The Evil Dead (2013) Remake - Page 97 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #961
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy is still living in the 80's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
EVIL DEAD RATED NC-17. CUT FOR R RATING

Not really a big deal. An NC-17 would kill it at the box office. It just means that we'll get a juicy unrated version on blu and DVD.
Basically what i just posted. I don't think it'll matter much, i mean how much could they have possibly cut from the movie?

It'll still be an enjoyable movie going experience, with an even better Blu-Ray/DVD release.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #962
craftychicka
Fresh Kill

craftychicka is fucking awesome

Send a message via Skype™ to craftychicka

Exactly what I expected, they were looking for the hardest R they could get. Still super into this movie coming out!
craftychicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #963
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftychicka View Post
Exactly what I expected, they were looking for the hardest R they could get. Still super into this movie coming out!
Right! The way i see it, this movie is going to be as extreme as you're possibly going to see in a theater in this day and age. They went for balls to the wall, and that's what they got. Only thing is that the blu-ray and dvd will be even more brutal and extreme.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #964
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

Quote:

Not really a big deal. An NC-17 would kill it at the box office. It just means that we'll get a juicy unrated version on blu and DVD.
Good news!!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #965
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:

I swear, I will never understand the logic of the NC17 rating being such a big deal. Isn't that what Rated R is supposed to mean? If you're bringing your kids to this shit, you are a horrible, horrible parent. Almost execution worthy.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #966
Shoggoth
The Living Dead

Shoggoth is in a land of confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I swear, I will never understand the logic of the NC17 rating being such a big deal. Isn't that what Rated R is supposed to mean? If you're bringing your kids to this shit, you are a horrible, horrible parent. Almost execution worthy.
I think that is a little harsh. I literally just got done watching New Nightmare with my 5 year old nephew and then we started on the original Evil Dead. I know I was watching this stuff growing up so I don't see why he shouldn't. He is one of the smartest kids I know and has a pretty damn good grasp of what is real and fake.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #967
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
I think that is a little harsh. I literally just got done watching New Nightmare with my 5 year old nephew and then we started on the original Evil Dead. I know I was watching this stuff growing up so I don't see why he shouldn't. He is one of the smartest kids I know and has a pretty damn good grasp of what is real and fake.
Haha, you're an awesome uncle Shoggy!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #968
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Exactly.

I don't understand the NC-17 rating.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #969
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
Ah', you're the cool, irresponsible Uncle who the parents complain about in private right? No offence, so am I.

I fuck up with videogames though. Without even thinking, I played Gears Of War 2 with my 7 year old nephew when he came over for a visit. Oh', did I ever get shit from my sister for that one. I may as well had given the kid a bowl full of coke, he was so amped afterwords. He didn't sleep for like 36 hours, and was pretending to cut his little sister in half for weeks. At that point, I kinda got the message. I used to think "what's the harm?", but I also didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

It varies from kid to kid obviously, as far as what they can handle, but I still think it's pretty damn irresponsible to bring a child into an R-rated, extreme horror flick like this. NC-17 should not be a death sentance for a movie, just because the industry wants your kid's admission fee. It's ridiculous.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:54 AM   #970
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
http://collider.com/evil-dead-remake-nc-17-rating/

ITS OFFICIAL, EVIL DEAD GETS AN NC 17 RATING, AFTER FEW CUTS, GETS A STRONG R RATING.
On first submission. I doubt they will release it as NC-17.
Like you said, the Blu-ray/DVD will have the "final" cut.

Quote:
Exactly.

I don't understand the NC-17 rating.
NC-17 is the pathetic excuse of the MPAA to unleash a movie onto the masses, which aren't in their eyes legally sane enough to deal with gruesome or controversial imagery within R rated territory. Too bad that the side effects are more crucial than the possible moral ones: commercial death at the box office.
Talking about the widely known double standard dilema of the MPAA. Sexual interactions mixed together with violence. So pathetic.
It really upsets me everytime, how a bunch of moral wannabe's are judging adults, for what's right or wrong for them in order to keep the morals of society intact. Paternalism springs into my mind, it's no other thing than that.
I have the god given right to watch a movie, like it was originally intended by the director. Just place an R or a 18 stamp on it - done.
Thankfully there's a medium with Blu-ray and DVD, which allow an undistorted look at the original product.

Rant over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote