger they're absolutely deserving of but still fuck those guys.) The only way these guys are Patriots is if your idea of a Patriot is Karl Rove.

As for how bad their receiving corps might be, well, Amendola has to remain healthy but he's basically the same age Welker was when he got traded to the Tuck Rule Coupons. Welker's numbers his last year as a Dolphin were pretty identical to Amendola's last year only the latter produced those numbers in 11 games.

Speaking of '06, they still made the AFC Title Game that year. I have no doubts Tom can find a way to make due with whatever refuse comprise his receiving corps; UNTIL playoffs time that is.

Comment

Originally posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
              silly shit that doesn't exist anymore like ...cowboys

cowboys are real, muthafucka
              2015 song draft

the cramps - surfin dead
              L7 - pretend we're dead
              the pixies - dead
              bif naked - i died

Comment

So Jake Long is gone..... seemed like yesterday we took him 1st overall, amazing how fast things can change.

I hope Johnathan Martin is up to the task this year at LT.
                Razorghosts 2015 AGD

1. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - James Gunn
                2. Aliens (1986) - James Cameron
                3. Starship Troopers (1997) - Paul Verhoeven
                4. Blade Runner (1982) - Ridley Scott

5. Europa Report (2013) - Sebastian Cordero
                6. Porky's (1982) - Bob Clark
                7. Swingers (1996) - Doug Liman
                8. The Running Man (1987) - Paul Michael Glaser

9. Weekend at Bernies (1989) - Ted Kotcheff
                10. Tucker and Dale vs Evil (2010) - Eli Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Razorghost View Post
                  So Jake Long is gone..... seemed like yesterday we took him 1st overall, amazing how fast things can change.

Looks like the Dolphins are interested in changing their Logo have you seen the rough-draft ?

On a side note gotta love Jennings going to the Vikings a big flip off to the packers.

On a side side note he was paid way too much

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                    Looks like the Dolphins are interested in changing their Logo have you seen the rough-draft ?
                    Wasn't a fan of the first logo change, and I definitely won't like this one either. I prefer the 80's Dolphins logo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post

On a side note gotta love Jennings going to the Vikings a big flip off to the packers.

The Dolphins changing their logo is fucking retarded! I hope it's not stupid looking like some of the stuff I have seen online.

I've always liked the Vikings over most NFC teams especially the packers, so I like the move, hope he does well there.
                      Razorghosts 2015 AGD

1. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - James Gunn
                      2. Aliens (1986) - James Cameron
                      3. Starship Troopers (1997) - Paul Verhoeven
                      4. Blade Runner (1982) - Ridley Scott

5. Europa Report (2013) - Sebastian Cordero
                      6. Porky's (1982) - Bob Clark
                      7. Swingers (1996) - Doug Liman
                      8. The Running Man (1987) - Paul Michael Glaser

9. Weekend at Bernies (1989) - Ted Kotcheff
                      10. Tucker and Dale vs Evil (2010) - Eli Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by Razorghost View Post
                        I've always liked the Vikings over most NFC teams especially the packers, so I like the move, hope he does well there.
                        I like the Vikings too. Wish I could've been around for SuperBowl VIII... that would've been a treat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post

Eh, Iím thinking a genuine "fuck you" would be more along the lines of Clay Jr., ever jumping ship in-division to chase Rodgersí ass around twice a season. But an injured soon to be 30-year old receiver jumping ship to a team without a quarterback? File that under ďreally who gives a flying fuck?Ē Besides this didnít work out so well when Bernard Berrian defected from the Bears only five years ago to these very same frozen popsicle idiot dipsticks. And he was younger. Stupid fucking Vikings. Bottom line if Jennings guts the Packers that means theyíre still shit enough defensively that he wonít be the only receiver gutting them next season. But worse off for losing him? Reality is recent 2nd rounders Nelson and Cobb made him an outdated item on that offense.

As for the Vikings landing him, itís basically as meaningless as the Jets landing Santonio Holmes or Braylon Edwards. High maintenance or washed up players that are kind of useless anyways since youíre still asking Mark Sanchez to actually get them the ball. If all you can manage under center is one of these blow-up doll QB's all the shiny toys in the world (Vikings have two 1st's so they're definitely adding another receiver) won't prop the fraud up enough to make him the same as a real franchise QB.

Of course, no wide receiver acquisition will ever be as stupid as what the Cowboys gave up for Roy Eugene Williams. But now that the asshole is seemingly out of the league for good maybe we can just pretend like he never existed. Fucking GM Jerry. Pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razorghost View Post

Going Long/Henne over Matt Ryan is all the proof you need that Parcells lost his touch by the time he got the Dolphins front office gig and that his personal assistant cocksucker Jeff Ireland never had it. Thatís one thing about picking left tackle that high in the draft. If you go ahead and do it, you damn sure better find a worthwhile QB for him to protect within his first contract or itís a wasted pick and a whole lot of wasted money. At least if you pick the top pass rusher in a given draft over a QB or LT, you're getting a self-sufficient piece that will be busting QB's asses for a long time no matter what you surround him with on defense.

Come to think of it, Parcells committed an even worse QB-related sin when he was running the Cowboys show as the bitch-titted geezer passed on Rodgers not once but twice in the '05 Draft because he had Drew ďThe StatueĒ Bleedslow. For a dude that forget more about football than all of us combined will ever know, he sure has lost the ability to know a franchise QB when he sees one.

Parcells has also been a sentimental old coot when itís came to keeping his washed up former players employed with his new teams. This practice looks even worse when you consider his habit of discarding that teamís historically best player the minute he hits town (Emmitt, Jason Taylor.) Now that practice would be fine if Parcells was all in on youth movements wherever he went but like I said he loves recycling his washed up players who are often even worse progress stoppers than that franchiseís long-time stars he ran off because of some wild control freak hair up his ass.

Nothing against Pennington; a very smart player who got the most out of a subpar limited throwing appendage. But like Testaverde and Bledsoe as Cowboys, stubborn old obsolete Bill made an awful habit of wasting a shitload of starts on QBís who were ill-suited to be the present or future of those respective clubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
                              Parcells has also been a sentimental old coot when itís came to keeping his washed up former players employed with his new teams. This practice looks even worse when you consider his habit of discarding that teamís historically best player the minute he hits town (Emmitt, Jason Taylor.) Now that practice would be fine if Parcells was all in on youth movements wherever he went but like I said he loves recycling his washed up players who are often even worse progress stoppers than that franchiseís long-time stars he ran off because of some wild control freak hair up his ass.

Nothing against Pennington; a very smart player who got the most out of a subpar limited throwing appendage. But like Testaverde and Bledsoe as Cowboys, stubborn old obsolete Bill made an awful habit of wasting a shitload of starts on QBís who were ill-suited to be the present or future of those respective clubs.
                              Agreed, he left a wake of terribleness to every team he ever coaches besides the Giants and Patriots.
                              All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Robcbh View Post
                                Agreed, he left a wake of terribleness to every team he ever coaches besides the Giants and Patriots.
                                are you kidding? he was about the only thing decent the jets have gotten a whiff of since superbowl III (i know, rexie took em to back to back afc championship games, but there is a long time between superbowl III and that). for a few years under parcell's, the jets were compelling, and there were moments in the game against denver that the jets could have turned it their way. and the cowboys, jesus, where would we be without him? no division titles and 3-13 losers with no hope of spitting distance of 8-8. i mean, it's a testament to how good he was in dallas that six years later, the cowboys are still coasting on his fumes. and dolphin fans, what do y'all have to show for anything other than parcell's time there, which netted y'all a division title and some competitive moments?

now, i'm not saying the man is infallible, nor am i saying he is still as good a coach as when he had a supreme asshole like phil simms or coked-up, all-world maniac like lawrence taylor. i'm just saying that parcell's has improved every team he has touched from what it was before he got there, and, in some instances, cleared out the jars with mold on top and left some fresh veggies behind. he's a classic coaching asshole with a good front office mind. i agree that he sometimes relies on older, familiar castoffs, and, y'know, sometimes that works (otis anderson in '90, testaverde in '97, bledsoe for the first half of 2005) and sometimes it don't (testaverde '04, bledsoe '06, eddie george '05). he didn't take jerry's bullshit, i'll tell you that, and for a minute, we were almost a professional organization.
                                2015 song draft

the cramps - surfin dead
                                L7 - pretend we're dead
                                the pixies - dead
                                bif naked - i died

Comment