Alligator vs Burmese Python

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alligator vs Burmese Python

This has nothing to do with anything, but I've been fascinated with the ongoing story of Pythons taking over the Everglades and slowly killing the alligators.

This is one of the coolest videos I've ever seen.

[YOUTUBE]rwRdqkEcmbs[/YOUTUBE]

That is awesome in a creepy snake way... and has brought back my completely irrational fear of snakes coming up through the drain.

Comment

Comment

Has anyone ever been through the everglades on an airboat before? I went on one when I was about 7 years old with my parents while on vacation. I didnt even see any gators then. Back in 05 my wife and I went to Orlando on our honeymoon and I remember the side of the road going down the B Line around Kissime we would see numerous alligator corpses lying beside the road. I dont like alligators nor do I like snakes so I think it is safe to say that when we take our son there when he gets older we wont be taking him out on the airboats.

Comment

That is freaky

Comment

What the fuck. This is awesome.

Comment

Being a snake seems to be a pretty inconvenient lifestyle. Your food is bland and takes forever to swallow and then imagine slithering around on a full stomach. No thank you.

The Discovery channel used to have a mini series where by using computer programming they could create hypothetical death matches between animals to see who's strengths would win. Crocodile vs. Hippopotamus, Jaguar vs. Anaconda, etc. Each episode was only five minutes but I liked it.

Comment

Unreal!
                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Won't watch that vid as footage of giant snakes eating things freaks me the fuck out. The way their jaws detach and stretch just looks disgusting, and really evil.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
                    Being a snake seems to be a pretty inconvenient lifestyle. Your food is bland and takes forever to swallow and then imagine slithering around on a full stomach. No thank you.

The Discovery channel used to have a mini series where by using computer programming they could create hypothetical death matches between animals to see who's strengths would win. Crocodile vs. Hippopotamus, Jaguar vs. Anaconda, etc. Each episode was only five minutes but I liked it.
                    Assuming you meant this?
                    “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

That show was fucking terrible. haha I stumbled upon it last summer & watched all the episodes. Didn't take long for me to see why it was cancelled so quickly.

But I completely agree, being a snake seems like more than what I'd want to bargain for. I'd hate to have to only eat several times out the entire year. lol

Btw, has anyone here seen the photos of the Python that exploded after eating an Alligator? Now that's some chaotic shit....imagine eating something & then the next thing you know your stomach is now an open hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                        That show was fucking terrible. haha I stumbled upon it last summer & watched all the episodes. Didn't take long for me to see why it was cancelled so quickly.

But I completely agree, being a snake seems like more than what I'd want to bargain for. I'd hate to have to only eat several times out the entire year. lol

Btw, has anyone here seen the photos of the Python that exploded after eating an Alligator? Now that's some chaotic shit....imagine eating something & then the next thing you know your stomach is now an open hole.
                        You mean this photo

Comment

Alligators freak me out more than even the largest snake does. I'm wary of anything whose overall body length is comprised of one third jaw lined with razor-sharp teeth. Another thing that gets me is that alligators seem to be constantly smiling that hee hee smile of theirs. It's a very Mona Lisa sort of smile. You think you know what the Mona Lisa is thinking hanging there all quiet on the wall of the Louvre, then--chomp!--there's a gushing stump where your arm used to be. The Mona Lisa has to be one of the most fearsome predators among objets d'art. There's not a more chilling site than watching the Mona lisa tear into a hapless deer or whatever might venture too close to her frame. Why do you think the area around the Mona Lisa is cordonned off? It's not to protect an invaluable piece of Art from being snatched or poached, it's to protect art lovers (hapless deer in their own right) from being devoured whole! The Lourve has an entire room (not open to the museum-going public for obvious reasons) filled with the tattered, broken, and blood smeared reamins of art enthusiats who disregarded the primordial evil of that smile, ventured too close and--CHOMP! Heaps of tweed jackets rent from collar to cuff, pairs of bent and twisted pince nez by the bushel, mauled berets in piles as high as your head. mascerated cardigans, chewed up smoking jackets, tufts of blood clotted hair from a million goatees! Such is the Louvre's secret, and such is the Lourve's shame (even though they do a brisk though clandestine business among Japanese tourists who have been given the word up on the down low concerning the Lourve, the room and it's ghastly secretive grand guignol). The Mona Lisa and her insatiable blood-lust is the main reason as to why the French are so ill-tempered. Most have lost a frere or une soeur to this most lethal of museum scorges. Beware the Mona Lisa! ....and be careful around those damned alligators.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Pin View Post
                            Alligators freak me out more than even the largest snake does. I'm wary of anything whose overall body length is comprised of one third jaw lined with razor-sharp teeth. Another thing that gets me is that alligators seem to be constantly smiling that hee hee smile of theirs. It's a very Mona Lisa sort of smile. You think you know what the Mona Lisa is thinking hanging there all quiet on the wall of the Louvre, then--chomp!--there's a gushing stump where your arm used to be. The Mona Lisa has to be one of the most fearsome predators among objets d'art. There's not a more chilling site than watching the Mona lisa tear into a hapless deer or whatever might venture too close to her frame. Why do you think the area around the Mona Lisa is cordonned off? It's not to protect an invaluable piece of Art from being snatched or poached, it's to protect art lovers (hapless deer in their own right) from being devoured whole! The Lourve has an entire room (not open to the museum-going public for obvious reasons) filled with the tattered, broken, and blood smeared reamins of art enthusiats who disregarded the primordial evil of that smile, ventured too close and--CHOMP! Heaps of tweed jackets rent from collar to cuff, pairs of bent and twisted pince nez by the bushel, mauled berets in piles as high as your head. mascerated cardigans, chewed up smoking jackets, tufts of blood clotted hair from a million goatees! Such is the Louvre's secret, and such is the Lourve's shame (even though they do a brisk though clandestine business among Japanese tourists who have been given the word up on the down low concerning the Lourve, the room and it's ghastly secretive grand guignol). The Mona Lisa and her insatiable blood-lust is the main reason as to why the French are so ill-tempered. Most have lost a frere or une soeur to this most lethal of museum scorges. Beware the Mona Lisa! ....and be careful around those damned alligators.

What the hell did you smoke?!
                            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Talk about deep throat
                              "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

Working...
                              X