No announcement yet.

Off Topic Thread ~ December 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been trying to come up with a good idea for a thesis paper to write next semester. I have to write an 8-page prospectus for it over winter break just so I can register for the class. Right now I'm thinking of writing about film adaptations of the works of Lovecraft and how they often fail to capture the overall mood of his short stories and novellas. I also want to write about films like Prince of Darkness which are actually more faithful to Lovecraft's themes even though they are not adapted from his stories. This is going to be a looooong paper, so I figure I might as well write about a subject that interests me.
    54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by dead breed View Post
      I have to kind of laugh at the preambles people give before leaving. I consider myself friendly with LaArana, so it's not a specific shot on him, it's more the situation. I think too often people want to announce their intentions of leaving, hoping to take a curtain call to a chorus of "Don't go's!" or "You can't leave! This site will simply shut down without you!" People want the drama of leaving and then want the drama when they come back like the prodigal son.

It often starts with, "I've been giving this matter thought for some time and I feel my time at BD has come to an end..."

Here's the thing, you aren't retiring from Major League Baseball after breaking the most games played streak, you aren't leaving a winning tradition of coaching the Chicago Bulls to six championships, you aren't leaving a storied career where you toured the country and racked up dozens of Grammy wins, this is an internet message board. If you need a break from the site for awhile, take a break. If people want to leave, just log off and if you come back some day, that's cool too. I don't understand why it has to involve an elaborate manifesto about their feelings or culminate in a cliche banning.

Comment

• I'm sticking around until the bitter end, motherfuckers. Deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
          I'm sticking around until the bitter end, motherfuckers. Deal with it.
          Thats so wonderful.

On a side note I have such long beautiful luscious curly hair I almost cant stand it.
          "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
            Thats so wonderful.

On a side note I have such long beautiful luscious curly hair I almost cant stand it.
            Yeah, I have to keep mine short or I end up looking like 70's disco singer.
            Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• Originally posted by floyd2006 View Post

I like to keep my hair very short as well.
              54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Mine is down my back past my bra strap quite a bit. It's taken a long ass time to get like that.

Comment

• Could always get a perm

Has anyone heard of Pasting before? It's basically someone getting high off of toothpaste by rubbing them on their nipples for 45 mins.
                  Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• Hell, i'm not leavin'.

Took me five months just to get back here.

Comment

Could always get a perm

Has anyone heard of Pasting before? It's basically someone getting high off of toothpaste by rubbing them on their nipples for 45 mins.
                      I dont need a perm my hair is naturally wavy/curly it's ridiculous.

I used to be addicted to putting toothpaste on my nips now I just put it on my clit.

Comment

Could always get a perm

No, but I hope it catches on because...

When self mutilators get together with toothpaste junkies and have a party, they can call it Cutters & Pasters.

Paste-ers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack the Pin View Post
                          No, but I hope it catches on because...

When self mutilators get together with toothpaste junkies and have a party, they can call it Cutters & Pasters.

Paste-ers?
                          [YOUTUBE]6zXDo4dL7SU[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                            I have to kind of laugh at the preambles people give before leaving. I consider myself friendly with LaArana, so it's not a specific shot on him, it's more the situation. I think too often people want to announce their intentions of leaving, hoping to take a curtain call to a chorus of "Don't go's!" or "You can't leave! This site will simply shut down without you!" People want the drama of leaving and then want the drama when they come back like the prodigal son.

It often starts with, "I've been giving this matter thought for some time and I feel my time at BD has come to an end..."

Here's the thing, you aren't retiring from Major League Baseball after breaking the most games played streak, you aren't leaving a winning tradition of coaching the Chicago Bulls to six championships, you aren't leaving a storied career where you toured the country and racked up dozens of Grammy wins, this is an internet message board. If you need a break from the site for awhile, take a break. If people want to leave, just log off and if you come back some day, that's cool too. I don't understand why it has to involve an elaborate manifesto about their feelings or culminate in a cliche banning.
                            I agree 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post

People love to be dramatic about everything, man. Stirring up shit just seems to be alot of fun for some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                                Lizard King is gone from BD now as well?
                                Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                                What happend to lizard king ?
                                Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
                                He went to that big lizard aquarium in the sky

Comment

Working...
                                X