Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2 - Page 204 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #2031
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post

Anyone else planning on watching the Rumble? WWE has done a terrible job building up the PPV for the casual viewer but I can't help but get excited for it.
Yeah, I'll be watching. I'm just praying that it's not the most predictable RR in history. I doubt Vince has been listening to the fans more recent reactions to Cena. For the past five or six weeks, the crowd hasn't exactly sounded too "divided". He's been getting boo'd out of buildings, and the ending to this past RAW was awkward and pathetic.

There are so many cool booking possibilities for the Rumble, that if it just plays out like everyone has been predicting for a year, I'm going to pretty damn pissed off.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #2032
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

My favorite Royal Rumble elimination:

It's sad that London got reprimanded for this spot. It's moments like this that make the Rumble awesome. I've always loved the Royal Rumble match and probably still hold it as my favorite PPV of the year.
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #2033
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
My favorite Royal Rumble elimination:

It's sad that London got reprimanded for this spot. It's moments like this that make the Rumble awesome.
I'm guessing he got punished for showing up the entire roster? Pathetic. I watched that Rumble the other day, and yeah, it was such a cool spot. I think it was same RR that Puder got chopped to death in the beginning, by Eddie, Benoit, and Holly. Now that was gold. Puder deserved every bit of it.

Quote:
I've always loved the Royal Rumble match and probably still hold it as my favorite PPV of the year.
Yeah, it's easily my favorite WWE event. I wonder how many old-schoolers we're going to see this year. I'm guessing Backlund, since he'll be there anyways for his HOF induction.

There is also rumours swirling that Papa Shongo will make an appearance. I'd love for the ring to clear, and then have Papa Shongo come out, followed by The Boogeyman. Now that would be epic.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #2034
WodenHorde
The Living Dead

WodenHorde is weeping for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling Observer awards 2012

MOST CHARISMATIC WRESTLER
1. The Rock (29O) 2,077
2. Hiroshi Tanahashi (74) 1,275
3. John Cena (69) 1,067
4. CM Punk (107) 1,032
5. Daniel Bryan (67) 539

Infini-Tropolis
WodenHorde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #2035
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I'm guessing he got punished for showing up the entire roster? Pathetic. I watched that Rumble the other day, and yeah, it was such a cool spot. I think it was same RR that Puder got chopped to death in the beginning, by Eddie, Benoit, and Holly. Now that was gold. Puder deserved every bit of it.
I just watched that entire rumble maybe six months ago and forgot how badly they pounded Puder Beat the living shit out of him with those chops

Quote:
Yeah, it's easily my favorite WWE event. I wonder how many old-schoolers we're going to see this year. I'm guessing Backlund, since he'll be there anyways for his HOF induction.

There is also rumours swirling that Papa Shongo will make an appearance. I'd love for the ring to clear, and then have Papa Shongo come out, followed by The Boogeyman. Now that would be epic.
There's another wrestling show nearby and it's rumored that
Spoiler Below
Shelton Benjamin and Carlito
will be in this year's rumble. I'd love to see Backlund in there. He was a favorite growing up when he turned bat shit crazy heel. I think the Papa Shongo thing is a joke by Wade Barrett that he's posted three straight years and some of the websites took it as real.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #2036
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
There's another wrestling show nearby and it's rumored that
Spoiler Below
Shelton Benjamin and Carlito
will be in this year's rumble. I'd love to see Backlund in there. He was a favorite growing up when he turned bat shit crazy heel. I think the Papa Shongo thing is a joke by Wade Barrett that he's posted three straight years and some of the websites took it as real.
What the fuck happened to Carlito? I loved his gimmick.

I spit in the face to those who aren't cool!"

He was a pretty good worker from what I remember as well.

I didn't know that about Barrett though. I'm still hoping it's true.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #2037
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Quote:
What the fuck happened to Carlito? I loved his gimmick.

I spit in the face to those who aren't cool!"

He was a pretty good worker from what I remember as well.

I didn't know that about Barrett though. I'm still hoping it's true.
I'd like to see both of those rumored guys picked up again for another run. There's rumors that WWE is reaching out to old mid card help to assist the current weak roster (which is silly as they have much young talent but need to write solid wrestling storylines for them. Wyatt, Harper, O'Brian, Neville, Ohno, and Graves should all make a major impact if they are booked correctly. They also have Richie Steamboat and Bo Dallas whom they are high on but I think both are shitty.).

I didn't know about the Barrett thing till the other day when I read something about it being an inside joke and he's done it for three straight years. Who knows though? They'd probably bring back a toned down Godfather first although I'd much rather see Shango again.

I forgot to mention in my last post that London stated a few times on shoots that he was given hell for that spot. It's real fucking sad when they limit their wrestlers to protect the top guys who can't do similar moves. One of the many reasons why WWE is so ass backwards anymore.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #2038
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
I forgot to mention in my last post that London stated a few times on shoots that he was given hell for that spot. It's real fucking sad when they limit their wrestlers to protect the top guys who can't do similar moves. One of the many reasons why WWE is so ass backwards anymore.
It's my biggest pet peeve about the industry. That somehow, a mid-card guy showing off his true potential, is damaging to the main event roster. It's such bullshit, old-school nonsense.

How dare up and coming wrestlers try to get over. I'd really like to know the logic behind it, and some examples of when it actually hurt anyone in the business. Whenever I hear of this shit, I just picture guys in the back like Patterson, Brisco, Slaughter, etc, saying "Well back in my day, blah, blah, blah..."

Old 01-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #2039
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

I'm pumped for tonight. I'm thinking somehow Punk is walking out champion and sadfully Cena is walking out the Rumble winner.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #2040
Se7en
Send... More... Paramedics

Se7en is Going Bobby Boucher

Quote:
It's my biggest pet peeve about the industry. That somehow, a mid-card guy showing off his true potential, is damaging to the main event roster. It's such bullshit, old-school nonsense.

How dare up and coming wrestlers try to get over. I'd really like to know the logic behind it, and some examples of when it actually hurt anyone in the business. Whenever I hear of this shit, I just picture guys in the back like Patterson, Brisco, Slaughter, etc, saying "Well back in my day, blah, blah, blah..."
I imagine they gave him hell not because of him showing up the roster, but because it looked like he almost fuckin' died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaglewiz View Post
I'm pumped for tonight. I'm thinking somehow Punk is walking out champion and sadfully Cena is walking out the Rumble winner.
Anyone but Cena, Ryback & Sheamus and I'll be fine.

And I'm 100% sure Punk is going to retain. There's no way the WWE will put the title on him and not show up for house shows for two months. Not that Punk is this huge, amazing draw but I imagine people still pay to see the champion.

I see Brock interfering to help Punk.