Jaws (1975) - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 04:10 AM   #1
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!
 
HorrorMovieFan's Avatar
HorrorMovieFan has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,118
Default Jaws (1975)

"Jaws"....Timeless classic filled with thrilling adventure and suspense. Wonderful screenplay,solid directing,great cinematography,terrific music score, and a pretty good cast. Roy Scheider is splendid,Richard Dreyfuss is top notch, and Robert Shaw is a good scene stealer. However I didn't really care for Shaw's character that much. The characters death scene was pretty brutal though. A solid action-suspense!!

9/10
__________________
HorrorMovieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse
 
RomeroCarpenter Fan's Avatar
RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"Jaws"....Timeless classic filled with thrilling adventure and suspense. Wonderful screenplay,solid directing,great cinematography,terrific music score, and a pretty good cast. Roy Scheider is splendid,Richard Dreyfuss is top notch, and Robert Shaw is a good scene stealer. However I didn't really care for Shaw's character that much. The characters death scene was pretty brutal though. A solid action-suspense!!

9/10
I agree. dont care much for robert shaws character either. I found him really annoying. but he at least could act.
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
Klown
Super Moderator
 
Klown's Avatar
Klown has no status.
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Titletown
Posts: 12,802
Default

Can't believe both of you have issues with Quint. He's one of the best characters.... ever.

This is just epic.



My favorite film.
__________________

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
Jeremy-V1
BANNED
 
Jeremy-V1's Avatar
Jeremy-V1 is Banned!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Bigjerkistan
Posts: 21,734
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy-V1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown View Post
Can't believe both of you have issues with Quint. He's one of the best characters.... ever.

This is just epic.



My favorite film.
I wouldn't put much merit into her film reviews, and watch yourself, her little boyfriend will start making fun of you for not agreeing with her.
Jeremy-V1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
scarred4life
The Living Dead
 
scarred4life's Avatar
scarred4life is inviting you to come on into the water!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 4,026
Default

Favorite film of all time for me! Quint is such a legend! I love everything about this film, to me its flawless, i can just watch this over and over again and think its brilliant every time! Even watched it in a swimming pool once and that was such a riot!
scarred4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
Jeremy-V1
BANNED
 
Jeremy-V1's Avatar
Jeremy-V1 is Banned!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Bigjerkistan
Posts: 21,734
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy-V1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarred4life View Post
Favorite film of all time for me! Quint is such a legend! I love everything about this film, to me its flawless, i can just watch this over and over again and think its brilliant every time! Even watched it in a swimming pool once and that was such a riot!
I picked up the movie for five bucks a few months back, still as great as always. I've been trying to get a copy of the book through the library but they aren't quick to bring it in.
Jeremy-V1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
Klown
Super Moderator
 
Klown's Avatar
Klown has no status.
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Titletown
Posts: 12,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy-V1 View Post
I wouldn't put much merit into her film reviews, and watch yourself, her little boyfriend will start making fun of you for not agreeing with her.
Everyone has their opinion, but if your main gripe is the Quint character... I just don't know what to say to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy-V1 View Post
I picked up the movie for five bucks a few months back, still as great as always. I've been trying to get a copy of the book through the library but they aren't quick to bring it in.
I didn't really care for the book. Maybe it is just because I love the film so much, the book could never measure up. Just wasn't digging it. It wasn't terrible, just okay. It's been awhile, though. Maybe I could appreciate it more now.
__________________

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum

Last edited by Klown; 10-30-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #8
Jeremy-V1
BANNED
 
Jeremy-V1's Avatar
Jeremy-V1 is Banned!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Bigjerkistan
Posts: 21,734
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy-V1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown View Post
Everyone has their opinion, but if your main gripe is the Quint character... I just don't know what to say to you.
Exactly, it's easily the best character in the flick.
Jeremy-V1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
scarred4life
The Living Dead
 
scarred4life's Avatar
scarred4life is inviting you to come on into the water!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 4,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy-V1 View Post
I picked up the movie for five bucks a few months back, still as great as always. I've been trying to get a copy of the book through the library but they aren't quick to bring it in.
the story in the book is ofcourse a little different, but i really enjoyed it, even the little affair ellen brody has.....
scarred4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #10
sarsoor
BANNED
 
sarsoor's Avatar
sarsoor has no status.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,004
Send a message via MSN to sarsoor Send a message via Skype™ to sarsoor
Default

I remember when me and my cousin used to hang out her house when we were only 9 or 10 and play Jaws with those huge black disks that can take your head off on a projection tv. Good times!
sarsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC