Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Off Topic Thread - April 2013

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Off Topic Thread - April 2013

    "insert predictable april fools joke here"

    good morning BD. Im hungover this morning fro 4 beers haha. Since my surgery alcohol kicks my ass and now I have a headache and my left leg hurts in various areas. Anyone doing anything fun today?

  • #2
    l feel like I got jipped on Bioshock Infinite. Apparantly if you want the game to be a decent length you need to buy the season pass or song bird edition. The game had to have a 1/3 of the length the first two Bioshocks had. It also had a very abrubt ending/story sum up leaving you with holes and much to be desired. I think I'm going to try to trade with someone and get Bioshock 1 & 2.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
      l feel like I got jipped on Bioshock Infinite. Apparantly if you want the game to be a decent length you need to buy the season pass or song bird edition. The game had to have a 1/3 of the length the first two Bioshocks had. It also had a very abrubt ending/story sum up leaving you with holes and much to be desired. I think I'm going to try to trade with someone and get Bioshock 1 & 2.
      I used to be an avid gamer and now I have all but quit due to shit like this. The most recent console I play anymore is Gamecube. I miss the gaming days of yore.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
        l feel like I got jipped on Bioshock Infinite. Apparantly if you want the game to be a decent length you need to buy the season pass or song bird edition. The game had to have a 1/3 of the length the first two Bioshocks had. It also had a very abrubt ending/story sum up leaving you with holes and much to be desired. I think I'm going to try to trade with someone and get Bioshock 1 & 2.
        The season pass is just for future DLC. It was just as long, if not longer than the original Bioshock. I think people remember Bioshock being more than it was, because it was so fresh at the time. I've even heard people claiming that Bioshock was some "open world sandbox", and BI was linear, when both games were structured in the exact same way.

        If you thought there were unexplained holes in the ending, I would suggest reading up on it a bit. It's some pretty deep stuff, and you will be amazed at how much thought went into it. I grasped most of the big plot elements when I played, but I was in awe at how much attention to detail went into it, when I read up on it. So many tiny details that went completely over my head when I played it.


        Comment


        • #5
          I saw a 'trailer' for the new bioshock...is it still called that for video games, because I'm a little out of the loop. It looked gorgeous from a graphics standpoint, and if I knew it wouldn't consume my life I'd totally play it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Heretic View Post
            The season pass is just for future DLC. It was just as long, if not longer than the original Bioshock. I think people remember Bioshock being more than it was, because it was so fresh at the time. I've even heard people claiming that Bioshock was some "open world sandbox", and BI was linear, when both games were structured in the exact same way.

            If you thought there were unexplained holes in the ending, I would suggest reading up on it a bit. It's some pretty deep stuff, and you will be amazed at how much thought went into it. I grasped most of the big plot elements when I played, but I was in awe at how much attention to detail went into it, when I read up on it. So many tiny details that went completely over my head when I played it.
            I just feel like you faced off with/encountered more characters in the first two. Got more of a back story. If you look on HLTB the first game took on average two hours longer to complete.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
              I just feel like you faced off with/encountered more characters in the first two. Got more of a back story. If you look on HLTB the first game took on average two hours longer to complete.
              Those extra two hours were because of all the hacking mini-games, which admittedly, I kind of missed in this one.

              Bioshock was a bit more action heavy. It had more enemy encounters overall, and the Big Daddies were a constant threat, unlike the Handyman in BI, but I think the big character encounters were about equal. In the original, you had the doctor, the magician, The fire guy, and Atlas. Not including Andrew Ryan of course, which was just a cutscene really. In BI, you had [SPOILER]Slate, Fink, Daisey, and Mrs. Comstock, with Mr. Comstock being handled in more of a cinematic way, like Andrew Ryan was.[/SPOILER]

              Personally, I don't think one is all that much better than the other, in terms of gameplay, but I liked the overall story in Bioshock Infinite a bit more.


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                Those extra two hours were because of all the hacking mini-games, which admittedly, I kind of missed in this one.

                Bioshock was a bit more action heavy. It had more enemy encounters overall, and the Big Daddies were a constant threat, unlike the Handyman in BI, but I think the big character encounters were about equal. In the original, you had the doctor, the magician, The fire guy, and Atlas. Not including Andrew Ryan of course, which was just a cutscene really. In BI, you had [SPOILER]Slate, Fink, Daisey, and Mrs. Comstock, with Mr. Comstock being handled in more of a cinematic way, like Andrew Ryan was.[/SPOILER]

                Personally, I don't think one is all that much better than the other, in terms of gameplay, but I liked the overall story in Bioshock Infinite a bit more.

                I guess we all have different opinions. Maybe I just had set my expectations too high. I've had the BI release countdown app on my home screen since an official release date was announced. Before that I read article after article, followed on Facebook, watched trailers, and had my copy pre ordered as soon as it became available to do so. After all that I just feel let down but that could be my fault for putting it on that kind of pedestal.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by craftychicka View Post
                  I saw a 'trailer' for the new bioshock...is it still called that for video games, because I'm a little out of the loop. It looked gorgeous from a graphics standpoint, and if I knew it wouldn't consume my life I'd totally play it.
                  The debut trailer was a little misleading but they improved that as further trailers became available. Still don't know what the roses were about BC you never saw them in the game. It won't consume your life for very long. A couple late nights and you're done.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
                    I used to be an avid gamer and now I have all but quit due to shit like this. The most recent console I play anymore is Gamecube. I miss the gaming days of yore.
                    I wanna use the word 'yore' in some kind of sentence,

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
                      I wanna use the word 'yore' in some kind of sentence,
                      Eeyore is the melancholy friend of Pooh.
                      54 Hookers and Counting....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                        Eeyore is the melancholy friend of Pooh.

                        Yore a dork...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
                          l feel like I got jipped on Bioshock Infinite. Apparantly if you want the game to be a decent length you need to buy the season pass or song bird edition. The game had to have a 1/3 of the length the first two Bioshocks had. It also had a very abrubt ending/story sum up leaving you with holes and much to be desired. I think I'm going to try to trade with someone and get Bioshock 1 & 2.
                          I haven't heard much negative about it. I was agains it at first, me being a bit of a Rapture fanboy. But it does look pretty good, and the amount of positive shit it's getting is stunning. But, that is fucking short. 2 hours less? Ehh.

                          I dunno, I'm not going to rush out and buy it, I'll eventually get it. I don't think the franchise will ever again come close to the original. In terms of characters, setting, story.

                          I never played a lot of Bio-shock 2. Hardly any really. But it kinda felt half assed.
                          "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





                          "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


                          You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                          Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                          My little idiot..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
                            I wanna use the word 'yore' in some kind of sentence,
                            How 'bout this one.


                            Joey, yore mom is a total hore.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Remember the bald guy from that shitty sitcom Yes, Dear?

                              Dude's been kicking ass lately on Justified.

                              Seriously, other than Gus Fring from Breaking Bad and Trinity from Dexter, this show has the best villains. Can't wait for the season finale tonight.
                              54 Hookers and Counting....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X