Platinum Dunes taking over Halloween! - Page 9 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors

Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors Got a scoop? Heard a rumor? All your horror news and rumors go here.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #81
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post
i didn't care much for tyler mane in the first remake, but i thought his brutish savagery was perfect for the second part, adding to that his frankenstein monsterish size.

i would like to see an unpretentious, simple story for our next halloween. some likeable characters, some decent tension, some nice brooding darkness. nothing crazy or over the top, just a nice, low-budget slasher with good dialogue and people who you care a little about before they die.
I agree, I think they need to do away with any of the over the top deaths that were in the original sequels, because they just end up looking stupid. And I completely agree about the characters...it's hard to build suspense or anything else substantial if you don't care about anybody in the movie.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #82
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

and everything has become so self-important these days. don't get me wrong, i have nothing against remakes, and i really loved halloween 2. but let's not over think it. it's a slasher movie. i don't need to be transported to other worlds or anything; i just want 85 minutes of decent tension, some interesting characters whose struggle i give a little shit about, and a masked killer that's nigh indestructible. no devil cults or internet meta-gaming bullshit, or deepened backstories or revelations of long lost relations. a nice, straight slasher with a guy who looks like a tall, pale bill shatner. i'm easy to please.

nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #83
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
and everything has become so self-important these days. don't get me wrong, i have nothing against remakes, and i really loved halloween 2. but let's not over think it. it's a slasher movie. i don't need to be transported to other worlds or anything; i just want 85 minutes of decent tension, some interesting characters whose struggle i give a little shit about, and a masked killer that's nigh indestructible. no devil cults or internet meta-gaming bullshit, or deepened backstories or revelations of long lost relations. a nice, straight slasher with a guy who looks like a tall, pale bill shatner. i'm easy to please.
I couldn't agree more, people try to add all of these ridiculous, unnecessary themes to horror movies now & forget about the fact that it's supposed to be scary. I get very disappointed every time I look at classic movies & then look at a lot of the movies coming out now. They were simple, kept the characters interesting, & kept your attention for the entire length of the movie.

Let's finally return to the Shape, he's been missing ever since 1978. I want a director who can create tension the way Carpenter did but using his own style. I want to get that "it can happen anywhere" tone that the original nailed so perfectly.

The film itself doesn't have to be a rehash of the original, just take the themes & elements that were created in the initial outing & present them in a new way to a new audience.

I'm no genius or anything but I kind of figured major studios would've discovered that using the same cliched storylines, characters, etc. isn't going to sell anymore. TCM 3D proved that.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #84
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
The film itself doesn't have to be a rehash of the original, just take the themes & elements that were created in the initial outing & present them in a new way to a new audience.
fuck yeah. i couldn't agree more. i get so tired of everyone's need to reboot all continuity, all formative moments, everything that begins. back in the old days, when a part 4 or 7 came out, it was just that, the fourth or seventh chapter of the story, not a constant retooling, rebooting, remaking, whatever. the "mythology" of halloween does not require reiteration every time. just make a fucking movie about michael myers killing people, with a plucky heroine who outlasts him. fuck. is that so hard.

for the record, this is bugging the shit out of me in the comics world, what with "the new 52" and "marvel now." for chrissakes, we can handle unspoken continuity, hollywood and comic fucks.

nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #85
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
fuck yeah. i couldn't agree more. i get so tired of everyone's need to reboot all continuity, all formative moments, everything that begins. back in the old days, when a part 4 or 7 came out, it was just that, the fourth or seventh chapter of the story, not a constant retooling, rebooting, remaking, whatever. the "mythology" of halloween does not require reiteration every time. just make a fucking movie about michael myers killing people, with a plucky heroine who outlasts him. fuck. is that so hard.

for the record, this is bugging the shit out of me in the comics world, what with "the new 52" and "marvel now." for chrissakes, we can handle unspoken continuity, hollywood and comic fucks.
Agreed, I think that it's just better to show that it's a separate continuity than saying it a million times. Just do that shit.

I'd like to see a planned trilogy, kind of like The Dark Knight movies. Don't give endings that you have to retcon (i.e H20) & don't do a half-assed ending either. We know there will be a sequel, so set it up that way instead of creating a "definite" ending that ultimately leads to some shitty explanation in the next film.