Ghostbusters 3? - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors

Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors Got a scoop? Heard a rumor? All your horror news and rumors go here.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #21
ZombieRedeemer
Fresh Kill

ZombieRedeemer has no status.

Send a message via AIM to ZombieRedeemer

This would be a cool idea except I am apprehensive of the CGI. Bill Murray and Ackroyd made the originals good and funny through their real live acting.

TMNT going CGI is just a slow representation of a good idea for the younger generation that only knows TMNT by the 2000+ cartoon series.

Hopefully there will never be a Batman movie in the style of the 2000+ year animated show.

The original animated show though from the 90s would be an awesome movie.

off topic now.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #22
Brainfreeeeeze
It... Won't... Die...

Brainfreeeeeze is gettin greased up by lunch lady Doris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_01976 View Post
If you saw what Bill Murray and Harold Ramis look like now you'd say otherwise.
Nah man Im saying new cast, new ghostbusters. But I'd keep them in the same sense as the originals. more middle aged type guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by depecheanix View Post
I'd rather see a live action, with new actors. Simon Pegg NEEDS to be a ghostbuster.
EXACTLY. Im trying to fill the other 3 slots though and I cant think of anyone. I'd want to keep it to people that could pass off as scientists and stay away from dane cook type comedians. Thats the only thing, those guys were like A name actors back in the day and I cant help but feel if they went after anyone like that now we'd end up with like will ferrel and ben affleck. I'd be more for a live action but I'll prolly give a CGI version a look see, especially if they got murray back on board. I just wonder if they're gonna tone it down for the kids. Ghostbusters was really never that adult of a movie but most big budget CGI films released in theaters in the old US tend to lack drinking and smoking,

Brainfreeeeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #23
CJ_01976
It... Won't... Die...

CJ_01976 is gone

Send a message via MSN to CJ_01976

Quote:
Originally Posted by depecheanix View Post
Simon Pegg NEEDS to be a ghostbuster.
Oh HELL NO!!!!! I can't stand that son of a bitch.
CJ_01976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #24
CJ_01976
It... Won't... Die...

CJ_01976 is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainfreeeeeze View Post
Nah man Im saying new cast, new ghostbusters. But I'd keep them in the same sense as the originals. more middle aged type guys.
I would never watch another film if it had a new cast. Never. I saw that Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon years ago that had new people and it absolutely blew.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #25
CJ_01976
It... Won't... Die...

CJ_01976 is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRedeemer View Post
Hopefully there will never be a Batman movie in the style of the 2000+ year animated show.
Batman Beyond or The Batman? There was a film version of Batman Beyond in the works years ago, but it collapsed when warner Brothers realized the budget would be astronomical.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #26
EmotionlessReality
The Living Dead

EmotionlessReality is going to be banned very soon from this site...

Send a message via AIM to EmotionlessReality

I'm all for it...hopefully it's good CGI like the two final fantasy movies and not some corny cartoony lookin' CGI...

John Bonham playing Moby Dick for real!

Is it November 3rd yet?
EmotionlessReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #27
CJ_01976
It... Won't... Die...

CJ_01976 is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionlessReality View Post
hopefully it's good CGI like the two final fantasy movies and not some corny cartoony lookin' CGI...
If it looks like the new TMNT movie, I'm down with it for sure. That one looks better everytime I see it.

Last edited by CJ_01976; 02-04-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #28
N2NOther
BANNED

N2NOther has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_01976 View Post
Oh HELL NO!!!!! I can't stand that son of a bitch.
You really are the most unfucked, unloved, humorless, waste of cum I've ever encountered...Please kill yourself you fucking annoying twit...

ANYWAY

To whomever started this thread:

From Gamespot:
Quote:
Dan Aykroyd to appear in Ghostbusters game
Still-touring Blues Brother tells the Edmonton Sun that he will lend his voice to the new game "next year." But who's publishing it?
By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot
Posted Feb 2, 2007 5:43 pm PT

"I'm going to be in a game?"

For a comedy that's 23 years old, Ghostbusters is sure getting a lot of attention. The newfound interest came courtesy of several clips that surfaced on YouTube in January which appeared to show an impressive-looking game based on the comedy classic. Later that same week, Slovenian developer Zootfly admitted it had a prototype Ghostbusters game running on an Xbox 360 but warned that development "had hit a snag" in terms of the IP.

"We hoped the publisher would sort out the IP issue in a jiffy and we'd be recharging proton packs in no time," ZootFly CEO Bostjan Troha told GameSpot. "Unfortunately, they didn't push to untangle the IP hard enough and the whole thing stalled a bit." Though Troha wouldn't name the IP holder, some speculated that Sony, which owns the Ghostbusters film rights, might scuttle development of the game rather than see it go to the 360.

Today, new information on the Ghostbusters project surfaced--courtesy of a member of the Ghostbusters cast. Touring in his native Canada as one half of the Blues Brothers, Dan Aykroyd revealed to the Edmonton Sun that he will be appearing in the game. He also revealed who holds the game rights to the film.

"Universal [Studios] purchased the rights from Sony for a game," Aykroyd told the Sun. "I'm actually going to have to perform and do some motion capture for them. That will be next year."

If correct, Aykroyd's comments have two implications: First, a Ghostbusters game won't appear until 2008--at the earliest. It also appears to debunk the Sony-as-spoiler rumor, although the blank YouTube pages which bore the game footage now read, "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Sony Pictures Entertainment because its content was used without permission."

One question the Aykroyd interview didn't answer was which company is publishing Ghostbusters. Given French media company Vivendi SA still has a major stake in its former subsidiary Universal, which is now part of NBC Universal, some assumed Vivendi Games would be distributing Ghostbusters.

However, a VG spokesman said his company has announced no such deal. "I can't comment," he told GameSpot. "This is a rumor and we do not comment on rumors."
N2NOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #29
SlightlyDemented
The Living Dead

SlightlyDemented is waiting for you to invite him in.

I think seeing the over-the-hill Ghostbusters quartet have to come out of retirement could be mined for comedic gold. The vanity of some people.
Lethal Weapon - 8/10
The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10
SlightlyDemented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #30
Rakugaki
Fresh Kill

Rakugaki is playing freezetag with ice picks

Don't know about the game, but a new movie sounds awesome. Especially if it's based on that Manhellton script Aykroyd was working on.