Friday the 13 th entire series on VHS
    Antique dining set 40 bucks
    Miss matched dishes multiple cents
    Coolest sunglasses on earth 1.47

So much more...
    jIMMY jOE'S GOT THE BALL AND WON'T GIVE IT UP!"

Originally posted by trachea View Post
    I scored some...So much more...
    I bought some comics at a yard sale the other day does that count?

I go to the Salvation Army from time to time they usually have something to buy.

Comment

I LOVE THRIFT STORES. Trachea, those finds are ace!

If it's cool, my last trip has a story attached...

Across the street from the tragically closed Liberace museum (but the restaurant is opened and haunted! I recommend the stuffed crab dish) is a tiny smoke shop. I hate cigarettes so I ignored it, until one day I saw those two magic words under the sign- THRIFT SHOP.

It's pretty basic crap... until I found the magazine section. Jackpot. Old cinema magazines from the 70's. Sleazy true crime rags. Fangorias, Starlogs, even a few Toxics- plus MAD magazine rip offs I've never even heard of!

I walk up to pay for my booty, and I notice a signed Michael Berryman photo behind the register. Nice.

"Oh, these. You know, all of these belonged to Ray Dennis Steckler." "REALLY??" (He points to an address sticker) "Ah-yep. When he died we got a lot of his stuff, I even have film of stuff he never released."

Ray Dennis Steckler, Aka Cash Flagg. Legendary creator of "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies." He owned Mascot Video, which was just down the road, so it made sense. Wow.

Lots of magazines like CULT MOVIES and SCARLET STREET, and they either carried a full page ad for his stuff or had an interview with him.

Every time I go in, new stuff has trickled out. The shop owner told me Steckler had a lot of footage of police brutality, as he wanted to do a documentary on the local corruption.

My last visit I got this great one sheet from THRILL KILLERS, $5 from his personal collection. BTW, based on gathered evidence... I think Steckler was secretly in love with Liz Renay.

Comment

A couple of sweet vests. I never see vests anywhere except for thrift shops.

A real leather jacket that fits perfectly and was grossly under priced.

Several suit jackets.

About 20 Goosebumps books.

Pat Benatar Fire and Ice on Vinyl. Really I was just excited to find a record that wasn't complete shit. Rarely do thrift shops around here have anything that isn't the Sound of Music soundtrack.

Tubular Bells on Vinyl

The movie Andre on laser disc. I must stress I didn't buy it for the movie because it obviously sucks. I bought it because I had never seen a laser disc before and it was a novelty.

Comment

Originally posted by KittenInTheBrain View Post

Across the street from the tragically closed Liberace museum (but the restaurant is opened and haunted! I recommend the stuffed crab dish) is a tiny smoke shop. I hate cigarettes so I ignored it, until one day I saw those two magic words under the sign- THRIFT SHOP.

It's pretty basic crap... until I found the magazine section. Jackpot. Old cinema magazines from the 70's. Sleazy true crime rags. Fangorias, Starlogs, even a few Toxics- plus MAD magazine rip offs I've never even heard of!

I walk up to pay for my booty, and I notice a signed Michael Berryman photo behind the register. Nice.

"Oh, these. You know, all of these belonged to Ray Dennis Steckler." "REALLY??" (He points to an address sticker) "Ah-yep. When he died we got a lot of his stuff, I even have film of stuff he never released."

Ray Dennis Steckler, Aka Cash Flagg. Legendary creator of "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies." He owned Mascot Video, which was just down the road, so it made sense. Wow.

Lots of magazines like CULT MOVIES and SCARLET STREET, and they either carried a full page ad for his stuff or had an interview with him.

Every time I go in, new stuff has trickled out. The shop owner told me Steckler had a lot of footage of police brutality, as he wanted to do a documentary on the local corruption.

My last visit I got this great one sheet from THRILL KILLERS, $5 from his personal collection. BTW, based on gathered evidence... I think Steckler was secretly in love with Liz Renay.

I hate you. I find some cool shit, but never that cool.

Most of my vinyl was found at thrift stores.

My favorite scores have been a vintage leather fringe vest, and a green goblet from the 60's complete with smily faces. (I'm a hippy at heart, what can I say).

Comment

Oh I can see me spending a lot of time in here. My only problem is tue nearest Goodwill is 19 miles away.

Comment

I bought a full working Nintendo with Super Mario Bros 3, TMNT 2, Metroid, Batman, Ninja Gaiden, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Ducktales, Contra and Gremlins 2.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
                I bought a full working Nintendo with Super Mario Bros 3, TMNT 2, Metroid, Batman, Ninja Gaiden, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Ducktales, Contra and Gremlins 2.
                Hell fucking yea.

I thrift once a week usually. Basically my entire wardrobe is made up of thrift finds. The pants I have on now are $110 jeans I got for $8. I most recently picked up Pickman 2, Metroid Prime 2, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Sonic Mega Collection for $3.50 each. Plenty of movies as well, including a double VHS collectors edition of Dawn of the Dead still in it's shrink wrap.

Comment

O.. M......G!
                  jIMMY jOE'S GOT THE BALL AND WON'T GIVE IT UP!"

Comment

Originally posted by KittenInTheBrain View Post

Comment

The only thing I found was a Kate Spade purse that was brand new 350 and I paid 7 bucks for.
                      "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

Best thing I ever found was a super rare OOP Criterion Collection dvd of This Is Spinal Tap.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                          Best thing I ever found was a super rare OOP Criterion Collection dvd of This Is Spinal Tap.

[IMG][/IMG]
                          Ironic I have that exact same DVD as well picked it up ages ago.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
                            The only thing I found was a Kate Spade purse that was brand new 350 and I paid 7 bucks for.
                            Sounds like you got a great deal. Always nice to get something expensive for a cheap and affordable price.

Comment

Sounds like you got a great deal. Always nice to get something expensive for a cheap and affordable price.
                              Oh I forgot I did get a First Edition print of The Exorcist for a quarter thats better than the purse.
                              "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

Working...
                              X