The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Franchise - Page 83 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 02-22-2012, 04:55 AM   #821
Vampira_Re-Animated
Fresh Kill

Vampira_Re-Animated is Bloodsuckers Anonymous

@klownz

Okay, I get it. One of those things that just don't die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
Yeah, I believe you, I just find the whole thing funny.

If they weren't him, wouldn't a normal person try to defend themselves and say that they aren't them? Heathen hasn't acknowledged any of this which is definitely suspicious.
I was just thinking that.

When there is no more room in hell. The dead will walk the Earth.
Vampira_Re-Animated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #822
Knife of the Party
Fresh Kill

Knife of the Party has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
TCM would've been a better product had some of the family members been less goofy. There's crazy, and there's outright wacky. By the dinner scene, they had become cartoons. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, but all the scares were gone by that time.
The family in the first one is perfectly scary to me. The Old Man stabbing Sally with a broomhandle in his van is horrific. Grandpa sucking blood from Sally's finger like a baby is downright demonic. Leatherface walking around with a woman's face on, Hitchhiker detailing how to make headcheese, etc. They are the most realistically disturbing and disgusting characters imaginable.

Its the family in Part 2 that is cartoonish and nonthreatening. They make chili, sing annoying songs, are afraid of girls, explicitly say Grandpa is around 130 years old and think that their mummified Grandma is alive in "Chainsaw Heaven". Its all groan-inducing 80s comedy.
Knife of the Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #823
deathcollector
BANNED

deathcollector has no status.

from best to worst of the series

1. i'm sticking with the raw, grainy, original(which is surely lacking these days compared to this), nearly bloodless which few have ever pulled off so well, franklins well deserved death hahaha, the black humor, the fine performances by burns, neal, siedow, and hansen as the iconic murderous leatherface in this tale of the mad and macabre

2. the original part 2 for the sure fun, the insanity, gore, and fantastic performances

3. the beginning its darker and it seemed more complete as a movie in comparsion to the remake also its more brutal and r.lee ermey seems to be able to more with his character with this one its more fleshed out

4. the remake/revision i really enjoyed it from start to finish, very good leatherface(although the brief unmasking was totally unnecessary just my honest opinion) and r.lee ermey creates one hell of a character here

5. part 3 its a fun horror to watch with great perfomances by ken foree and tom everett and leatherface in this one has some very good scenes i just feel they treated could have made him far more imposing and less bone headed

6. the one i will never watch again piece of shit you know which part this is and i don't give a fuck those who disagree with me
deathcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #824
Deadly Fiend
Demigod

Deadly Fiend has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcollector View Post
from best to worst of the series

1. i'm sticking with the raw, grainy, original(which is surely lacking these days compared to this), nearly bloodless which few have ever pulled off so well, franklins well deserved death hahaha, the black humor, the fine performances by burns, neal, siedow, and hansen as the iconic murderous leatherface in this tale of the mad and macabre

2. the original part 2 for the sure fun, the insanity, gore, and fantastic performances

3. the beginning its darker and it seemed more complete as a movie in comparsion to the remake also its more brutal and r.lee ermey seems to be able to more with his character with this one its more fleshed out

4. the remake/revision i really enjoyed it from start to finish, very good leatherface(although the brief unmasking was totally unnecessary just my honest opinion) and r.lee ermey creates one hell of a character here

5. part 3 its a fun horror to watch with great perfomances by ken foree and tom everett and leatherface in this one has some very good scenes i just feel they treated could have made him far more imposing and less bone headed

6. the one i will never watch again piece of shit you know which part this is and i don't give a fuck those who disagree with me
Agreed!
Deadly Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #825
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Imo, this is a really underrated franchise. It's not the best horror franchise, but it's not the worst, either. I think the only real shit-turd of the bunch is The New Generation, but I've found some likable qualities within all of the other entries, & the original was the very first horror movie I ever saw.

All in all, my ranking of the films would probably go as such

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
4. Texas Chainsaw 3D
5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
6. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3
7. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The New Generation

Even with it's flaws, I'd hope that we get a sequel to TCM 3D, because it has set the stage to be able to make some worthwhile sequels, if they get the proper writers next time. Once again, Adam Marcus should not ever be writing any kind of treatment or script for a TCM film, given how fucking terrible Jason Goes To Hell was.

Not to mention I loved Dan Yeager as Leatherface, & I'd like to see him in the role again under better writing & a more experienced director who knows how to fully handle a Texas Chainsaw film.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #826
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
Imo, this is a really underrated franchise. It's not the best horror franchise, but it's not the worst, either. I think the only real shit-turd of the bunch is The New Generation, but I've found some likable qualities within all of the other entries, & the original was the very first horror movie I ever saw.

All in all, my ranking of the films would probably go as such

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
4. Texas Chainsaw 3D
5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
6. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3
7. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The New Generation

Even with it's flaws, I'd hope that we get a sequel to TCM 3D, because it has set the stage to be able to make some worthwhile sequels, if they get the proper writers next time. Once again, Adam Marcus should not ever be writing any kind of treatment or script for a TCM film, given how fucking terrible Jason Goes To Hell was.

Not to mention I loved Dan Yeager as Leatherface, & I'd like to see him in the role again under better writing & a more experienced director who knows how to fully handle a Texas Chainsaw film.
So your horseshit excuse for placing TCM 3D over TCM 2 is we might get some sequels? And what the fuck do you mean worthwhile sequels?
Spoiler Below
They already turned Leatherface into some kind of sympathetic titty baby.

It doesn't matter if you actually like TCM 3D more than TCM 2; there's no excuse for ranking that piece of shit ahead of TCM 2.

TCM 2 is a fine splatter comedy if that's your thing. TCM 3D is an idiotic time waster that mistakenly decided it had any business fucking with the original. Re-imagining? More like re-tard-imagining?
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #827
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Anyway, speaking on TCM 2, I watched it twice between last night & today, just to get more acquainted with it, & I ended up coming to the conclusion that I was too harsh on it. It's a lot of fucking fun, & it's great seeing Jim Siedow, Bill Moseley, & Caroline Williams all in one movie. It actually manages to be over-the-top without making you roll your eyes.

Plus, there's something about Bill Johnson as Leatherface that fascinates me. Maybe because he's somewhat more of a character than in the original, in a sense, by having the subplot of him started to fixate on Stretch.

Still, Gunnar reigns supreme when it comes to performances & quality.

Last edited by Myerszilla; 02-06-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Myerszilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #828
travisbickle
I Eat Brains!

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

Ranked...

1.TCM One of the all time greats.
2.TCM 2 Savini gore and Dennis Hopper...Yeah.
3.Leatherface Fairly entertaining. It's got Ken Foree and Viggo, so that's a plus. And Kate Hodge...
4.Beginning Decent slasher, some nice gore.
5.Remake Dull, completely unnecessary. Ermey is the only thing the movie has going for it.
6.Next Generation Sucks major ass.
3D Haven't seen and not in a hurry to.

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:24 AM   #829
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Still haven't seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The New Generation. Do I really need to do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #830
Elvira Mistress of Dark
Fresh Kill

Elvira Mistress of Dark has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
Still haven't seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The New Generation. Do I really need to do this?
Skip it. It makes Rob Zombie's creations look like Citizen Kane in comparison.

That may be an exaggeration.
Elvira Mistress of Dark is offline   Reply With Quote