BLOODY-DISGUSTING

BLOODY-DISGUSTING (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Boardwalk Empire (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/showthread.php?t=54994)

Heretic 05-27-2010 08:19 AM

Boardwalk Empire

Wow, HBO is getting cool again.

Now that looks like a great new series. After having to endure some cancellations of some truly great shows like Deadwood, and Carnivale, while scratching my head at the continuations of mediocre shit like Entourage, and True Blood, HBO finally has another drama I'm interested in.

Thoughts?

AbsorbantJellyfish 05-27-2010 01:04 PM

An appealingly authentic drama starring Steve Buscemi (and maybe Omar from The Wire) that takes place in NJ, I'm definitely interested. And Scorsese having directed the pilot episode makes me look forward to the series that much more.

TheDeadMayTasteBad 05-30-2010 01:26 PM

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this series (though we can rest assured more will once it starts airing).

As Heretic said, HBO seems to be really getting their shit together for the next year or so.

Remember five (?) or so years ago? HBO had Carnivale, The Sopranos, Deadwood, The Wire, and Six Feet Under--a freaking amazing lineup. Now, it seems HBO is entering that second wind. We have Treme, we're going to get Boardwalk Empire, and then we'll be receiving Game of Thrones next year.

Good... 'effin... goodness.

Granted, True Blood and Big Love and such shows have tided me over, but none have really struck that insane obsessive cord in me. However, with this line up I think we can say HBO is gonna be back in prime form, ladies and gentlemen.

el terror 05-31-2010 03:34 AM

I can't wait for this series. The pilot episode is the most expensive one ever made and directed by Martin Scorcese. AND it's from the geniuses who made the Sopranos!
Count me in.

allnkevin 06-02-2010 12:10 AM

Cho yun tea

Does anyone know what projects he is working on, like How to Make it in America, Entreatment, and Boardwalk Empire? And when can we expect to see them?

mossy 06-02-2010 03:01 PM

I can't wait for this. It's good to see the likes of Michael K. Williams getting some more screen time and Buscemi has always been one of my favorite actors. Looks like a winner. Hopefully it doesn't get the same bums rush as Deadwood though.

dribbz 06-13-2010 08:24 PM

It looks pretty good. I'm going to try to get into it.

Jinx 09-17-2010 07:28 PM

BUMP!!!

are you guys kidding me?? thread is dead!!

this sunday! Can't wait

Mr. Monkey 09-18-2010 09:57 AM

So excited! Great cast.

ClonedBeef 09-19-2010 12:37 PM

The talent attached to this project makes it seem too good to be true, and after watching A Serious Man I was looking forward to Michael Stuhlbarg's next performance, looks like this is going to be it.