Mental Illnesses/Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spill away.

I was recently diagnosed with severe depression and severe anxiety. I've been going through a rough patch with my co-workers the past few months. Basically they're all a bunch of bullying cunts, and because I was bullied relentlessly all through high school these recent events triggered a near mental breakdown and brought a lot of stuff up that I thought I had hidden away. Clearly not.

I've always been an anxious person but the past few weeks my anxiety has been through the roof causing crippling paranoia so I finally took action.

My doctor put me on Lexapro and I'm also seeing a psychologist once a week and this combination of therapy feels like it's starting to work.
    Even just talking to people from the forums helped me out a great deal. I've only had two psychologist meeting so far but he's already touched on and identified why I have these problems so I feel like I'm on the road to recovery.

We all go through rough patches from time to time but if It gets too much then don't be afraid to seek help, otherwise you're just going to suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
      Spill away.

I was recently diagnosed with severe depression and severe anxiety. I've been going through a rough patch with my co-workers the past few months. Basically they're all a bunch of bullying cunts, and because I was bullied relentlessly all through high school these recent events triggered a near mental breakdown and brought a lot of stuff up that I thought I had hidden away. Clearly not.

I've always been an anxious person but the past few weeks my anxiety has been through the roof causing crippling paranoia so I finally took action.

My doctor put me on Lexapro and I'm also seeing a psychologist once a week and this combination of therapy feels like it's starting to work.
      Even just talking to people from the legacy helped me out a great deal. I've only had two psychologist meeting so far but he's already touched on and identified why I have these problems so I feel like I'm on the road to recovery.

We all go through rough patches from time to time but if It gets too much then don't be afraid to seek help, otherwise you're just going to suffer.
      Glad the Lexapro is finally doing some good!

Comment

I'm addicted to hot chicks.

I'm addicted to plain chicks.

I'm addicted to mediocre looking chicks.

I implore anyone who has problems to pick up chicks.

It's a cure all.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
          Glad the Lexapro is finally doing some good!
          Thanks Iggy.

Yeah once I got past the first few days all is good. I'm even sleeping normally again.

Comment

If you want to get rid of depression, and this is aimed at no one in particular, all you have to do is....

STOP DRINKING SO MUCH ALCOHOL!!!

Yes, it's that simple....

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Pin View Post
              If you want to get rid of depression, and this is aimed at no one in particular, all you have to do is....

STOP DRINKING SO MUCH ALCOHOL!!!

Yes, it's that simple....
              What if you don't drink ?

Comment

What if you don't drink ?
                Then you aren't a victim of alcoholic depression.

Do you smoke marijuana habitually?

Comment

Then you aren't a victim of alcoholic depression.

Do you smoke marijuana habitually?
                  Nope.

Comment

Nope.

Are you an atheist or an agnostic?

Or to put it another way...

Do you have a spiritual or philosophical viewpoint that gives meaning to life rather than detracting from it?

Do you find value in your work?

Do you find value in your relationships?
                    Last edited by Jack the Pin; 03-17-2014, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Are you an atheist or an agnostic?

Do you have a spiritual or philosophical viewpoint that gives meaning to life rather than detracting from it?

Things aren't sounding so simple anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkaline View Post
                        Things aren't sounding so simple anymore.
                        We'll have this boy up out of his sick bed and singing Pagliacci in no time flat!

Comment

Yes, yes and yes.

Comment

Yes, yes and yes.
                            Hmmmm...

So, you don't imbibe or inhale, you have a life-affirming worldview, you value family and friends and intimate relationships, you're job isn't sucking your soul out of your ear.....and yet you are depressed?

Comment

Hmmmm...

So, you don't imbibe or inhale, you have a life-affirming worldview, you value family and friends and intimate relationships, you're job isn't sucking your soul out of your ear.....and yet you are depressed?
                              I love my job. It's the people that make it Hell and make me depressed. It's a loooooooooooong story.

Comment

I love my job. It's the people that make it Hell and make me depressed. It's a loooooooooooong story.
                                You can't change people, you can only change your expectations of them. But in all seriousness if they are the negative energy bringing you down then maybe you need to distance your self from them? I don't know your situation but I know when I distanced myself from the negative people in my life it was like a weight off my shoulders.

Comment

Working...
                                X