MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Don't Be A Nerd

Don't Be A Nerd Computers, Video Games, Technology... that sort of stuff

Old 02-22-2013, 05:19 AM   #13061
yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

yoxodo is not going to wash his hands because hes EVIL

Finished Aliens: Colonial Marines. Not a bad game, but l was hoping for more. There are a few surprises, some things that are left open for a sequel (which l would like to see considering how this one ends), and theres even a nod to Prometheus that you might miss if you blink. l like how you can find Legendary weapons- like Hick's shotgun and Gorman's pistol- essentially in the same spots they were dropped in the movie. One big downside is the AI. Your fellow marines are the dumbest bags of shit this side of Zeta Reticulii, and they will get you killed, and also stand and watch worthlessly as you get killed. So overall, not as bad as the reviews, but not all that good either. Probably the best Aliens games will ever get.
yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #13062
SlayerX
OG Salmon

SlayerX is feeding you bacon strips for your hater lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
Its okay, Ox. You are allowed to like bad games.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #13063
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxodo View Post
Finished Aliens: Colonial Marines. Not a bad game, but l was hoping for more. There are a few surprises, some things that are left open for a sequel (which l would like to see considering how this one ends), and theres even a nod to Prometheus that you might miss if you blink. l like how you can find Legendary weapons- like Hick's shotgun and Gorman's pistol- essentially in the same spots they were dropped in the movie. One big downside is the AI. Your fellow marines are the dumbest bags of shit this side of Zeta Reticulii, and they will get you killed, and also stand and watch worthlessly as you get killed. So overall, not as bad as the reviews, but not all that good either. Probably the best Aliens games will ever get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX View Post
Its okay, Ox. You are allowed to like bad games.

I don't love it, but it is batshit fun. I can't believe the amount of hate it's getting. It seems people just expect every game to be BioShock revolutionary these days.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #13064
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Just thought I would post here saying that Roddy Piper tweeted that he's played a demo of a "They Live" game. I'm not great on my games so don't know if this is old news. Love the film though so hope the game is good!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #13065
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

World at War - Zombies
Old 02-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #13066
Timvp
Rotting Corpse

Timvp is one proud Spurs fan!! 5x Champions!!

Trying to finish up Bully but holy hell getting 100% completion is a chore, did everything required and still don't have it. Trying to do errands but its taking forever as they rarely work right. Bit of a buggy port..
Old 02-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #13067
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is doing people, and seeing things

I never thought I would go back to the darkside after MW1, but real life friends constantly playing only this has pretty much forced me into buying Black Ops 2. On my 3rd prestige and it's pretty addicting, just like before.

As easy as it is to hate on these games (there's a lot of reasons), its still fun (twitch shooting to the max, who has the fastest reflexes, etc.), and on ps3, the community is friendly enough. But I'll tell you one thing. I won't be buying any season passes, or map packs, or any of that garbage, unless it's free. I believe I can share them with a friend on ps3 anyways, so I'll prob just do that.

Also got Tony Hawk HD finally, and its still as fun as I remembered, Updated graphics didn't impress me too much, but it's still better than playing the older versions. They could have added more maps, but there's anought, and the skater selection is satisfactory, and gender friendly. The soundtrack is still amazing as well, combining old, and new songs. Really I could sit down and listen to that soundtrack at a party or somethin, and have a good time.
BeRightBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #13068
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRightBack View Post

Also got Tony Hawk HD finally, and its still as fun as I remembered, Updated graphics didn't impress me too much, but it's still better than playing the older versions. They could have added more maps, but there's anought, and the skater selection is satisfactory, and gender friendly. The soundtrack is still amazing as well, combining old, and new songs. Really I could sit down and listen to that soundtrack at a party or somethin, and have a good time.
Is that the old Tony Hawk Pro Skater?
Old 02-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #13069
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is doing people, and seeing things

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodydollface View Post
Is that the old Tony Hawk Pro Skater?
It's an HD remake of Tony Hawk pro Skater 1-3. 7 oldschool maps, like 10 or so skaters, a beast soundtrack, and updated graphics. Costs $14.99
BeRightBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #13070
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRightBack View Post
It's an HD remake of Tony Hawk pro Skater 1-3. 7 oldschool maps, like 10 or so skaters, a beast soundtrack, and updated graphics. Costs $14.99
Nice! I'll have to pick that up then. Loved those games, and I agree with the soundtrack as well.