Rawhead Rex (1986) - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Golden Age

Golden Age Horror movies from the 1960's - 1980's.

Old 10-29-2006, 09:09 AM   #1
pilesar
Not Dead Yet

pilesar has no status.

Default Rawhead Rex (1986)

does anyone remember this one? it was supposedly written by clive barker but i don't know who directed it. i saw it once when i was a kid but i can't remember anything about it other than the scene where rex pulls a half-naked girl out of a trailer or something. the only reason i remember that is because i watched that scene over and over again to glimpse the t&a .

anyways, netflix doesn't have it and i was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is in fact worth looking for. i remember it being kind of silly but again i was a kid and only watched it once.

speaking of silly, i watched "dead and breakfast" the other night and HATED IT!!! christ, there were only a few moments where i may have chuckled but mostly i just didn't enjoy it at all. it seemed liked it was trying way too hard to be like "dead alive" or something. boo!
pilesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:15 AM   #2
brain dead
It... Won't... Die...

brain dead is dancing to the pipes of pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilesar View Post
does anyone remember this one? it was supposedly written by clive barker but i don't know who directed it. i saw it once when i was a kid but i can't remember anything about it other than the scene where rex pulls a half-naked girl out of a trailer or something. the only reason i remember that is because i watched that scene over and over again to glimpse the t&a .

anyways, netflix doesn't have it and i was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is in fact worth looking for. i remember it being kind of silly but again i was a kid and only watched it once.

speaking of silly, i watched "dead and breakfast" the other night and HATED IT!!! christ, there were only a few moments where i may have chuckled but mostly i just didn't enjoy it at all. it seemed liked it was trying way too hard to be like "dead alive" or something. boo!

Not worth watching at all. Barker was so unhappy with the way it was directed (and another he wrote called Transmutations, directed by the same guy as Rawhed) that he insisted on doing Hellraiser himself.
The short story, though, is great.

But hey, I loved Dead and Breakfast so you may not want to take my word for it.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
pilesar
Not Dead Yet

pilesar has no status.

that's cool. it was just a movie that left an impression on me as a kid (who knows why?) and i was curious to see what other people thought of it.

maybe i just wasn't in the right mindframe, but dead and breakfast seemed to lack a lot for me. there wasn't really a climax and i just didn't find it very funny. in contrast, i loved the evil dead series, dead alive and shaun of the dead. basically, i don't think dead and breakfast fully acheived what it set out to do. but, that's just my opinion .
Old 10-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #4
Chainsaw Suicide
Send... More... Paramedics

Chainsaw Suicide has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Chainsaw Suicide

well, this movie is cool watching it as a kid. I big hairy barbarian monster killing people. But reading the story and watching the movie, is horrible in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_01976 View Post
I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.
Chainsaw Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:49 PM   #5
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

You can get it on Ebay but its pretty pricey.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:11 PM   #6
ValkyrieSpector
Fresh Kill

ValkyrieSpector is tired of shitty horror movies

Send a message via AIM to ValkyrieSpector Send a message via MSN to ValkyrieSpector

I have the DVD version in my collection after searching around. I personally like it and think it's well worth watching.
ValkyrieSpector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:46 PM   #7
VoodooKitchen
Rotting Corpse

VoodooKitchen has no status.

I got a kick out of it but it doesnt compare to the story. This movie begs for a remake. Awesome story, make it true to Barker and put a budget on it and this could kick ass.
VoodooKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:50 PM   #8
Nightcrawler
Not Dead Yet

Nightcrawler has no status.

In 90% of the cases, the written is much better than the film part. I enjoyed the Rawhead Rex story. I will not see the movie and have it tainted by some ass clown who attempted it.
Nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:57 PM   #9
pilesar
Not Dead Yet

pilesar has no status.

hmmm... this makes me curious about the story. does it go by the same name or does it have a different title?

also, does anyone have any info on "the beings?" i've been to the website but i can't find any information on a release date... it looks kind of interesting in a "fire in the sky" type of way...
Old 10-29-2006, 10:05 PM   #10
Sam Fisher
Rotting Corpse

Sam Fisher has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilesar View Post
Well I still have my old VHS dub of Rawhead Rex, and as far as rewinding to see T&A I did enough of it myself with the on the same tape after RR, "Monster In The Closet". There's a scene where Stella Stevens shakes those hot middle aged jugs of hers in the shower as she lathers her hair. So don't feel bad.

I thought Rawhead was OK. And I agree that if it had a budget it would be more formidable. The monster himself looked really cool and the scene where he kills the priest was impressive. I always wondered if anyone would remember this movie and it's good to see it's been on the minds of some of you.