The Bad Seed (1956) - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Classic Horror

Classic Horror From earliest Horror Classics - 1950's.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:37 PM   #1
Slasher Freak
It... Won't... Die...

Slasher Freak is BACK?

Location: Livin' on Failure St. Two blocks south of Pathetic My Zipcode? All Zeroes
Exclamation The Bad Seed (1956)

For little Rhoda, murder is child's play.

Directed by:
Mervyn LeRoy

Plot:
Christine Penmark seems to have it all: a lovely home, a loving husband and the most "perfect" daughter in the world. But since childhood, Christine has suffered from the most terrible recurring nightmare. And her "perfect" daughter's accomplishments include lying, theft and possibly much, much worse. Only Christine knows the truth about her daughter and only Christine's father knows the truth about her nightmare.

What will you give me for a basketful of kisses?

I've always wanted to see this film and thanks to my bf who bought it for me I was able to see it and I liked it very much. I'm not a fan of the old B&W flicks but I certainly enjoyed this one a lot and it never bored me. My only dissapointments with the film is that the "deaths" are not on-screen and the movie doesn't have a lot of action. The movie feels more of a drama/thriller instead of HORROR. The acting from the mother and daughter is great. Rhoda is a beautiful evil little kid and is a natural born killer. For being a film from that time this certainly is awesome. I couldn't help myself but during the film I could imagine how things could be in a remake nowdays. Supposedly Eli Roth will remake this but I dunno if he is a good choice. If they make a remake I just want to see Rhoda killing her classmates at school and other people. Make her into a horror icon. Well, my expectations for this were a little low but I enjoyed this film very much. I Highly recommend this film!!!

Rating: 8/10

"You tell lies like that, you won't go to Heaven when you die!"

Next US TV Airing:
Tue. Dec. 19 8:00 PM TCM

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Last edited by Slasher Freak; 12-19-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Slasher Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
fiendfan
Not Dead Yet

fiendfan has no status.

Default The Bad Seed

Great movie, huh? I saw it decades ago and it still gets to me...it's also hilarious in it's own sick, intellegent way.

The movie was based on the hit play (which starred Patty) and it's sometimes too faithful...but I guess it's best we don't see Leroy running across the lawn on fire. Just the screaming and little Rhoda playing that piano relentlessly while the mother freaks out...awesome.

The dialogue is priceless. I won't quote any...don't want to ruin the experience for anyone...just believe it...this is an "Oldie But Goodie".

Oh yeah, while I was in New Orleans I was very tempted to go see the stage production of the play there...with the lead roles played by men...IN DRAG!!
The local newspaper showed photos...they looked great....ridiculous...but great. Guess gay men love the "campy gallows humor" of the movie.

Try to find the book and be surprised by the original ending ...the play had a different ending, as well. Both endings are fine, though. I just don't like the "curtain bow" at the end with the mother spanking the kid....but what the hell!
fiendfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:28 AM   #3
SlightlyDemented
The Living Dead

SlightlyDemented is waiting for you to invite him in.

LeRoy also directed The Wizard of Oz, correct?
Lethal Weapon - 8/10
The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10
SlightlyDemented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:17 AM   #4
Ferox13
Fresh Kill

Ferox13 is Shoggoth Wrestling.

Wanted to see this for years and wasn't dissapointed..

The girl is really creepy but one flaw about the acting is that it still feels like a play in the way the actors devilver their lines - they just don't seem relaxed and natural..But that is a miniscuele complaint compared how good the film is over all.

Anyone see the 1985 TV movie version?

There is also a version coming out next year..
Ferox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:03 AM   #5
Slasher Freak
It... Won't... Die...

Slasher Freak is BACK?

Location: Livin' on Failure St. Two blocks south of Pathetic My Zipcode? All Zeroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
The girl is really creepy but one flaw about the acting is that it still feels like a play in the way the actors deliver their lines - they just don't seem relaxed and natural..But that is a miniscuele complaint compared how good the film is over all.

Anyone see the 1985 TV movie version?

There is also a version coming out next year..
Is true a lot of times the acting especially from the mother felt like a play.
Rhoda was funny and I liked when she got pissed because she is such a spoil little bitch. I haven't seen the 80's tv remake but I want to. I can't wait for the real remake which will probably be more better!

Old 12-21-2006, 05:30 PM   #6
Horrorholic
I Eat Brains!

Horrorholic has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Horrorholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher Freak View Post
My only dissapointments with the film is that the "deaths" are not on-screen and the movie doesn't have a lot of action.
You really have to look at the time this film was made. Stuff like that just wasnt in movies for the most part.
Quote:
I can't wait for the real remake which will probably be more better!
Not more better, just better! Learn some English weirdo!
And, for the record, I dont think the remake will be better, but it will no doubt please some people while adding a hip CW cast, some horrendous acting and gore that doesnt drive the films plot at all. I think the B&W aspect and the fact that the films violence doesnt occur on screen makes it more endearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel corpse 666
ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
+26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007
Horrorholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:26 PM   #7
Slasher Freak
It... Won't... Die...

Slasher Freak is BACK?

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorholic View Post
Not more better, just better! Learn some English weirdo!

Spanish is my 1st language...MORON!

Old 12-21-2006, 10:27 PM   #8
Horrorholic
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Spanish is my 1st language...MORON!
No shit, asshat!

Quote:
ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
+26 Trader

Old 12-21-2006, 10:31 PM   #9
Slasher Freak
It... Won't... Die...

Slasher Freak is BACK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorholic View Post
No shit, asshat!
By the way about what you said earlier I'm aware about the time of the film. Not stupid at all as some of you say.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:36 PM   #10
Horrorholic
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
By the way about what you said earlier I'm aware about the time of the film. Not stupid at all as some of you say.
I hope your aware of the time the film was made, you posted the year in the title of the thread.
And, I never called you stupid.

Quote:
+26 Trader