Connect with us

Movies

‘When I Consume You’ Trailer – Supernatural Revenge Tale Comes Home in August

Published

on

1091 Pictures is bringing Perry Blackshear’s psychological demonic horror movie When I Consume You to VOD on August 16, and the official trailer is here to unleash the beast.

The Breakout Festival Sensation Will Be Available in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. Watch the official trailer for When I Consume You below.

“This gritty, urban folktale follows a woman (Ewing) and her brother (Dumouchel) as they hunt down a mysterious stalker hellbent on their destruction, testing the limits of love and loyalty in the face of ultimate evil.”

The third feature from the New York-based filmmaker (2015’s They Look Like People and 2019’s The Siren), When I Consume You, premiered at the 2021 Fantasia International Film Festival to critical acclaim and went on to have its US Premiere at the Brooklyn Horror Film Festival before playing festivals internationally.

From the official press release, “A unique urban folktale set and filmed in Brooklyn, When I Consume You confronts the vulnerabilities that people struggle with every day through a genre lens to create a chillingly intimate indie horror nightmare.”

When I Consume You is produced by Blackshear and his returning core creative collaborators MacLeod Andrews and Evan Dumouchel, in addition to Libby Ewing.

Writer in the horror community since 2008. Editor in Chief of Bloody Disgusting. Owns Eli Roth's prop corpse from Piranha 3D. Has four awesome cats. Still plays with toys.

Movies

Matilda Firth Joins the Cast of Director Leigh Whannell’s ‘Wolf Man’ Movie

Published

on

Pictured: Matilda Firth in 'Christmas Carole'

Filming is underway on The Invisible Man director Leigh Whannell’s Wolf Man for Universal and Blumhouse, which will be howling its way into theaters on January 17, 2025.

Deadline reports that Matilda Firth (Disenchanted) is the latest actor to sign on, joining Christopher Abbott (Poor Things),  Julia Garner (The Royal Hotel), and Sam Jaeger.

The project will mark Whannell’s second monster movie and fourth directing collaboration with Blumhouse Productions (The Invisible Man, Upgrade, Insidious: Chapter 3).

Wolf Man stars Christopher Abbott as a man whose family is being terrorized by a lethal predator.

Writers include Whannell & Corbett Tuck as well as Lauren Schuker Blum & Rebecca Angelo.

Jason Blum is producing the film. Ryan Gosling, Ken Kao, Bea Sequeira, Mel Turner and Whannell are executive producers. Wolf Man is a Blumhouse and Motel Movies production.

In the wake of the failed Dark Universe, Leigh Whannell’s The Invisible Man has been the only real success story for the Universal Monsters brand, which has been struggling with recent box office flops including the comedic Renfield and period horror movie The Last Voyage of the Demeter. Giving him the keys to the castle once more seems like a wise idea, to say the least.

Wolf Man 2024

Continue Reading