BLOODY-DISGUSTING - View Single Post - Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (2012)
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #370
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Got to check this out yesterday.

Overall, it was fantastic. If I had a complaint, it would be the disjointed ending. In a way it reminded me of the ending of Return Of The King, where one ending just wasn't good enough, so they added three more endings to it. Just when you thought it was over, it goes on for another twenty minutes.

Other than that though, it was pretty much flawless. The acting is stellar, as usual, with Dicaprio, Jackson, and Waltz given the most scene chewing material. The story is great, and QT really flexes his comedic muscles. It's almost as much of a comedy, as it is a bloody revenge flick. The KKK scene, is one of the funniest scenes in any movie I've seen all year. The action is outstanding as well, and one shootout in particular, is an instant classic.

That's all I can really say, without going into spoiler territory. If you're a QT fan, it's every bit as good as you'd expect it to be.

9/10

I also read something pretty cool about the dinner table scene.
Spoiler Below
Apparently, the blood on Dicaprio's hand is real. He accidentally gashed his hand on something on the table, when he punched it, and they just kept rolling

Not sure how legit that is, but if so, very cool.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote