Ultimate Friday the 13th Thread - Page 343 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 10-24-2008, 12:39 AM   #3421
Horror Chase
The Living Dead

Horror Chase is Eating Your Brains

Send a message via Yahoo to Horror Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Michael Bay and Marcus Nispel ruined "Texas Chainsaw Massacare." Given that Friday the 13th was not the good of a film to begin with, I don't see any harm in remaking it. I also don't see any good. Standard horror made for a quick buck. It's the equvilent of the PG-13 craze. I'll save my money and wait for something good.

Michael Bay couldn't do worse as producer for this then he did as director for Transformers, could he?
Hmm, I thought Transformers was great and I thought TCM was quite good for a remake.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:18 AM   #3422
Dobe Dobe
BANNED

Dobe Dobe is bannedddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror Chase View Post
Hmm, I thought Transformers was great and I thought TCM was quite good for a remake.
...and you like what you've seen of the F13 remake. Your opinion can't be real.

FAKE POSTER.
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #3423
Hack/Slash421
Not Dead Yet

Hack/Slash421 has no status.

Seems like a lot of you still want to hate this remake, rather than give it a chance. You know, it wasn't that long ago that most of you went bat sh*t when word of a remake of "Dawn of the Dead" came about, and look how your minds changed once you saw it. Then there was the remake to "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre." Most swore to revolt against Hollywood for that one, and look what happend... Most Of You Loved It!!!
So I ask you, stop the bitching, moaning and all the other "school girl crying" and wait to see what is delivered to us on Friday, February 13th, 2009.
Hack/Slash421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #3424
Boilersuit_Mayhem
Rotting Corpse

Boilersuit_Mayhem is lying on the floor, seemingly dead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack/Slash421 View Post
You know, it wasn't that long ago that most of you went bat sh*t when word of a remake of "Dawn of the Dead" came about, and look how your minds changed once you saw it. Then there was the remake to "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre." Most swore to revolt against Hollywood for that one, and look what happend... Most Of You Loved It!!!
For an encore, list all the recent remakes that people don't like, and you might just see the scales tipping against your argument...
Old 10-24-2008, 09:32 AM   #3425
Butters
Fresh Kill

Butters has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack/Slash421 View Post
Seems like a lot of you still want to hate this remake, rather than give it a chance. You know, it wasn't that long ago that most of you went bat sh*t when word of a remake of "Dawn of the Dead" came about, and look how your minds changed once you saw it. Then there was the remake to "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre." Most swore to revolt against Hollywood for that one, and look what happend... Most Of You Loved It!!!
So I ask you, stop the bitching, moaning and all the other "school girl crying" and wait to see what is delivered to us on Friday, February 13th, 2009.

Let me put it in my own words, my opinion on remakes of movies that are originally good.

It's like having a son. You love him, you grow up with him. You look back at your old pictures when he was a young cute little kid who played baseball with you and watched Blues Clues. When all the sudden...a little child comes knocking on your door trying to be just like your son when he was a kid, only better. Will you welcome him into your home, or will you stick with your son? I love my son....I mean, he's a grown man now but i'm fine with the memories and don't need a brand new little kid to satisfy me. Let that wanna-be brat go to another guy who doesn't have a son, but not to me. I love my son, and only my son!

....and that's why the F13 remake is being hated on.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #3426
disanti
The Living Dead

disanti is probably listening to metal

People are way too sensitive and need to get over themselves....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
It's a fucking movie. Wait till it comes out and judge it for what it is. Just don't hate because somehow a movie made 30 years ago is sacred. Fuck that.
disanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #3427
BoOMST1CK
Rotting Corpse

BoOMST1CK is currently going through symptoms of WORLD CUP FEVER !

Quote:
Originally Posted by disanti View Post
People are way too sensitive and need to get over themselves....

It's a fucking movie. Wait till it comes out and judge it for what it is. Just don't hate because somehow a movie made 30 years ago is sacred. Fuck that.
Exactly.. for all we know it could be pretty damn good. I hate fan boys. If the movie comes out (pr you hear about a movie being remade) and you dont like like, dont go on about it in thread after thread. Simply dont watch it or acknowledge it, simple.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:35 PM   #3428
Zombie Dude
The Living Dead

Zombie Dude is currently fighting the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
Let me put it in my own words, my opinion on remakes of movies that are originally good.

It's like having a son. You love him, you grow up with him. You look back at your old pictures when he was a young cute little kid who played baseball with you and watched Blues Clues. When all the sudden...a little child comes knocking on your door trying to be just like your son when he was a kid, only better. Will you welcome him into your home, or will you stick with your son? I love my son....I mean, he's a grown man now but i'm fine with the memories and don't need a brand new little kid to satisfy me. Let that wanna-be brat go to another guy who doesn't have a son, but not to me. I love my son, and only my son!

That is the weirdest thing you could relate it too, but somehow it makes sense.

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #3429
disanti
The Living Dead

disanti is probably listening to metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
Exactly.. for all we know it could be pretty damn good. I hate fan boys. If the movie comes out (pr you hear about a movie being remade) and you dont like like, dont go on about it in thread after thread. Simply dont watch it or acknowledge it, simple.
That's not true and let me tell you why I think that....

People have every right to bitch about it once it comes out. It's an installment in a series that they love and that means a lot to people, present company included.

Some people are bashing it without much cause though and damming it to hell before it even had a chance to get off the ground. That's what I have a problem with. They'll look for every/anything to make fun of it for.

After the shithouse sequels F13th has released over the years, I just don't get some of the criticism. I've been saying for YEARS I wish they would just go back and restart this thing because it's gotten way out of hand. Jason is back where he belongs and that's a start. Things in between have been iffy and questionable, but every time I start to doubt this movie just a little but they come back with something even better.
disanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #3430
kahlil
Fresh Kill

kahlil has no status.

Send a message via MSN to kahlil

Friday the 13th is the WORST horror series in the HISTORY!

but i can't wait to see this new one

some members may have forgotten that this new Friday the 13th is NOT a remake!

Last edited by kahlil; 10-24-2008 at 11:25 PM.
kahlil is offline   Reply With Quote