American Horror Story on FX - Page 93 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #921
voodoo_dolly
Send... More... Paramedics

voodoo_dolly is Miss New Booty

Send a message via Yahoo to voodoo_dolly

They took it off OnDemand so the last episode I watched was the monsignor pushing the sister over the stair ledge.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #922
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
There's been pay offs galore this whole season. I liked that the final episode stripped everything back and just focused on the three most important character arcs. Having Lana narrate was also a great touch.
The whole narration/interview aspect of the finale was flawlessly executed. Probably the best written episode all season.

Super surprised at how good McDermott was the last few episodes as well. Hopefully we get to see more of him in season 3.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #923
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Does this clip look familiar. This and the movie Cropsey was the inspiration for the whole season.

Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #924
The Devil's Lyric
Rotting Corpse

The Devil's Lyric is better than you

T'was an overall pretty great season. Lange stole the show once again, so I'm glad to hear of her return for season 3, along with Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Taissa Farmiga from season 1.

My biggest issue with this show, which stops it from being near perfect, is the editing. They seriously need to get an editor that understands that you don't have to chop the episodes up in turbo mode and that is in indeed okay for a shot to last more than one god damn second. I think that's why sometimes the show can seem overwhelming, which others have said is down to the cluttered script. That's really the only thing that bothers me. Some people say the cinematography is terrible, but I dig it. It's got it's own visual style and all elements of the production are top notch infact. I also think the show could really benefit from a few more episodes each season, say 15 or something, to give them chance to really explore every subplot properly.

Ryan Murphy has teased that the third season will be set in the modern-day, the show will take on a much different tone, Lange will be the lead and it will be about a "female icon". He also hinted, "we’re contemplating shooting it in a place in the country where true horror has been".

There's alot of speculation that the third season could involve witchcraft and shoot in Salem. That would certainly fit Murphy's hints about the location.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-peters-413542

http://screenrant.com/american-horror-story-season-3/
The Devil's Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #925
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

I think season 3 will revolve around witches. The hints provided point in that direction.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #926
craftychicka
Fresh Kill

craftychicka is fucking awesome

Send a message via Skype™ to craftychicka

I finally watched the last episode. As I expected Lange was amazing she brought such a depth to the many sides of 'sister jude'. But as I look back on the whole season I feel like it went from 0 to 120 back to like 50. The ending did nothing for me, but as i've said before the whole alien thing threw me off.

I'm hoping the next season will be more up my ally. Witches would be awesome!
craftychicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:33 PM   #927
The Bear Jew
It... Won't... Die...

The Bear Jew is Hanging with amazing Amy...

What an amazing finale, Lange blew me away ( like she always does) Kit rescuing Sister Jude she she didn't die in the asylum brought a tear to my eye...

Lana's confrontation with her son was and the end results was a very satisfying way to end this story arc....

Pretty much loved everything about this season/ show. Bring on season 3 and Lange!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #928
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

I rewatched the final episode again yesterday and really love how they tied up Judes story.
Spoiler Below
Kit rescuing her and her living out her final days with him was so touching.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #929
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
My biggest issue with this show, which stops it from being near perfect, is the editing. They seriously need to get an editor that understands that you don't have to chop the episodes up in turbo mode and that is in indeed okay for a shot to last more than one god damn second. I think that's why sometimes the show can seem overwhelming, which others have said is down to the cluttered script. That's really the only thing that bothers me. Some people say the cinematography is terrible, but I dig it. It's got it's own visual style and all elements of the production are top notch infact. I also think the show could really benefit from a few more episodes each season, say 15 or something, to give them chance to really explore every subplot properly.
That's my major complaint as well. It sometimes feels you are sitting within a big commercial for an asylum or a godamn freak show. The editing is just too fast and hectic up to the point becoming an distraction. I get the reason why they are doing it, but the pace isn't in the end well-balanced.
There's no leaning back on that show.

I like the concept of witches and the possible appearance of Salem, sounds great to me.

Next up episode three of season two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #930
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

The editing wasn't as bad in Season 1. I think it's all on purpose this time around so it fits in with the Asylum theme. Everybody is crazy and so is each episode, but it becomes very distracting.