The Off-Topic Thread - February 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Off-Topic Thread - February 2013

So whats up everyone? What plans do you have for this month?

Work.

Watch a shit load of movies.

Read.

Drink alcohol.

Comment

I've been trying to relive childhood memories by aquiring every single cartoon from the 80's.

So far i've gotten in their entirety...

ThunderCats
      He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
      SilverHawks
      Transformers
      G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero
      The Real Ghostbusters
      Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
      Popples
      Inhumanoids
      Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
      Filmation's Ghostbusters
      Bananaman
      Count Duckula
      Dungeons and Dragons
      Pee-Wee's Playhouse
      Teen Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
        I've been trying to relive childhood memories by aquiring every single cartoon from the 80's.

So far i've gotten in their entirety...

ThunderCats
        He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
        SilverHawks
        Transformers
        G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero
        The Real Ghostbusters
        Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
        Popples
        Inhumanoids
        Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
        Filmation's Ghostbusters
        Bananaman
        Count Duckula
        Dungeons and Dragons
        Pee-Wee's Playhouse
        Teen Wolf
        Some greats you got there. You should get Voltron, Captain Nintendo, Super Mario Bros, Gummy Bears, Smurfs, and I could go on. They sure as hell dont make cartoons like they used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Frey View Post
          Some greats you got there. You should get Voltron, Captain Nintendo, Super Mario Bros, Gummy Bears, Smurfs, and I could go on. They sure as hell dont make cartoons like they used to.
          Voltron is gonna be one of the one's i get next for sure. I love the packaging for it too, as the season sets come in die-cast cases.

Comment

Voltron is gonna be one of the one's i get next for sure. I love the packaging for it too, as the season sets come in die-cast cases.
            Do you remember a cartoon called Jem ( I think?)

Comment

Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
              Do you remember a cartoon called Jem ( I think?)
              Jem and the Holograms....I ordered that one today. Shout Factory has the complete series out. I remember watching it along with a bunch of other cartoon shows right before school in the morning. My sister had all the dolls. The show was great and entertaining to both girls and boys.

Comment

What the hell was that cartoon that used to come on in the 80s that was a slight ripoff of transformers where the main villain was a motorcycle and sometimes the good and bad robots united to take out someone else.

Comment

Here's the intro for Jem, to jog your memory a bit more Bear Jew....

[YOUTUBE]aRyDxEBiQUY[/YOUTUBE]

"Jem and the Holograms" "She-Ra" and "It's Punky Brewster" were the only girl themed shows i would ever watch, and they were great.....just quality entertainment.
                  Last edited by Iggy; 02-02-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

What the hell was that cartoon that used to come on in the 80s that was a slight ripoff of transformers where the main villain was a motorcycle and sometimes the good and bad robots united to take out someone else.

Ah yes....The GoBots....

[YOUTUBE]qElJUllRv5c[/YOUTUBE]
                    Last edited by Iggy; 02-02-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

"Jem and the Holograms" "She-Ra" and "It's Punky Brewster" were the only girl themed shows i would ever watch, and they were great.....just quality entertainment.
                      Jem was awesome! I had forgotten about it and stumbled across it on netflix. Fraggle Rock is my absolute favorite 'childhood show' though.

When I've gone back and re-watched some shows from my childhood and I didn't realize how dark they were. Kinda makes sense though

Comment

I was actually wondering if it was gobots. I remember them being mentioned in Clerks 2 being called the "Kmart of transformers"

Comment

Jem and the Holograms....I ordered that one today. Shout Factory has the complete series out. I remember watching it along with a bunch of other cartoon shows right before school in the morning. My sister had all the dolls. The show was great and entertaining to both girls and boys.

Awesome Iggy, thanks for the link. You're really making me want to go pick up some of these now...

Originally posted by craftychicka View Post
                          Jem was awesome! I had forgotten about it and stumbled across it on netflix. Fraggle Rock is my absolute favorite 'childhood show' though.

When I've gone back and re-watched some shows from my childhood and I didn't realize how dark they were. Kinda makes sense though

I loved Fraggle Rock, it was one of my all time favorite kid shows and I think I had a crush on Red..

Comment

Originally posted by craftychicka View Post

Alot of kids shows in the 80's were dark, but that's because back then they had balls....not like the shit being force fed to kids today. Thank god for DVD's!

Oh and yeah, Fraggle Rock was awesome, both live action and animated.

Comment

I was actually wondering if it was gobots. I remember them being mentioned in Clerks 2 being called the "Kmart of transformers"
                              Yeah, alot of the kids i knew growing up couldn't afford Transformers, so they had Gobots.

Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post

Awesome Iggy, thanks for the link. You're really making me want to go pick up some of these now...
                              GO FOR IT MAN! I've been having a blast watching them all!

Comment

Working...
                              X