Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2 - Page 219 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #2181
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Yeah, I believe he's booked up until next year's WM. He signed an extension a while back. That's the only reason I see him possibly going over HHH. I think the plan is for Rock/Brock at WM 30.
I've heard the Brock Vs Rock rumor and I don't care for that idea, already happened at summerslam and its less relevant now.

I've heard Brock Vs Taker mentioned and I know they've had lots of fights but at least it ties in with Heyman and they had that face off at a UFC event. Still not hot on that idea either, at least not for mania.

I'd love Austin vs Punk at Mania XXX. And if Triple H beats Brock making it a win a piece I'd like the final to be at extreme rules in a octagon. This is just fantasy though.

Another random thought. If Cena happened to turn heel at Mania you reckon that would spell the end for the PG era? The Bearer stuff among other things have been pushing the boundaries of PG.

1. Candyman 1992
2. Don't Go in the House 1979
3. The Hills have Eyes 1977
4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 1986
5. The Beyond 1981
6. Frankenstein 1931
7. Darkplace "Once upon a Beginning"
8. Long Weekend 1978
9. In Fear 2013
10. Nightmare 1981
Midnight-Kroovy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #2182
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
I should've been more clear; I meant WCW where we saw Russo with no shackles on his crackpot random bullshit style of booking. Also I don't buy for a second Austin or Rock's ascensions had a thing to do with Russo's input at the time. All those guys were open mic unlike today's largely scripted promo bullshit the shitcom writers saddle guys with. Hell, Austin shot to superstardom during a feud where he lost the only two high-profile matches of the feud to sHitman Hart. Russo's edgy direction and all those characters and performers certainly complimented one another but he'll go down as little more than a lucky hack cocksucker.
Oh' yeah, his WCW days were a travesty. He actually managed to make WCW worse than it already was. That takes some serious, shit-tacular skills.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #2183
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
Another random thought. If Cena happened to turn heel at Mania you reckon that would spell the end for the PG era? The Bearer stuff among other things have been pushing the boundaries of PG.
Nah. The PG era isn't going away, as long as they have a contract with Mattel, to sell their toys. Mattel is pretty much the sole reason for the change in content.

"You want us to sell your shit? Guess what, you're a children's program now"

They can get away with the odd, somewhat edgy storyline here and there, but that's about it. If Cena turns heel, it probably won't be as good as any of us are imagining. He won't be going back to rapping about other wrestlers metaphorically sucking cock, that's for sure.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #2184
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Nah. The PG era isn't going away, as long as they have a contract with Mattel, to sell their toys. Mattel is pretty much the sole reason for the change in content.

"You want us to sell your shit? Guess what, you're a children's program now"

They can get away with the odd, somewhat edgy storyline here and there, but that's about it. If Cena turns heel, it probably won't be as good as any of us are imagining. He won't be going back to rapping about other wrestlers metaphorically sucking cock, that's for sure.
Yeah, it seems unlikely. PG won't last forever though, just like it didn't in the mid 90s. With so many people criticizing the build up of wrestlemania, I kinda hope for a low buy rate. If/When money starts to dry and ratings take a dip there will be a change. Having said that I'm not hung up on a return to the attitude era, it had some awful angles (Katie Vick, mae youngs hands etc.) I just simply want a change.

Can also argue that the new established fanbase of kids will grow up and WWE will need to cater the product to teenagers.

1. Candyman 1992
5. The Beyond 1981
6. Frankenstein 1931
8. Long Weekend 1978
9. In Fear 2013
10. Nightmare 1981
Old 04-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #2185
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
Yeah, it seems unlikely. PG won't last forever though, just like it didn't in the mid 90s. With so many people criticizing the build up of wrestlemania, I kinda hope for a low buy rate. If/When money starts to dry and ratings take a dip there will be a change.
I don't know. I think it's a different business today, and ratings don't mean as much as they used to. TV isn't the only source of ad revenue anymore. Like everything else these days, it's all about social media. Ratings have been shit for quite a while now, but the WWE gets it's brand out there through other means, like twitter and facebook. There are more people on mobile devices at any given time, than there are watching TV.

Quote:
Having said that I'm not hung up on a return to the attitude era, it had some awful angles (Katie Vick, mae youngs hands etc.) I just simply want a change.
I don't think it matters all that much, what the boundaries are, if the booking remains as terrible as it is.

Quote:
Can also argue that the new established fanbase of kids will grow up and WWE will need to cater the product to teenagers.
Nah, they'll just turn into jaded fans like we are. One thing the world isn't running low on, are babies. There will always be a new audience of children, waiting in the wings.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #2186
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

Predictions for tonight:

Cena beats The Rock (will we get a clean finish or will Cena see an opportunity to cheat and win? .. Time will tell)

HHH beats Lesnar (No way HHH loses this one)

Taker beats Punk

The Shield will win their match because either Sheamus or Orton will turn heel.

Ziggler will more then likely cash in his MITB.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #2187
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post
Predictions for tonight:

Cena beats The Rock (will we get a clean finish or will Cena see an opportunity to cheat and win? .. Time will tell)

HHH beats Lesnar (No way HHH loses this one)

Taker beats Punk

The Shield will win their match because either Sheamus or Orton will turn heel.

Ziggler will more then likely cash in his MITB.
I'm so excited for mania tonight! I wasn't too bothered about Rock Vs Cena but I was forgetting the hostile crowd and a crowd can make a match. From Hall of Fame reports Cena got a massively hostile reception so I'm excited

A friend of mine has been telling me for ages that Ziggler will cash in tonight, I don't see it myself. He's lost 90% of his matches over the last few months, surely they would have given him build up if he were to cash in. I hope Monday's raw with a hot crowd will be the beginning of operation make Ziggler huge.

1. Candyman 1992
5. The Beyond 1981
6. Frankenstein 1931
8. Long Weekend 1978
9. In Fear 2013
10. Nightmare 1981
Old 04-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #2188
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Believe in The Shield!!!

Nice start. Way better than last year's 18 second title match.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #2189
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

PHAAAAN-DAAANG-GOOOOOO

You better be good, you prissy fuck.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #2190
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

Only surprise so far is Henry winning. Pretty decent/average Mania so far.