The Off-Topic Thread - February 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
    Don't ever come to Alabama during footbal season. Two teams one damn state and the fucking rivalry between them is ridiculous. These people will kill each other over team spirit they get so worked up.
    Right? And those damned trees being poisoned last year... wtf?

Comment

Don't ever come to Alabama during footbal season. Two teams one damn state and the fucking rivalry between them is ridiculous. These people will kill each other over team spirit they get so worked up.
      Thats how it is with the Michigan vs Ohio State its like they are out for blood when they play. Its crazy.
      "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

• Fucking SuperBowls over....now we can get back to normal life.

Comment

• Originally posted by craftychicka View Post
          True fact: Goosebumps still freaks me out. lol Between the books and the show every time I catch an episode on tv it reminds me of being a kid watching it in the dark in my parents basement.

Where the fuck did R.L Stein go? Still living off kids of the 90's allowance money? He did get kids to read stuff thats better written than twilight. (I could go off on a 'how much I fucking hate twilight' rant, but I don't want to kill my buzz)
          My kids and I met him around two years ago when he was doing a library tour for children. He was doing an inspirational speech about getting into writing and then read a short story and everyone got to meet him and take pictures afterwards. It also happened to be his birthday so there was a big Goosebumps cake. I'm afraid I gushed a little when he was signing my book. I was just so excited to meet him. I wish I could find the picture I had.

Comment

My kids and I met him around two years ago when he was doing a library tour for children. He was doing an inspirational speech about getting into writing and then read a short story and everyone got to meet him and take pictures afterwards. It also happened to be his birthday so there was a big Goosebumps cake. I'm afraid I gushed a little when he was signing my book. I was just so excited to meet him. I wish I could find the picture I had.
            I have very fond Memories of R.L Stein!

Night Of The Living Dummy was the bomb!

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
              I have very fond Memories of R.L Stein!

Night Of The Living Dummy was the bomb!
              Oh those were the scariest and best episodes.

Comment

Oh those were the scariest and best episodes.
                I really liked It Came From Beneath The Sink too hard to believe the episode had a young Katharine Isabelle ! Say Cheese and Die too!

I still watch it from time to time last year at some point I must of watched 30 or so episodes.

Comment

• Jesus! I dropped 130 bucks on a kit that's those electronic ciggs today. It came with what they say is like 4 cartons of smokes for us each so I guess that about equals everything out. I must say coming from a 15+ year smoker these things aren't actually all that bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by zaglewiz View Post
                    Jesus! I dropped 130 bucks on a kit that's those electronic ciggs today. It came with what they say is like 4 cartons of smokes for us each so I guess that about equals everything out. I must say coming from a 15+ year smoker these things aren't actually all that bad.
                    I see those BLU commercials all the time my sister uses it and swears up and down by it.

Other than a cigar once in a blue moon I never was fond of smoking even though my entire family smokes a pack a day.

Comment

If I had realize he did that sort of thing I would have been on the look out. I guess I need to hit up the library more.

And I totally need to start picking them up at the thrift store/library book store for my older girl (or me, whatever ).

Comment

Adam is actually there right now in a box seat with some guy named Kevin Phelps. I don't know what he does but he's been a big supporter of the wounded warriors and he invited Adam and another soldier who is a friend of our's to go to the super bowl. I was offered a seat to go as Adam's caregiver but I said there wasn't a thing on this planet that could make me sit through that. I'm perfectly content with sitting at home watching Hotel Transylvania with the girls.

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Originally posted by zaglewiz View Post
                          Jesus! I dropped 130 bucks on a kit that's those electronic ciggs today. It came with what they say is like 4 cartons of smokes for us each so I guess that about equals everything out. I must say coming from a 15+ year smoker these things aren't actually all that bad.
                          I used Chantix and quit a year ago it was like a light switch. One day I wanted the cigs, the next day I didnt. No withdraw symptoms, no cravings, no nothing and I smoked for 12 years. Whenever I say I was on Chantix I hear the ol "Well I knew people that was on that and had bad side effects." I had zero side effects but I was willing to risk it to try and Im glad I did you know because I was scared of the withdraw symptoms. Did you get any neat flavor cartridges to put in the electric cig? I tried the cherry coke one and that was strange as shit lol.
                          "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

• Yeah, but Chantix is risky with the suicidal thoughts and all
                            Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• I was ready to quit--PERIOD. I asked my doctor and he set me up with Bupropian or something similar to chantix and even gave me a sample of Nicorette--probably not the best idea considering how much I love candy. It even came in a little container shaped like an ammo clip!!!

Comment

• How's it going everybody!?

Comment

Working...
                                X