Ultimate Guitar/Bass thread! - Page 107 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #1061
mardigian
BANNED

mardigian has no status.

I've heard a lot of good things about the ENGL Powerball and Fireball. They were in pretty high demand a few years back. I never had a chance to play one myself.
mardigian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #1062
monwobobbo
Fresh Kill

monwobobbo has no status.

just did a major upgrade to my equipment. now playing a 1988 Fender Stratocaster Plus Deluxe thru a Peavey Valveking. also just bought a Digitech Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive and a Deltalab Phase Shifter.
monwobobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #1063
mardigian
BANNED

mardigian has no status.

The Valveking is a solid amp, depending on your style. It can't really thrive in the metal genre, but it can get close with an EQ.

I picked up that Schecter guitar yesterday. The dude on eBay fucked around with me for over a month. I had a local guy order it in, it's quite nice.

The Peavey Vypyr is a fun amp. It isn't something I would recommend as a gig amp, but for my uses it's quite practical. Nice cleans, fairly good quality overdrives. I prefer the Rectifier channel, it has the most 'boom' to it.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #1064
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardigian View Post
The Valveking is a solid amp, depending on your style. It can't really thrive in the metal genre, but it can get close with an EQ.

I picked up that Schecter guitar yesterday. The dude on eBay fucked around with me for over a month. I had a local guy order it in, it's quite nice.

The Peavey Vypyr is a fun amp. It isn't something I would recommend as a gig amp, but for my uses it's quite practical. Nice cleans, fairly good quality overdrives. I prefer the Rectifier channel, it has the most 'boom' to it.
I really dig that amp as well. What setting do you use for your overdrive/distortion? Do you use one of the pre-sets or your own config? I use the C3 setting for it and it's not bad. Just seeing if you new of anything better off that amp.

Aside from that I just bought a usb guitar to computer cord. Any suggestions for software to use with it?
Old 05-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #1065
mardigian
BANNED

mardigian has no status.

I barely know how to use the amp. I have the sampera pedal and couldn't do a thing with it. Yes, I could read the instructions...but...well, I guess I'm a jackass.

I like the recto setting in red, with the treb and bass turned up, and I play with the mids, depending on what kind of tone I'm looking for at that point in time.

The amp really is diverse, I give it a lot of credit. It's probably too much for me. I've always been so 'meat and potatoes'.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #1066
legionsOFtheDEAD
I Eat Brains!

legionsOFtheDEAD is Arrogance Diminishes Wisdom

Send a message via MSN to legionsOFtheDEAD Send a message via Yahoo to legionsOFtheDEAD

Just picked up a boss Micro br off craigslist for 90 bucks. I am loving this small recording device thats about the size of a gameboy. you can upload songs to it and slow them down for practice. the built in effects are actually decent, and has a built in drum machine. its has four channels and for 90 bucks cant go wrong.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #1067
mardigian
BANNED

mardigian has no status.

Nice find! is it just a single track recording or can you do layering?

I think I finally broke my schecter, "peg leg", in last night. You know the feeling, where it just feels played, and responsive. The pinch harmonics were just screaming for me. Maybe it was me? I was loving it. If I wasn't so damn busy I would look into getting a jam band together. Maybe when my work schedule lightens up.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:31 AM   #1068
legionsOFtheDEAD
I Eat Brains!

Send a message via MSN to legionsOFtheDEAD Send a message via Yahoo to legionsOFtheDEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardigian View Post
Nice find! is it just a single track recording or can you do layering?

I think I finally broke my schecter, "peg leg", in last night. You know the feeling, where it just feels played, and responsive. The pinch harmonics were just screaming for me. Maybe it was me? I was loving it. If I wasn't so damn busy I would look into getting a jam band together. Maybe when my work schedule lightens up.
yeah you can layer, its only 4 channels. but what i do to get around that is upload the 4 channels I recorded to my computer so its a mp3 then transfer it back to the micro br and i can keep recording. it holds up to a gb sd card which is more then enough space. lots of different drum presets you can program in as well.

yeah I love that feeling, when the guitar just sings to you. nothing like a guitar that has some playing time on her.

I was thinking about picking up the schecter 7 string a while back but the place went out of business before i made up my mind.

yeah I have been laying off playing for the last little bit. my arthritis has been really bad lately so i dont play as much as i would like. its weird in the fact I can still play like i used to i just feel the consequences after i am done.

Last edited by legionsOFtheDEAD; 06-22-2011 at 12:33 AM.
legionsOFtheDEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #1069
mardigian
BANNED

mardigian has no status.

I may have to pick one of those up if I come across a quality deal for a jew like me.

I don't play very often anymore. It's a shame, but I've been trying to play more routinely than I regularly have this past year.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #1070
legionsOFtheDEAD
I Eat Brains!

you should be able to find them on amazon for around 90-120$.