BLOODY-DISGUSTING - View Single Post - Boardwalk Empire
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #160
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
Also, I don't know how many Seasons this is gonna go for, but I definitely think this has the potential to surpass The Sopranos in greatness. If I had to judge based on the first 3 seasons of both shows, I'd give the edge to Boardwalk. I know this show doesn't have the massive ratings that the Sopranos had, so it won't likely go as long. Unless ratings pick up, of course....That, and with the way BE kills off it's main characters....Yeah, I don't see it lasting quite as long.
Until I see "Officially renewed", I don't get too excited for future plans of an HBO show. Look at where they left Deadwood. With the cost of these shows, nothing is safe at HBO.

Better than Sopranos though? I don't think so. I was never once bored with The Sopranos from season 1-5. Not one weak sub-plot, throughout those seasons. Boardwalk Empire is fantastic, but I'd be lying if I said it hasn't lost me a couple of times, with it's pacing. I wouldn't put it ahead of Breaking Bad, Deadwood, The Wire, or the first four seasons of Dexter either.

It sure has surpassed the recent seasons of Dexter though, and is currently my #2 show I watch on cable.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote