Off Topic Thread ~ December 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
    First thing I'd have to focus on is getting a license.

I've never felt comfortable or confident behind the wheel, to be honest.
    Yeah, a license would be a good start.

You can practice driving around in neighborhoods or roads with little traffic. Once you get your confidence up, you can move to more populated areas. After a while, it becomes second nature.

[YOUTUBE]_rAHnwWfsaY[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
      Yeah, a license would be a good start.

You can practice driving around in neighborhoods or roads with little traffic. Once you get your confidence up, you can move to more populated areas. After a while, it becomes second nature.

[YOUTUBE]_rAHnwWfsaY[/YOUTUBE]
      I'm sure my Dad will let me drive his truck. There are plenty of backroads near his place to practice some more.
      54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• I know I've seen a few members on here who also visit HorrorDigital.com (Horrordvds). Am I the only one who can't seem to access the site?

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Glad, I'm not the only one without an DL

Like you, I hate driving(love cars though) Hopefully, I'll get my license by the end of the year *Fingers Crossed*
          Last edited by floyd2006; 12-13-2012, 06:22 AM.
          Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• Driving is definitely scary when you first start out. I used to have to remind myself to breath whenever I was on the interstate but dealing with the icy roads of Alaska and then the crazy people of San Antonio I soon became more aggressive. Honestly though I have to keep on my toes more now in this small town bc the people here are the worst drivers I've ever seen. About three times a day I experience someone on the road that makes me say "are you fucking kidding me?"

I used to be so scared of switching lanes that I would rather miss my turn and double back than force myself inbetween two cars. Now I just say "you're gonna let me in whether you want to or not". If they honk that's their problem for being jackasses.

Comment

• Getting ready to head off to the train station.

Limited internet access is going to suck, but it'll be nice seeing my family.

Adios Amigos!
              54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Getting ready to head off to the train station.

Limited internet access is going to suck, but it'll be nice seeing my family.

Adios Amigos!
                Have a great time! Tell your step monster you'll falcon punch her if she even looks at you the wrong way.

Comment

When I was first starting, I thought I'd never learn to drive or even want to. I drove to Arizona and back just this Thanksgiving. It's really just a matter of experience and confidence.

Really tho, why should you thing it's no big deal when you've never really done it before? I think anyone can get used to and scared is better, you're more likely to respect the responsibility that way.

Just stick with it. Look at all the morons that have learned to drive already. Surely you can do better than them?

Yeah, that's right bitch, I just called you Shirley. And even your clay-mation doppelganger can drive a Sno-cat to Santa's Workshop to deliver the mail, you gonna let him show you up like that?
                  I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

• We've been having way too much of a hot/dry winter so far here in Colorado. The coldest It's been is in the thirties, and I love the hot weather, but it doesn't especially feel like Christmas is coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanBrown View Post
                      We've been having way too much of a hot/dry winter so far here in Colorado. The coldest It's been is in the thirties, and I love the hot weather, but it doesn't especially feel like Christmas is coming.
                      Thorton huh? You aren't too far from my childhood hometown. Spent the first part of my life in Colorado Springs.

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
                        Thorton huh? You aren't too far from my childhood hometown. Spent the first part of my life in Colorado Springs.
                        How'd you like it up down here? It definitely has It's ups and downs for sure. Thornton is kind-of boring when you've lived there for your 18 years of life.

Comment

We've been having way too much of a hot/dry winter so far here in Colorado. The coldest It's been is in the thirties, and I love the hot weather, but it doesn't especially feel like Christmas is coming.
                          Stop bitching about the weather. You can smoke pot legally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
                            Stop bitching about the weather. You can smoke pot legally.
                            I'm unfortunately not 21 yet man, but it doesn't really matter because I still get my hands on it anyway. I love your Avatar, Deadmau5 is amazing.

Comment

How'd you like it up down here? It definitely has It's ups and downs for sure. Thornton is kind-of boring when you've lived there for your 18 years of life.
                              I don't miss it. I was never meant for the snow. At first I hated moving but now I like living in the south though I still refuse to adopt a southen accent.

Comment

I'm unfortunately not 21 yet man, but it doesn't really matter because I still get my hands on it anyway. I love your Avatar, Deadmau5 is amazing.
                                I envy that kind of freedom.

And thanks, man. You're right. Deadmau5 is the shit!

Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
                                I don't miss it. I was never meant for the snow. At first I hated moving but now I like living in the south though I still refuse to adopt a southen accent.
                                I don't much care for cold weather either. I'd prefer to be really hot than really cold.

An' whatchoo got 'gainst havin' a Southern accent, missy? Ain't nothin' wrong with puttin' a lil' twang on that thang.

Comment

Working...
                                X