BLOODY-DISGUSTING - View Single Post - The Official UFC/MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #8457
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate High View Post
On the first episode of the most recent TUF, Dana has a monologue where he notes that he had a list of fighters to challenge Jon Jones and the only one that accepted was Chael Sonnen. I'm not sure how accurate and/or truthful that is but that's what was said.
There is some truth to it, but....

Quote:
I think it also probably has a lot to do with how good Sonnen is on TV.
That's the real reason.

Quote:
Again, I'm really just getting my feet wet as far as UFC is concerned, so I'm not familiar with Sonnen's (infamous) facade he apparently puts to hype his fights but I will say that, hands-down, he's the best coach I've ever seen on the show and has made me a fan in the short time it's been on.
Oh' man, he's nothing like he was a short time ago. He's on good behaviour these days, and very respectful. His schtick used to be being an absolute fucking asshole, who could articulate his douche-ness better than anyone in the business, and could back it up. He was basically a pro-wrestling promoter's dream.

You should really watch his promos during his Anderson Silva feuds, to get an idea on just how good he is at selling a fight. I wouldn't be surprised if Dana is a little pissed that he's changed his personna around.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote