The Evil Dead (2013) Remake - Page 93 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #921
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
I've watched the red band trailer eight or nine times now. I haven't done that for a trailer since maybe the early 90's. Probably setting my expectations high but I love the cinematography and atmosphere displayed throughout the trailer. Part of me knows that some trailers are better than the movies but this one just feels like it will be something else to see. The orig is in my top 5 horror films of all time but not fearful they will shit on the series while maintaining the mood of the overall series.
I've watched the trailer many times myself. It's just a hella fun to watch.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #922
Daenerys
Your Highness

Daenerys is taking what's hers with fire and blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
Youre only slightly obsessed with this movie coming out like you are with Kiss, The Heat, and Fleetwood Mac. I hate the Evil Dead and I cant wait to see this.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #923
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Quote:
I can't imagine how many times I'll watch it the next couple months! I'm excited too and can't wait to see the film
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #924
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
Youre only slightly obsessed with this movie coming out like you are with Kiss, The Heat, and Fleetwood Mac. I hate the Evil Dead and I cant wait to see this.
Okay.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #925
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Well i'm just really excited for the possibilities this Evil Dead film brings. What we've seen thus far has incredible promise, and if the full movie can capture our attention as much as the trailers have, then i think we're in for a real treat. This could very well be the shot in the arm that the horror genre sorely needs right now, and Evil Dead can serve as a template for future horror endeavors. If the Evil Dead has phenominal success, i think it might push other studios and directors to start giving us more quality.....as they'll see that there's much profit to be made in a well done, successfull blockbuster of a movie.
The same was said about the TCM remake trailer(which was a bonafied hit as well). I mean really, how much of a "shot to the arm" does modern horror really need? This could be the most extreme movie ever made, and people will still yawn at it.

Does anybody else find it ironic, that people are expecting the second coming of the horror genre, to be spawned by a remake? I know I do. The best this flick can hope for, is to be a respectable remake. It's not going to turn the genre on it's ear, or anything, no matter how good it is.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #926
Shoggoth
The Living Dead

Shoggoth is in a land of confusion

It is pretty much guaranteed to be a total blast, but it isn't going to be anything new, original or game changing. It seems like the purpose of this film is just to be as outrageous as possible as to please fans and blow newcomers away. I can't wait to see it, but it isn't going to be a turning point it horror.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #927
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

In a comparison I think it will be like the Dawn of the Dead remake. That remake was really kick ass and one of the better horror movies to come along in a while (didn't hurt that it was a mighty fine action film too). I'm not sure there is much anymore that can come along and put the horror genre on its head. Hopefully it will give the genre a shot in the arm for releasing decent hard rated R flicks and challenge directors to change things up a bit (and odd that a remake may do that). That said I'm super excited to see the film. Going to be fun on the big screen!!!
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #928
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
In a comparison I think it will be like the Dawn of the Dead remake.
Actually, that is a pretty good comparison. Although, DOTD was mostly celebrated after it's release. This one is getting such universal praise based on a couple of clips, that you'd almost think the hype was manufactured. It's not, but I still can't believe how much stock people are putting into a couple of trailers. Not just here either. This movie has quite a lot of buzz, that is getting more and more impossible to live up to.

It looks pretty good and all, but let's not lose our shit just yet. For all we know, they might've blown their entire load on the trailers.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #929
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
To me Hollywood relies more on special effects to scare people and less on the elements that truly make a movie horrific. Back in the day before cgi and all that shit movies were made more accurately to scare someone. Nowadays most horror movies whether they be remakes or originals are just boring and stupid. I find the low budget indy horror films to be much more entertaining than a big budget Hollywood movie.
Well said.
I won't say that the 90's or the decade of 2000 are inferior to the Golden Age, but I would say that the 70's managed to scare the shit ou of people more effectively with less than the methods - CGI - that they use today.
I do miss the good old psychological horror movies like Rosemary's Baby or The Omen from that time, nowadays seems so damn overloaded with CGI, bad acting and dead and dumb scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #930
horror_movie_girl
It... Won't... Die...

horror_movie_girl is checking into Arkham Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to horror_movie_girl

I love that this movie is going to be CGI free! As far as the trailers go the redband one had me sold and I am not a huge fan of the Evil Dead movies.

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable
horror_movie_girl is offline   Reply With Quote