BLOODY-DISGUSTING - View Single Post - The Crow, good or bad?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #51
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
You just explained it's cult status. Most of the unapologetic fanboys of this film(myself included), saw it when they were kids. It was the coolest shit ever, and you will never lose the memory of how you felt after your initial viewing. I never read the comic, or had any idea of the character before hand, but when those credits rolled for the first time, I wanted to be Eric Draven. I was instantly obsessed with the character.

Sure, if I look at it today, it's a middle of the road revenge/fantasy flick, with some style. It's nothing too special. That being said, I'll always give it bonus points for having a special place in my childhood. It was the very first movie I ever owned.
For it's time it was a culturally breathtaking film and I absolutely loved it! My brother had the comics before the release of the movie and I skimmed them over saying to myself this isn't a superhero so I tossed it to the side.

But as opening weekend came upon us the whole family ironically went and seen this diamond in the rough and at the end I too wanted to be Eric Draven.

The Cure - The Burn will be etched into my brain as long as I live.

1. Jaws
2. Cujo
3. Monkey Shines
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote