Zombie University? - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > What Movie Is This?

What Movie Is This? Looking for the name of a certain movie? Post in here and we'll try to help you figure it out.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #1
SinisterTwist
Not Dead Yet

SinisterTwist has no status.

Default Zombie University?

I need help finding the title of a horror film from the late 80s, early 90s. The basic premise is as follows:

It's set in a university where the students are brainwashed or zombified into becoming perfect students. The main focus follows this one girl who broke up with her boyfriend and is slowly starting to fall for a smooth professor. He's taken with her as well, which later prompts him to try to save her. Apparently the whole gist of it is that the school officials have been around for a really long time and go about trying to turn people into perfect Stepford-esque students. I remember that the professor ends up melting into a pile of nothing because he didn't want to do something to the heroine and thus kill her or her personality.

The movie basically ends with the girl and her ex-boyfriend stopping the whole campus from succeeding at whatever it is they're trying to do by playing rock music throughout the campus. Part of this was that the students only listened to classical music, which is how they knew that someone got taken over. The tape was supposed to be a funny part of the movie since the professor specifically gave the girl a tape to play, she lost it, and her ex wanted to play his rock music because "it's a good tape"- despite her saying they needed the professor's cassette tape. (Which would have likely ended up being rock music as well.)

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Anyone know the name of this movie? I thought it was "Zombie University" but apparently that's not it since I can't find it under that name. I know I won't enjoy it as much as I did when I was a kid, but I'd like to see it again for the cheese factor.
SinisterTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse

horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!

Send a message via MSN to horrorking95

I'm pretty sure you're describing:

Disturbing Behaviour

It's actually quite a fun little film.

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/
horrorking95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:43 AM   #3
SinisterTwist
Not Dead Yet

Nah, that's not it. This one was set around an all adult cast- definitely no teenagers involved in the film I'm thinking about. Plus it didn't have one of those "one remained and spreads the disease ending". The ending had the girl and her ex melting all of the zombified students by playing a rock music/heavy metal cassette tape over the college's loudspeaker system.

Plus I remember that I was only about 11-12 at the time I saw the college film, since I remember still being in middle school and getting worried that my grandparents would make me turn the film off. (They weren't too happy about some of the horror films I saw.)

I do like The Faculty, though. It's just not the same film.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:56 AM   #4
SinisterTwist
Not Dead Yet

If it helps any, I remember that it came on either HBO or Cinemax, as I believe that it slightly pre-dated the SciFi Channel's launch.

I remember drooling over an amazingly huge pin art/pinscreen contraption that the college professor had, as it was human sized. I think that was one of the few moments when my sisters showed any true interest in the film.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:38 AM   #5
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse

horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!

Send a message via MSN to horrorking95

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterTwist View Post
Nah, that's not it. This one was set around an all adult cast- definitely no teenagers involved in the film I'm thinking about. Plus it didn't have one of those "one remained and spreads the disease ending". The ending had the girl and her ex melting all of the zombified students by playing a rock music/heavy metal cassette tape over the college's loudspeaker system.

Plus I remember that I was only about 11-12 at the time I saw the college film, since I remember still being in middle school and getting worried that my grandparents would make me turn the film off. (They weren't too happy about some of the horror films I saw.)

I do like The Faculty, though. It's just not the same film.
It's not The Faculty, it's Disturbing Behaviour and I'm sure the they played loud music at the end to lure all the zombified students or something.

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/
horrorking95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #6
j.c
Fresh Kill

j.c has no status.

Send a message via AIM to j.c

Sounds a bit like 1987's Zombie High with Virginia Madsen.
j.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:14 AM   #7
SinisterTwist
Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.c View Post
Sounds a bit like 1987's Zombie High with Virginia Madsen.
(Googles for videos)

OMG. That's it! I could've sworn that it was in a university, but that's totally it! I found someone that uploaded the entire thing on YouTube and I can't wait to watch it again! Thank you so much!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #8
SinisterTwist
Not Dead Yet

Oh wow, no wonder I thought it was a university rather than a high school. Madsen is like 25 in this film and they've cast her as an 18 year old. I'm laughing at how she's getting stalked by a professor whose romantic overtures make Edward "Stalkerpants" Cullen look like a smooth operator in comparison.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:03 AM   #9
j.c
Fresh Kill

j.c has no status.

Send a message via AIM to j.c

LOL Youre welcome. Glad I could help.
j.c is offline   Reply With Quote