Friday the 13th Part 2 (201?) - Page 221 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors

Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors Got a scoop? Heard a rumor? All your horror news and rumors go here.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #2201
damnenchiladas
Fresh Kill

damnenchiladas is making plutonium from common household items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
That's the thing. How hard can it be to have a team of writers come up with something workable?
It's easy to be cynical, but I'm sure with every production they have going on they haven't put much focus into locking down the final concept for this just yet.

Bruckner has only been on the project for what, a little over a month? He'll need time to wrap his head around what he wants to do and how he wants to execute it.

I was hoping to hear a little more concrete news by now but it's now obvious they aren't rushing anything.

2009's story was pretty shitty so it shouldn't be too hard to top that.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #2202
damnenchiladas
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Um, thanks?
No problem!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #2203
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

How fucking hard is it to make a Friday the 13th film ?

Bunch of teens go to camp, get buthchered by psycho in mask. There's your bloody story.

Hire a director who knows horror and can create a bit of suspense and there's your new Friday movie.

These PD clowns are useless.
Rusted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:07 PM   #2204
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt

ObeySleepConform is cyberpunkin this shit up

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnenchiladas View Post
No problem!
There's bewbs in the comic too.

ObeySleepConform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #2205
damnenchiladas
Fresh Kill

Quote:
There's bewbs in the comic too.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #2206
Alkaline
It... Won't... Die...

Alkaline has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnenchiladas View Post
It's easy to be cynical...

I'm sure Fuller and Form are smart and talented men in their own right* to be where they are, but they've done nothing but stand on the shoulders of others. It's incredibly hard not to imagine that it's not just the two of them, or the two of them with Bay, or some confluence of the three, waiting for somebody else to deliver to them what they consider their "vision."

Bernt to Kosar, Schow to Turner, Strick to Heisserer (?), Bayer's complaints... They have a history of dabbling and tweaking.

*or they already had money

edit: I liked The Signal, and am eager to see what Bruckner can do here, for the record.
Alkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:34 PM   #2207
damnenchiladas
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post

I'm sure Fuller and Form are smart and talented men in their own right* to be where they are, but they've done nothing but stand on the shoulders of others. It's incredibly hard not to imagine that it's not just the two of them, or the two of them with Bay, or some confluence of the three, waiting for somebody else to deliver to them what they consider their "vision."

Bernt to Kosar, Schow to Turner, Strick to Heisserer (?), Bayer's complaints... They have a history of dabbling and tweaking.

*or they already had money

edit: I liked The Signal, and am eager to see what Bruckner can do here, for the record.
I agree. Bruckner is the best shot this franchise has had in a long time and I hope he can find a way to exist peacefully within the PD atmosphere.

Granted, it is tough when producers involve themselves a little too much in the creative aspects of the film, but good directors know how to keep their cool and find ways plus the material when it isn't 'living up to expectations' of the people in charge of putting the film together.

And I'm sure Fuller and Forum did plenty to piss off past Directors but acting like a whiny bitch on set and complaining doesn't move the film forward in any way. And like I said, here's to hoping Bruckner can keep his head and stay focused on creating something interesting and fun.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:31 AM   #2208
damnenchiladas
Fresh Kill

Quote:
From Collider:
Collider: What is Platinum Dunes got going into production next, film wise?

ANDREW FORM: But, we have Friday the 13th for next year. Were developing the script.

Collider: What made you decide to return to Friday the 13th again, when the last one came out in 2009?

ANDREW FORM: We love Friday the 13th. We had the best time making that movie. An opportunity to bring Jason back again, for us, we jump at it. We just have to tell the right story. Its truly about, what is this version? Were working hard on that. We have a great director, David Bruckner (V/H/S, The Signal), and were trying to figure it out. We have to crack that.
I wonder if Bruckner is doing a re-write, or at least off site working with writers. PD probably has their hands full with TMNT press and promo so would make sense they'd check in after the premier. I wouldn't expect any real news before then.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:51 AM   #2209
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt

ObeySleepConform is cyberpunkin this shit up

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/776...#axzz39JDjfbjP

Quote:
The original quote was as follows... When asked if Derek Mears was going to be back for the next film, Fuller replied, "I don't know because I don't know if we're going to have Jason. I don't know which Jason we're going to have. I can tell you this: I love Derek Mears; I love working with him, and he's a dream so we'd be lucky to have him."

Recently MovieWeb caught up with Fuller, who clarified.

"It was a misquote. I had just said, 'I don't know who would play Jason Voorhees. Because I don't know what age he would be, or how we would use him. Are we clear about that? That was the original context of the question. 'Is Derek Mears going to be playing Jason?' I said, 'I don't know who the character is going to be, or at what point in his life we are going to be engaging in him with.' Somehow that became, 'He's not going to be in the movie.' But of course he's going to be in the movie!"

Read more: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/776...#ixzz39JFAJ9RK
Follow us: dreadcentral on Facebook

ObeySleepConform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #2210
damnenchiladas
Fresh Kill

Quote:
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/776...#axzz39JDjfbjP

Quote:
The original quote was as follows... When asked if Derek Mears was going to be back for the next film, Fuller replied, "I don't know because I don't know if we're going to have Jason. I don't know which Jason we're going to have. I can tell you this: I love Derek Mears; I love working with him, and he's a dream so we'd be lucky to have him."

Recently MovieWeb caught up with Fuller, who clarified.

"It was a misquote. I had just said, 'I don't know who would play Jason Voorhees. Because I don't know what age he would be, or how we would use him. Are we clear about that? That was the original context of the question. 'Is Derek Mears going to be playing Jason?' I said, 'I don't know who the character is going to be, or at what point in his life we are going to be engaging in him with.' Somehow that became, 'He's not going to be in the movie.' But of course he's going to be in the movie!"

Read more: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/776...#ixzz39JFAJ9RK
Follow us: dreadcentral on Facebook
That sounds like he's opening putting a direct remake to the original with Mrs. Voorhees on the table. That would be interesting.

The other option would be a teenage(ish) Jason that Mears would be too big too play. TCM is doing something similar.

I do find it hard to believe that they would be this deep in the process, with a green light and a release date, and not know what Jason they are using.

I'll just wait here then...

Tags
friday the 13th, jason voorhees, joe lynch, slasher