BLOODY-DISGUSTING - View Single Post - Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #2185
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
Yeah, it seems unlikely. PG won't last forever though, just like it didn't in the mid 90s. With so many people criticizing the build up of wrestlemania, I kinda hope for a low buy rate. If/When money starts to dry and ratings take a dip there will be a change.
I don't know. I think it's a different business today, and ratings don't mean as much as they used to. TV isn't the only source of ad revenue anymore. Like everything else these days, it's all about social media. Ratings have been shit for quite a while now, but the WWE gets it's brand out there through other means, like twitter and facebook. There are more people on mobile devices at any given time, than there are watching TV.

Quote:
Having said that I'm not hung up on a return to the attitude era, it had some awful angles (Katie Vick, mae youngs hands etc.) I just simply want a change.
I don't think it matters all that much, what the boundaries are, if the booking remains as terrible as it is.

Quote:
Can also argue that the new established fanbase of kids will grow up and WWE will need to cater the product to teenagers.
Nah, they'll just turn into jaded fans like we are. One thing the world isn't running low on, are babies. There will always be a new audience of children, waiting in the wings.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote