The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series) - Page 294 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #2931
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!

Mr. Bill is going to show that bitch a scary movie... bitches love scary movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfblood View Post

One of the things which irritated me the most was...
Spoiler Below
Allen, who instantly became the slowest being alive the moment he drew his weapon at the Governor. Seriously, the Governor could have had a smoke and a light snack before shooting Allen, and Allen still wouldn't have pulled the freakin' trigger. It was a real idiotic moment just to keep the Governor for next season.
Spoiler Below
I don't think it was a matter of being slow, Allen was an indecisive coward, he pointed his gun at the Gov out of the shock of what he'd just seen but never had any intention of pulling the trigger because he's a coward, I believe the Governor seen that and didn't feel a need to quick draw on him.

I kind of like that they
Spoiler Below
didn't kill the Gov and now that he's finally become that maniacal psychopath that he is in the books the writers can sit on his character for awhile and have him pop back up when we all least expect it, all batshit crazy and ready for a real fight... also Carl needs a beating, that little brat needs to be brought down a peg. I was crossing my fingers that Morgan would pop up at some point but oh well, he's not dead yet and there's always next season

I enjoyed this season and although the finale was a bit anti-climactic I was still entertained but of course if I wasn't I wouldn't watch the show unlike some of you who constantly whine about most everything on the show yet keep watching only to complain some more. Some of you people are like online versions of The Comic Book Guy, "Worst Show Ever!" "Worst Episode Ever!" "Worst Character Ever!" yet never consider turning the channel because it seems you just want something to complain about online.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horro..._type=bookmark

My film collection...

http://billsmovies.filmaf.com/owned 4904 films and counting
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #2932
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse

Yggdrasil is mental decay.

A step down from the previous episodes, and a pretty "meh" finale.

I did however like that
Spoiler Below
the governor finally snapped completely.

Last edited by Yggdrasil; 04-01-2013 at 04:57 AM.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #2933
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Yeah, that was extremely lackluster. I was expecting
Spoiler Below
the Governor to come screaming back into the prison, but no, it just ended.

I didn't mind the
Spoiler Below
Andrea and Milton scenes but the cutaways to his and her deaths was also weak.

Not the worst finale but close.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:35 AM   #2934
kevinb
Fresh Kill

kevinb has no status.

Horrible finale and as mentioned already anti-climatic.
Spoiler Below
I feel like a complete idiot thinking they would have killed off more than 1 major character.
kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #2935
SlayerX
OG Salmon

SlayerX is feeding you bacon strips for your hater lips

Agreed with everyone. Very lackluster especially after the previous episode. Three things really irked me...

1. No major deaths. I wanted to see someone go out in a blaze of glory, making a last stand to defend another

2. Carl. Whats with the little psycho mentality? Im gonna start calling him mini-Shane

3. Governor fully snaps and is on the run. I want this motherfucker DEAD.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #2936
Jack the Pin
Send... More... Paramedics

Jack the Pin is trying to tie a bell around the tail of his Cartesian demon

I'm not completely disgusted with the finale, but what bothers me is how AMC manipulates their episode previews to make one think that events are going to happen that really never materialize. They're at fault for building up the final confrontation to the point where any deviation from what they suggested would be a letdown. I'm glad they killed off Andrea. As was said above, one of the comic's best characters somehow became just plain annoying. I fault the actress, Lori Holden, who was in over her head from the beginning.

It appears that the series has almost completely diverged from the comic at this point, and once again it's the producers' job to introduce yet another new group of characters while still making the story interesting and action-packed. I'm really glad they didn't follow the comic to end season three because many of the characters that anchor the show would have been killed off. One of the many problems with the lukewarm ending for me is that it makes so many of the sacrifices and deaths in the episodes preceding it somehow pointless.

Anyway, It will be interesting to see how interest in season four will be promoted because of the non-cliffhanger ending to season three.
Jack the Pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #2937
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

I should catch up with this show...

I've been reading the comics for ages and I hated the first season.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #2938
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack the Pin View Post
I'm not completely disgusted with the finale, but what bothers me is how AMC manipulates their episode previews to make one think that events are going to happen that really never materialize. They're at fault for building up the final confrontation to the point where any deviation from what they suggested would be a letdown. I'm glad they killed off Andrea. As was said above, one of the comic's best characters somehow became just plain annoying. I fault the actress, Lori Holden, who was in over her head from the beginning.
I can't really blame Holden. She's a decent actress. She's just been given shit material to work with. Andrea being a bumbling, emotionally confused retard, is all in the writing.

I actually think most of the actors(minus Carl), are all pretty capable. I think the problem lies in the directing, and writing. For instance, I don't think Andrew Lincoln is a bad actor, he just needs a director to weed out his faults. Someone to say "Ok, emotionally you're at a 10 right now, and we need you to bring it down to an 8". It seems to me, that the actors are given free reign to do whatever they want, with nobody coaching them along the way.

The quality of the acting has dropped considerably, ever since Darabont got canned. In the first season, everyone was on point. Since then, the acting has been very hit or miss, as has everything else.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #2939
Jack the Pin
Send... More... Paramedics

Jack the Pin is trying to tie a bell around the tail of his Cartesian demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
I should catch up with this show...

I've been reading the comics for ages and I hated the first season.
The TV series will never come up to the level of the comic. the comic is bleak, bleak, bleak. TV land audiences would lose their minds if they were confronted with the insanity of Kirkman's book.
Jack the Pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #2940
SlayerX
OG Salmon

SlayerX is feeding you bacon strips for your hater lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
...ever since Darabont got canned.
A decision I still dont fully understand. I love the show but honestly dont think it would have become as popular if it werent for his input in the beginning.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the walking dead