Ultimate A Nightmare On Elm Street Thread - Page 1195 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 12-07-2014, 12:11 AM   #11941
travisbickle
Send... More... Paramedics

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxley View Post
He won't wear the hat, interferes with the photo's too much. Plus, the make up needs to be seen. So awesome. Fuck the hat.
Sounds like an excuse to me.

If I was to pay nearly $400 for a photo op, that asshole damn well better be wearing all 3.

AND jack me off afterwards. Non glove hand, of course....

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:39 AM   #11942
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt

ObeySleepConform is sure. fine. whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
Sounds like an excuse to me.

If I was to pay nearly $400 for a photo op, that asshole damn well better be wearing all 3.

AND jack me off afterwards. Non glove hand, of course....
It wasn't an excuse. It made perfect sense. A hat would have not only covered up like 30 percent of the make up but it would have been extremely difficult to light in a way that didn't cast shadows/cover up his distinct features, etc. The sweater would have been nice, but the hat would have understandably caused problems. And if I pay 400 dollars for a photo with Robert Englund in the freddy make up then I damn sure want it to actually look good.

But hey if you want to argue with the professional photographers who decided that shit then you go right ahead. I'm sure you know better than they.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Nah I like blacks. They're good for labor.
ObeySleepConform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:07 AM   #11943
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
It wasn't an excuse. It made perfect sense. A hat would have not only covered up like 30 percent of the make up but it would have been extremely difficult to light in a way that didn't cast shadows/cover up his distinct features, etc. The sweater would have been nice, but the hat would have understandably caused problems. And if I pay 400 dollars for a photo with Robert Englund in the freddy make up then I damn sure want it to actually look good.

But hey if you want to argue with the professional photographers who decided that shit then you go right ahead. I'm sure you know better than they.

This.

Also, he said the hat would cover his face, and you wouldn't be totally ble to see it was him. He said anyone can get make-up done, and sap on a hat and do the photo's. But they wanted his features to be totally visible.

And really, the hat would of hid some of that amazing make-up.. Seeing it was incredible. I'm glad he didn't have it.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:44 AM   #11944
travisbickle

Publicity/promo photos with hat on....

Shit, is that Rob under that hat? I can't tell....damn shadows. So you'd be missing a few scabs on the top of his head, big fucking deal. I'd still take the hat versus him not wearing it. But that's just me.... You guys already forked over the big bucks (especially Oxley) so of course you're going to defend his decision not to wear it.

In reality he probably choose not to because it was August and too damn hot to be wearing a fedora and a stuffy ass sweater all weekend.

(awaits Obey's mile long fuck you response....)

My DVD's/Blu's
Old 12-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #11945
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt

ObeySleepConform is sure. fine. whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
(awaits Obey's mile long fuck you response....)
You got it champ:

Again, you miss the point. With photosets like those the photographers take literally dozens and dozens of shots. And THEN they pick the best of the bunch from all of them to display to the public. I've done my fair share of photography sets. They don't always look good, and that's why photographers take so many.

But at a thing like this it's literally ONE shot, then they move on to the next person. You only get one chance, and with the hat that complicates things. Nobody gets a full set of photos with dozens of still to choose from. This thing was over so quickly and they were moving people through at such a fast rate that they HAD to make sure it looked good on the first take. Rob touched on this. He said it's even difficult to light the hat on the film sets. So if someone were to get unlucky and have a photo taken of them were, say, the brim of his hat cast a shadow on him or covered his eyes, then oh well too bad, that's your photo and that was your one chance. And then of course there's the fact that there are tons of variables. In a set were Rob is the only subject, it's easy. You know how to light him, how to expose, what level of zoom to set it at, and so on. With these fan photos you had some people that were big, some small (meaning you'd have to adjust zoom accordingly), some that were whole families (one guy we met there took a photo with his wife and kid, meaning a long shot to include all of them), and some people that had there own props included in the photos. All these elements can cause a myriad of problems, especially when you don't know who you're going to be taking pictures with. Bigger guys can cast shadows, Rob might have to lean in over the smaller guys...you get the idea. But the important thing to remember here was the key words: ONE SHOT. That was all anyone ever got. When you've paid a lot of good money to get the chance to take a photo with Robert Englund in make up, then it's best to eliminate any potential problems so that everyone stays satisfied.

