BLOODY-DISGUSTING

BLOODY-DISGUSTING (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Quentin Tarantino (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/showthread.php?t=29506)

Dobe Dobe 03-08-2008 06:25 PM

Quentin Tarantino

What is your favorite movie by the fella? Discuss and ignore NewWorldOrder, MikeBonomo and depecheanix, as all they're going to do is complain about how he used shots and/or story lines from other movies. They're bitter little men.

My ranking of favorites goes:
1. Death Proof
2. Kill Bill Volume 1
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Jackie Brown
6. Kill Bill Volume 2

Cannibal Rapist 03-08-2008 06:29 PM

Reservoir Dogs for sure. The movie is just so damn good.
Mr. Blonde and Mr. Pink were the best.
But yeah, awesome story, dialogue, characters, everything.

A close second would be Pulp Fiction.

indecent actions 03-08-2008 06:31 PM

So you're not counting Natural born Killers, From Dusk Till Dawn or True Romance as QT films? All three of these are in my top 25..the man has mass talent.

Probably Reservoir Dogs but I own and enjoy them all.

EDIT-I did not see the other option....so True Romance is my favorite

killer-on-the-run 03-08-2008 06:32 PM

He is my favourite director of all time. Anyway Pulp fiction all the way followed by Reservoir Dogs. He is one fantastic film maker and anybody who thinks other wise has got shit for brains.

Just check and youll know how much I love this guy.

alleywaykrew 03-08-2008 06:33 PM

I celebrate his entire catalog, but Reservoir Dogs is my favorite. It's one of my personal top five films of all time actually.

Cannibal Rapist 03-08-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alleywaykrew (Post 1027063)
I celebrate his entire catalog, but Reservoir Dogs is my favorite. It's one of my personal top five films of all time actually.

I as well. Though, I do have a personal top five of horror, and non-horror.

killer-on-the-run 03-08-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indecent actions (Post 1027057)
So you're not counting Natural born Killers, From Dusk Till Dawn or True Romance as QT films? All three of these are in my top 25..the man has mass talent.

Probably Reservoir Dogs but I own and enjoy them all.

I conider those QT films but although the he wrote them he didn't direct any of them. Which is a damn shame. But he did do half of FDTD and that was the first half just before all the vampires come. The rest is done by the hack Robert Rodriguez.

TheLadyLigeia 03-08-2008 06:36 PM

Haha, I've been a fan of Tarantino for several years now. His best film is definitely Pulp Fiction but I like all his other movies too.

I understand why people don't like Kill Bill or why they'd be annoyed by it, but for me, I saw both volumes when I was 14, and it made a big impression on me. It introduced me to a lot of the movies and genres that I watch and enjoy now, so I'm thankful to QT for it.

alleywaykrew 03-08-2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indecent actions (Post 1027057)
So you're not counting Natural born Killers, From Dusk Till Dawn or True Romance as QT films?

First of all, he ostensibly disowned Natural Born Killers...that's why he just took the story credit instead of the writing credit. Second of all, even though From Dusk Till Dawn & True Romance are great flicks...they aren't his films. Even he feels that way. He talks about it to some extent on the commentary to True Romance.

indecent actions 03-08-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killer-on-the-run (Post 1027067)
I conider those QT films but although the he wrote them he didn't direct any of them. Which is a damn shame. But he did do half of FDTD and that was the first half just before all the vampires come. The rest is done by the hack Robert Rodriguez.

He also directed the exchange in the car between Clive Owen and Del Toro in Sin City..one of the best parts of the movie.