BLOODY-DISGUSTING

BLOODY-DISGUSTING (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/index.php)
-   Modern Horror (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The Faculty (1998) (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/showthread.php?t=90767)

HorrorMovieFan 09-15-2012 05:15 PM

The Faculty (1998)

"The Faculty"....Top notch sci-fi thriller with a wonderful cast of screen vets and young talent. The special effects are good, the action and suspense are solid, and the directing is good. A strong screenplay and a terrific mix of characters make the film fun, entertaining, thrilling, and witty. It is also nice to see Piper Laurie("Carrie") back in the thriller/horror genre. I really like Josh Hartnett, Shawn Hatosy, and Clea Duvall in this!!

9/10

Mayday 09-15-2012 06:32 PM

If anyone has seen the newest Blu-ray edition of The Facutly, I'd love to hear what you think of it. I've read mixed reviews on it, although I think it's mostly due to it not including anything in the way of extras (though who really gives a shit about interviews and docus once you've seen them).

Feel free to leave a message on my profile if you have info on the new Blu-ray.

RomeroCarpenter Fan 09-15-2012 10:46 PM

this is an awesome flick. nicely done special effects for the most part. really like the scene where jon stewarts character tries to go after the teens in the classroom and gets his fingers sliced off by hartnett.

(8.5/10)

Mogwai 09-17-2012 03:51 PM

Gotta get in on this love-in for this excellent teeny horror. It's like The Breakfast Club meets The thing, stopping by The Hidden before arriving at Body Snatchers. It never takes itself too seriously and every woman in this flick is fit as fuck, especially Famke Janssen when she turns into this slutty alien type.
It was never going to win any awards, but then again it never aspired to, it's pure teeny schlock goodness and I, for one, loved every minute.
9/10

Mr. Bill 09-17-2012 07:17 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...yaito1_500.gif

nancylives! 09-17-2012 07:48 PM

i'm a big fan of this movie. the deep cast speaks to love for robert rodriguez. clea duvall is awesome, and i've always liked josh hartnett. the cool scene in jon stewarts room where the yput the critter in the aquarium is darn cool. as a teacher with lots of aquariums in the classroom, i wish somestudent would bring me a toothy little alien fishy-thing. i like the paranoia, i like the appreciation for classic b cinema, i like rodriguez's confident, energetic direction. great character-driven movie. i just wish clea duvall (who is ally sheedy-esque to say the least) hadn't gone that alison route.

HorrorMovieFan 09-20-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogwai (Post 2622225)
Gotta get in on this love-in for this excellent teeny horror. It's like The Breakfast Club meets The thing, stopping by The Hidden before arriving at Body Snatchers. It never takes itself too seriously and every woman in this flick is fit as fuck, especially Famke Janssen when she turns into this slutty alien type.
It was never going to win any awards, but then again it never aspired to, it's pure teeny schlock goodness and I, for one, loved every minute.
9/10

;) :pirate:

Heathen 09-20-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancylives! (Post 2622298)
as a teacher with lots of aquariums in the classroom, i wish somestudent would bring me a toothy little alien fishy-thing.

...but then you'd have to confine and possibly kill the student for fear of their being infected. As is really worth it?

Mr Torrance 09-21-2012 12:12 PM

Guilty pleasure,something about this that I just love and Jordana Brewster doesn't hurt either.

klownz666 01-17-2013 07:27 AM

Rodriguez really has treated us to some great horror, from dusk till dawn, the faculty and planet terror! All great films and they make a very good night in getting pissed up having a horror session!