The Off-Topic Thread - February 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gwally View Post
    Is it also true that they they don't own the rights to the film? I'm pretty sure it's in the public domain which is why it turns up in just about every horror anthology sold for less than $10. I wish I could remember where I read/heard that.
    They didn't have that fact in there but that's interesting.

I spoiled myself rotten at the grocery store today. I got rolled pancetta and mozarella, a pound of seasoned mixed olives and mushrooms, sushi, pistachio gelato, and a tube of frosting. I'm gonna get fat fat fat!

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post

I spoiled myself rotten at the grocery store today. I got rolled pancetta and mozarella, a pound of seasoned mixed olives and mushrooms, sushi, pistachio gelato, and a tube of frosting. I'm gonna get fat fat fat!
      Hopefully it all goes to your ass.

Comment

Its fat tuesday! Plus thats fancy food, I don't think the calories count as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by craftychicka View Post
          Its fat tuesday! Plus thats fancy food, I don't think the calories count as much.
          Yeah I was supposed to make a Cajun feast since I'm half Cajun but the guys took too long at the store so I'm just gonna make it tomorrow. Raw oysters, crawfish boil, Cajun sliders, and possibly beignets though those are time consuming I may just buy them.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwally View Post
            Is it also true that they they don't own the rights to the film? I'm pretty sure it's in the public domain which is why it turns up in just about every horror anthology sold for less than $10. I wish I could remember where I read/heard that.
            Yep, it's still in public domain. Back in '68 the theatrical distributor forgot to place a copyright notice on the prints when it was released in theaters.

That mistake cost Georgie boy a lot of money. The movie did well, too. It's made around 40 Million worldwide since it was released, but Romero saw little to none of that...Too bad.
            Last edited by travisbickle; 02-12-2013, 11:29 PM.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Yeah I was supposed to make a Cajun feast since I'm half Cajun but the guys took too long at the store so I'm just gonna make it tomorrow. Raw oysters, crawfish boil, Cajun sliders, and possibly beignets though those are time consuming I may just buy them.
              Beignets and cafe au lait!!!

Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
              Yep, it's still in public domain. Back in '68 the theatrical distributor forgot to place a copyright notice on the prints when it was released in theaters.

That mistake cost Georgie boy a lot of money. The movie did well, too. It's made around 40 Million worldwide since it was released, but Romero saw little to none of that...Too bad.
              Thanks. That's what I thought I just couldn't recall the details. Unbelievable!

Comment

Where is the Jambalaya or gumbo!!!!!>????

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                  Where is the Jambalaya or gumbo!!!!!>????
                  Gumbo takes three days to make. I'm gonna make some Louisiana style black eyed peas.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
                    I sooo hate you right now! Damn, all of that sounds incredible.
                    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
                    H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Gumbo takes three days to make. I'm gonna make some Louisiana style black eyed peas.
                      I've always wanted to try Gumbo.
                      54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                        I've always wanted to try Gumbo.
                        Same

There are 2 places in DC I would love to eat at. One of them has huge slices of pizza and the other sells some kind of hotdog type thing called a half-smoke. I actually think they sell gumbo as well because it is a cajun style eatery.

Comment

• Why the crap do I try to be an overachiever? Because I find humor in giving people cake balls for valentines day.

Comment

• Cthulhu?

More like Cunthulhu, amirite?

*crickets*
                            54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Why the crap do I try to be an overachiever? Because I find humor in giving people cake balls for valentines day.
                              do want!!!

I bought a package deal from 1800flowers for the gf so it comes with some roses,a teddy bear, and harry london chocolates!

The chocolates are 4.75 ounces which is like next to nothing and they were over 10 bucks!!! RAPE!!! RAPE!!!!

Comment

Why the crap do I try to be an overachiever? Because I find humor in giving people cake balls for valentines day.
                                Dude, I had some cake balls the other day...best shit I have ever tasted. Incredibly moist interior and a thick, hard coating of icing. Fucking christ.

Someone can turn that into a sex joke but it won't diminish the holiness of the cake baawwlsss.

Comment

Working...
                                X