And no, it wasn't because it was hot. The make-up itself is already blazing hot and itchy, and works as a sort of insulation, so he would have barely even registered the hat being on his head if he were to wear it.

Again, these were decisions made by the photographers, and unless you are one who knows what he's talking about then you have no real say on the matter.

And dude, I was defending the decision not to wear the hat way before I paid for my ticket, so that has nothing to do with it.

There, that's a half a mile long fuck you post. I made sure to shorten it just for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Nah I like blacks. They're good for labor.

Last edited by ObeySleepConform; 12-08-2014 at 06:18 PM.
ObeySleepConform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #11946
Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
You got it champ:

Again, you miss the point. With photosets like those the photographers take literally dozens and dozens of shots. And THEN they pick the best of the bunch from all of them to display to the public. I've done my fair share of photography sets. They don't always look good, and that's why photographers take so many.

But at a thing like this it's literally ONE shot, then they move on to the next person. You only get one chance, and with the hat that complicates things. Nobody gets a full set of photos with dozens of still to choose from. This thing was over so quickly and they were moving people through at such a fast rate that they HAD to make sure it looked good on the first take. Rob touched on this. He said it's even difficult to light the hat on the film sets. So if someone were to get unlucky and have a photo taken of them were, say, the brim of his hat cast a shadow on him or covered his eyes, then oh well too bad, that's your photo and that was your one chance. And then of course there's the fact that there are tons of variables. In a set were Rob is the only subject, it's easy. You know how to light him, how to expose, what level of zoom to set it at, and so on. With these fan photos you had some people that were big, some small (meaning you'd have to adjust zoom accordingly), some that were whole families (one guy we met there took a photo with his wife and kid, meaning a long shot to include all of them), and some people that had there own props included in the photos. All these elements can cause a myriad of problems, especially when you don't know who you're going to be taking pictures with. Bigger guys can cast shadows, Rob might have to lean in over the smaller guys...you get the idea. But the important thing to remember here was the key words: ONE SHOT. That was all anyone ever got. When you've paid a lot of good money to get the chance to take a photo with Robert Englund in make up, then it's best to eliminate any potential problems so that everyone stays satisfied.

And no, it wasn't because it was hot. The make-up itself is already blazing hot and itchy, and works as a sort of insulation, so he would have barely even registered the hat being on his head if he were to wear it.

Again, these were decisions made by the photographers, and unless you are one who knows what he's talking about then you have no real say on the matter.

And dude, I was defending the decision not to wear the hat way before I paid for my ticket, so that has nothing to do with it.

There, that's a half a mile long fuck you post. I made sure to shorten it just for you.
Agreed.

I don't understand why some people think a piece of felt that he isn't wearing is such a big fucking deal anyway. I was, admittedly, a bit bummed when I originally found out about it. And this was BEFORE I bought anything for the trip, was still deciding. But after I read both statements from Rob, and the Photographers, it all made perfect sense, and it's pretty much what Obey has just listed.

Take your own hat for him to wear if you want, he does that with props. Photo comes out like shit but, don't go crying.

Quote:
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
My little idiot..
Old 12-11-2014, 03:34 AM   #11947
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Fuck the hat.

Cunt didn't even wear the sweater. He should've left the glove at home as well.

And as for "the last time" bullshit, he's doing it again in London next year.

Money talks and fans got duped.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:03 AM   #11948
Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
Fuck the hat.

Cunt didn't even wear the sweater. He should've left the glove at home as well.

And as for "the last time" bullshit, he's doing it again in London next year.

Money talks and fans got duped.
Not at all. That was all Flashback.. Not Rob.

During his Q&A Sven said to him "How's it feel to be wearing it for the last time?"

And Rob said, "Look, I never said it will be the last. It's the first time I have for more than 10 years, the last time being for publicity for FvJ. So, I might not do it again. But I might, I've never said I won't."

That's paraphrasing but it's the gist of it. Englund never said it would be the last. I like how people who have no idea are bashing him about it. Were you there? Have you heard him say he wouldn't do it again? No, and no.

That was all Flashback, and of course they'll do it to sell tickets. Don't be shocked if this "One more time!" thing is done again too, I'll assume Robert will say the same if asked.

Quote:
Quote:
My little idiot..
Old 12-11-2014, 04:04 AM   #11949
travisbickle

Yeah, what was his excuse for the sweater again?

I'm gonna laugh when he wears everything for the euros.

My DVD's/Blu's