Some of my poster collection - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Collectibles, figures, and memorabilia.

Collectibles, figures, and memorabilia. posters, figures, whatever.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
BannedIn46Countries
Not Dead Yet

BannedIn46Countries has no status.

Default Some of my poster collection

Dr. Roxo recently asked me if I could share some pics of my VHS collection. I had to decline since they're all in storage along with most of my dvd collection on the other side of the country. However I did get to bring some of my folded poster collection, some of the folded collection is still in storage along with my rolled poster collection. Well here's some pics some of you might enjoy:

**sorry for the upside down pics**

BannedIn46Countries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
BannedIn46Countries
Not Dead Yet

More of my posters I found on my iPhone:

Old 05-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #3
Wonderlust
Fairies Wear Boots

Wonderlust is crying for the death of her heart..

These are great!

I really never saw anything like the Maniac still shots..fuck I like those.

I would frame them and put them around my place. ; )
Old 05-28-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
BannedIn46Countries
Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
These are great!

I really never saw anything like the Maniac still shots..fuck I like those.

I would frame them and put them around my place. ; )
Thanks, the maniac lobby cards are Spanish. I'd love to get my hands on the US set. I have too many posters that I wouldnt even know where to start in regards to framing. Also since most are odd size I'd have to get them professionally framed which costs an arm and a leg. I had a couple posters framed and the framing cost more than the poster is worth hahaha.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
Doctor RoXo
Rotting Corpse

Doctor RoXo is NOT doing cocaine...

Location: Room 237 of the Bates Motel. Right next to Crystal Lake on Elm St. in sunny Haddonfield, Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by BannedIn46Countries View Post
Thanks, the maniac lobby cards are Spanish. I'd love to get my hands on the US set. I have too many posters that I wouldnt even know where to start in regards to framing. Also since most are odd size I'd have to get them professionally framed which costs an arm and a leg. I had a couple posters framed and the framing cost more than the poster is worth hahaha.

Wow man! Just...wow!

Where do you live dude? I am totally gonna burglarize your ass

Damn those are so awesome. That Street Trash one made my jaw drop. That is one of my all time favorite movies right there. I want that so bad. And that Shogun Assassin one is freaking cool too.

You know you don't have to have those "specially framed" at all. Sure if you want it to be an exact fit. But you can just as easily get frames that are just bigger and put some black or white paper (maybe construction paper) behind the poster. I've seen this done lots of time and I think it actually looks good that way.

You see how none of these poster quite fill up the entire frame?

Or you can use paper to "Frame" the picture, inside the frame, like this....

I think there are many creative ways to solve your little problems and all are better than just letting those beautiful works of art go to waste, all folded up, or rolled up in storage. Or wherever else you're keeping them.

One other solution is to build you own frames. Are you handy at all? Have you ever worked with wood? It could be a fun hobby to go with collecting posters.

p.s. I just have one question...will you put me in your will?

Join my Steam group Indie Bundle Tracker

Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 05-28-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Doctor RoXo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:40 PM   #6
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

you really are a doctor! great advice. i have many framables that don't get framed due to this same issue.

and great collection, beautiful stuff.

nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #7
Splatter House
Not Dead Yet

Splatter House is dismembering things

Nice collection, they sure don't make them like they used to... And with the decline of video stores I imagine they are even more scarce.
Well Id rather cut you than the wedding cake, And your bloody guts on my rented tux, And I do, I do, I do wanna kill you, Til death do us part, Ill tear us apart! And now I kiss your cold dead lips, And I dip my chips in the blood that drips, And I smear the cake right in your face, Let your God take you to a better place! Die! Die! Die my bride!
Splatter House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:39 PM   #8
BannedIn46Countries
Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor RoXo View Post

Wow man! Just...wow!

Where do you live dude? I am totally gonna burglarize your ass

Damn those are so awesome. That Street Trash one made my jaw drop. That is one of my all time favorite movies right there. I want that so bad. And that Shogun Assassin one is freaking cool too.

You know you don't have to have those "specially framed" at all. Sure if you want it to be an exact fit. But you can just as easily get frames that are just bigger and put some black or white paper (maybe construction paper) behind the poster. I've seen this done lots of time and I think it actually looks good that way.

You see how none of these poster quite fill up the entire frame?

Or you can use paper to "Frame" the picture, inside the frame, like this....

I think there are many creative ways to solve your little problems and all are better than just letting those beautiful works of art go to waste, all folded up, or rolled up in storage. Or wherever else you're keeping them.

One other solution is to build you own frames. Are you handy at all? Have you ever worked with wood? It could be a fun hobby to go with collecting posters.

p.s. I just have one question...will you put me in your will?

Hahaha! Thanks. Yeah I've framed some with inexpensive frames and it works out fine. But a lot of these are oversize. For instance the dead and buried, cannibal holocaust and faces of death 2 posters are 5-6 feet tall! A lot are odd size since they are from various countries. So there will be a bigger gap on the top compared to the bottom and vice versa. I should at least frame some of the smaller ones and the US 1 sheets.

I wish I could build frames( I'm sure I can do a decent job with some practice since I'm good with my hands) but I live in a apartment that's pretty full since I'm a hoarder of many things.

I'll post some more when I get some free time to dig around.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:41 PM   #9
BannedIn46Countries
Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post
you really are a doctor! great advice. i have many framables that don't get framed due to this same issue.

and great collection, beautiful stuff.
The new digitally enhanced photo posters don't even compare to hand painted/ drawn posters! It's sad that this art is dead.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #10
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

i agree. nothing beats an artistic interpretation of a movie in a single sheet. all these close-up faces/digital/bullshit posters that come out these days have no artistry, no interest.

nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote