Spookies Remake - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 08-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
Sungmat2
Not Dead Yet

Sungmat2 is feeling great

Default Spookies Remake

I would love someone to remake Spookies. Some better special effects and would love to see a new set of actors in the movie. Oh of course the last scene where the bride gets her dress ripped off by zombies. A sexy new actress, a new sexier wedding gown and some sexy lingerie for the zombies to play with.
Sungmat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
Beyond
Rotting Corpse

Beyond is possessed by all the Devils in Hell

Ha, When I saw the thread title I was like
*What!? Who the bleep is going to remake that piece of bleep!?*

Sorry, I know it has plenty of fans.
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
babagloom
Fresh Kill

babagloom is FNAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
Ha, When I saw the thread title I was like
*What!? Who the bleep is going to remake that piece of bleep!?*

Sorry, I know it has plenty of fans.
Hahahaha! I was thinking the same thing!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
magnaderalpha
Fresh Kill

magnaderalpha has no status.

I actually think Spookies could benefit from a remake. It's one of the those movies that, in concept, had potential, but the actual movie sucked ass, so it was, in all, just wasted potential. Especially considering the original movie was two separate movies spliced together. The kid investigating the house with the creepy old man trying to resurrect his wife was a different movie from the one where the group of party-goers get trapped in the mansion and are picked off by the strange things that live inside it. A remake could ACTUALLY merge those two stories together(or just eliminate the kid, who really did nothing for the story). Just keep it simple:

A crazy old recluse who dabbles in unholy alchemy and the black arts lives in his mansion in the middle of nowhere, luring in passersby who get stranded on the nearby road. His hospitality seems warm, but he hides his dark intentions for them. for years, he's sought to bring his beloved wife back from her pre-mature death, but it takes 100 souls as payment to recall a single one from the afterlife, so all these years, he's been capturing those unfortunate enough to have walked into his web, and puts them through the dark labyrinth underneath his mansion, where his twisted creations of dark science and necromancy(failed attempts to resurrect the dead) roam. Waiting to quench their thirst of human blood and taste of human flesh. And with each death, their soul is added to the old man's crystal ball, until the 100th soul is claimed, and he can resurrect his beloved from the treshold of death.
magnaderalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
Sungmat2
Not Dead Yet

Sungmat2 is feeling great

Default Wow

That is some good Spookies knowledge, Im impressed
Sungmat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

I'll have to rewatch it, but I don't recall it being as bad as people say it is.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
VampressTristine
BANNED

VampressTristine has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnaderalpha View Post
I actually think Spookies could benefit from a remake. It's one of the those movies that, in concept, had potential, but the actual movie sucked ass, so it was, in all, just wasted potential. Especially considering the original movie was two separate movies spliced together. The kid investigating the house with the creepy old man trying to resurrect his wife was a different movie from the one where the group of party-goers get trapped in the mansion and are picked off by the strange things that live inside it.
I'll have to rewatch it, but wasn't the old man playing a game that decided the fate of each partygoer? There aren't enough multi-monster movies that involve a single house. That aspect was fairly well done.
VampressTristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #8
spook13
Fresh Kill

spook13 has no status.

Send a message via ICQ to spook13

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnaderalpha View Post
I actually think Spookies could benefit from a remake. It's one of the those movies that, in concept, had potential, but the actual movie sucked ass, so it was, in all, just wasted potential. Especially considering the original movie was two separate movies spliced together. The kid investigating the house with the creepy old man trying to resurrect his wife was a different movie from the one where the group of party-goers get trapped in the mansion and are picked off by the strange things that live inside it. A remake could ACTUALLY merge those two stories together(or just eliminate the kid, who really did nothing for the story). Just keep it simple:

A crazy old recluse who dabbles in unholy alchemy and the black arts lives in his mansion in the middle of nowhere, luring in passersby who get stranded on the nearby road. His hospitality seems warm, but he hides his dark intentions for them. for years, he's sought to bring his beloved wife back from her pre-mature death, but it takes 100 souls as payment to recall a single one from the afterlife, so all these years, he's been capturing those unfortunate enough to have walked into his web, and puts them through the dark labyrinth underneath his mansion, where his twisted creations of dark science and necromancy(failed attempts to resurrect the dead) roam. Waiting to quench their thirst of human blood and taste of human flesh. And with each death, their soul is added to the old man's crystal ball, until the 100th soul is claimed, and he can resurrect his beloved from the treshold of death.
I agree it could be a cool film if done right, All I remember is the farting zombie if they remake i they have to keep that.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #9
retinalworm
Fresh Kill

retinalworm is trouble in Bubbleland

If they're actually going to try and make a cohesive plot out of all the bizzare fragments that were thrown into the original, that 's a challenge. That bat-thing jumping the woman, her husband turning into a Lagoony, etc. I'll have to see it, I guess.