The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series) - Page 296 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 04-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #2951
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #2952
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by black coffee View Post
Fuck it, there's too much unwarranted bitching about this show.

Sure, first half of Season 2 sucked (second half was great) and Season 1 and 3 were both awesome.

The more I think about the finale, the more I'm liking the way they handled The Governor:
Spoiler Below
He's now one of the most compelling characters, and he sets up the next season well. If they killed him they would be completely starting from scratch and just trying to find another cartoon-y villain to 1-up the Governor.
This show does attract a lot of negativity.

Despite some dodgy moments and what I thought to be a weak finale I really enjoyed this season. It was a huge improvement over the second season.

Michone and The Governor are great characters who injected some much needed life into the show.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #2953
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

Season 3: Episode 16 - Goodbye Andrea!! I knew there was gonna be a shocking death for the finale, but didnt think it was gonna be her. Andrea pissed me of a few times this season, but I am sad to see her go. I am gonna miss watching Laurie Holden, as I am big fan of hers. I think I'd rather have Beth or Hershal or even the baby offed for a shocking death moment. Anyways, this season finale episode was poorly done. The editing was weak and too fast and was just too damn rushed. Not to mention some very lowkey death scenes and gore. Where was all the blood and gore? Chop this episode down as weakly edited, directed, and written. Also add, it was the worst season finale for the series so far.

7.5/10
Old 04-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #2954
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

I don't get the hate the whole show gets, especially the finale. Sure, it is not the best show around, acting or plot-wise spoken. But I still enjoyed many moments, though I facepalmed myself at least a dozen times.
Though, that little Carl brat is getting on my nerves. The talking with his daddy after his kill - boy, this little fucker talked down to Rick, not conversely! That dwarf needs prolly the blonde young pussy in the group in order to keep his mouth shut. He is so damn annoying.
Wasn't surprised that Andrea is now dead and gone, unfortunately in a pretty cheap manner. The off-screen action bugged me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX View Post
Three things really irked me...

1. No major deaths. I wanted to see someone go out in a blaze of glory, making a last stand to defend another

2. Carl. Whats with the little psycho mentality? Im gonna start calling him mini-Shane

3. Governor fully snaps and is on the run. I want this motherfucker DEAD.
All of this, especially point one. I expected a lot more carnage and major kills than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
The quality of the acting has dropped considerably, ever since Darabont got canned. In the first season, everyone was on point. Since then, the acting has been very hit or miss, as has everything else.
I noticed that too. The acting even felt sometimes so damn cheesy, that it was hard to sit through a specific scene.
On the other hand, the zombie kills in manner and amount were completey satisfying. Can't bitch here at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black coffee View Post
Fuck it, there's too much unwarranted bitching about this show.

Sure, first half of Season 2 sucked (second half was great) and Season 1 and 3 were both awesome.

The more I think about the finale, the more I'm liking the way they handled The Governor:
Spoiler Below
He's now one of the most compelling characters, and he sets up the next season well. If they killed him they would be completely starting from scratch and just trying to find another cartoon-y villain to 1-up the Governor.
True dat as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #2955
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
I don't get the hate the whole show gets, especially the finale. Sure, it is not the best show around, acting or plot-wise spoken.
And you don't understand the hate this show gets? Without acting or plot, you don't really have much of a show, now do ya?

My problem is that it should be sooooo much better than it is. Much like the past three seasons of Dexter. I'll still watch it. It's not putrid, like a CW show or anything, but it's not nearly as tight as it should be, or has been in the past.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #2956
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
And you don't understand the hate this show gets? Without acting or plot, you don't really have much of a show, now do ya?
I think the nay-sayers are bitching and complaining on a very high level. Not every series can hold up to the likes of Boardwalk Empire, Game Of Thrones or Breaking Bad. The Walking Dead did deliver the goods, zombie and horror fans were getting what they wanted: decent gore and zombie action in almost every last episode - though the plot and acting were sometimes too paper-thin. But after every season ending, I can live with that - though the satisfaction factor after watching a Breaking Bad episode is far more higher than the Walking Dead one.

Quote:
My problem is that it should be sooooo much better than it is.
I know and I basically think the same. But like I said, at the end of the day I am good with the series, though not completely overwhelmed or satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #2957
Hannibal Rex
Rotting Corpse

Hannibal Rex is powerpacked hard flexin'.

I never hate on this show. Even though it doesn't follow the books beat for beat (which is a common complaint), I still enjoy it a lot. That said, I was really disappointed with most of the second half of the third season. It seemed like it took several episodes for anything to really happen. The finale was especially disappointing. Such an anti-climactic ending left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope Season 4 makes up for the loss of momentum in the third season; otherwise, I can foresee myself losing interest.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #2958
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!

Mr. Bill is watching bad movies so you don't have to

My Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horro...?ref=bookmarks

My Movie Collection, 5286 films & counting...

http://billsmovies.filmaf.com/
Mr. Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #2959
The Devil's Lyric
Rotting Corpse

The Devil's Lyric is better than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
The Walking Dead did deliver the goods, zombie and horror fans were getting what they wanted: decent gore and zombie action in almost every last episode - though the plot and acting were sometimes too paper-thin.
You can only hold someone's attention for a short amount of time with gore and zombie carnage before it start's to get boring, and this show proves that. The whole point of The Walking Dead, from the conception, was to explore the human condition within the zombie apocalypse; complex or cool characters for you to get emotionally invested in. I can honestly say there's no character in the show I really care a whole lot about. Which is why when they get offed arbitrarily, it just feels devoid of emotion.

I don't think the series is totally worthless. What's frustrating is that there are glimpses of genius and great quality television, but it's shrowded in a sea of boring plot development and crappy acting. Like Heretic said, it could be a whole lot better than it is. Whoever takes over now that Mazzara is off the show, better be a damn good writer and bring an equally good writing team with him.

Last edited by The Devil's Lyric; 04-04-2013 at 05:22 PM.
The Devil's Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #2960
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!

Mr. Bill is watching bad movies so you don't have to

My Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horro...?ref=bookmarks

My Movie Collection, 5286 films & counting...

http://billsmovies.filmaf.com/
Mr. Bill is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
the walking dead