Ultimate Halloween Thread - Page 495 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

View Poll Results: Best Halloween movie?
Halloween 69,038 99.99%
Haloween 2 6 0.01%
Halloween 3 Season of the Witch 1 0.00%
Voters: 69045. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2014, 02:05 AM   #4941
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
The original was, as you probably know, a converted Star Trek Kirk Mask. The eye holes were widened, the hair and face spray painted, and the sideburns pulled out. Simply put it wasn't an easy thing to reproduce from scratch.

I found a pretty neat ad for the Trek mask line of which went on to become the Myers mask a year later

And what's funny is the part 4 mask actually was made using the exact same model of kirk mask that the original used. The difference was they neglected to remove the sideburns (which is why it's the only mask to date to look like Michael Myers joined a 70s british prog rock band) and they caked way too much white paint on that was much thicker than the thin layer of spray paint used in the original.

And if you mean 'why didn't they use the actual original mask', well after Halloween II that mask was already in rough shape, and over time it just rotted more and more until it was completely unusable.

The last time I saw it was in some pictures before it got auctioned off to a private collecter, and whoo boy....it looked like it was about to shatter into a million pieces. But it's nice to get a look at it after so many years.

...and then of course, the last known picture of the original mask. That's Dick Warlock on the right and I'm guessing the private collector who owns it to this day. He doesn't allow pics to be taken of it anymore.
Nice!

I get it now... With all the altercations made I guess it would have been pretty difficult to replicate. Still doesn't excuse how awful some of them are.

What I would do for that original mask...
Old 11-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #4942
SkullAndCrossbones
Not Dead Yet

SkullAndCrossbones has no status.

you almost have to view resurrection in a different way then the other halloweens. you can't take it too seriously. it's enjoyable if you're willing to laugh both with it and AT it. it's like the Jason X of the halloween series.
SkullAndCrossbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #4943
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt

ObeySleepConform is in a cardboard box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullAndCrossbones View Post
you almost have to view resurrection in a different way then the other halloweens. you can't take it too seriously. it's enjoyable if you're willing to laugh both with it and AT it. it's like the Jason X of the halloween series.
Thing is Jason X takes it's absurdity up to 11 and for that it's really enjoyable. Not to mention it's actually pretty creative in it's own right. Resurrection actually seems like it's trying to be somewhat serious. Except when it doesn't. And not to mention it's mostly just boring, bar a few ridiculous lines from the likes of Busta.

ObeySleepConform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #4944
SkullAndCrossbones
Not Dead Yet

i definitely agree that resurrection tries to be serious at times. but when it does and it's still absurd, those are the times where i laugh at it. but whether i'm laughing with it or at it i'm still enjoying myself. and yeah, jason x was ridiculous on a much larger scale. it's just that it was the easiest comparison i could make to another franchise entry. even though jason x's absurdness is on a larger scale, resurrection shows similar qualities is what i meant.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #4945
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt

Well looky looky what got dropped off at my door.

Well this looks familiar...
http://www.amazon.com/Halloween-Retu...ween+4+blu+ray

So basically they're giving us the previous Halloween 4 Blu Ray release...okay sure. I guess that works. Only now my disc doesn't match.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:47 PM   #4946
SkullAndCrossbones
Not Dead Yet

lol i didn't even notice that. at least the bonus features for 4 in the box set is on a separate disc
Old 11-13-2014, 01:41 AM   #4947
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt

I'm just glad it wasn't one of the actual exclusive discs such as H6 Producers Cut or H20 (or even the original for that matter since the one in this collection has an exclusive commentary). I think the H4 disc itself had nothing new on it and the newly filmed content regarding it was indeed on the bonus disc.

Either way, I now have both discs in my H4 case. I just put the new one in the disc nest and put the faulty version in the sleeve and slipped it into the little clips that are usually supposed to hold inserts. It works fine this way.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #4948
trachea
The Living Dead

trachea is making her own "HOMEMADE" hotdogs.

I was watching that video of the Michael Myers mask.. And that's pretty cool. It got me to thinking about how we are fascinated by killers. We are fascinated even by killers that aren't even real..
The video reminded me of "Ted Bundy's" Volkswagen bug and how it's displayed in a crime museum.. And how fascinating it would be to see it.
Not quite the same.. But kind of.. Ones real ones not.