Ultimate Friday the 13th Thread - Page 743 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 10-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #7421
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGeek View Post
I love FVJ to death and back but much like other entries in both series', it is flawed.
And most of those flaws came from Ronny Yu not knowing shit about the characters. At the least they could've gotten someone who was aware of what NOES & F13th stood for, even if said person wasn't necessarily a fan.

Quote:
I love Ronny Yu and FVJ looks great visually but they should of went with someone with more of a knowledge of the series. Of course his Child's Play film (Bride of Chucky) turned out great IMO but that's because they had series creator Don Mancini on board, as well as the same producer as the previous entries.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Bride of Chucky, but it certainly isn't great. And I'm willing to bet the only reason Yu didn't fuck up that one is because Mancini was on board.

All in all, I just fucking hate Ronny Yu.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #7422
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is BLAST HARDCHEESE!!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
And most of those flaws came from Ronny Yu not knowing shit about the characters. At the least they could've gotten someone who was aware of what NOES & F13th stood for, even if said person wasn't necessarily a fan.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Bride of Chucky, but it certainly isn't great. And I'm willing to bet the only reason Yu didn't fuck up that one is because Mancini was on board.

All in all, I just fucking hate Ronny Yu.
I disagree, BOC is great and one of the more enjoyable sequels in that series.

But back on topic. I don't hate Ronny Yu. I think he has made some fairly entertaining films and even with its flaws, I love FVJ and I can't hate Yu for making an entertaining film.

Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #7423
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

FVJ is entertaining, & I love it to death, but I just wish they had gotten a better director behind the chair, & ultimately would've kept Kane in the role because of the fact he doesn't just stand around & wait until he's told what to do. He brings in suggestions because he wants the final product to be the best it can possibly be, & that's highly commendable to me.

I will always love the movie, & I've watched it dozens of times, and will see it many more times during my life, it's just certain things I would've preferred had happened differently.

Shit, I think I'm gonna have to watch this tonight.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #7424
The Geek
Schlock King

Quote:
FVJ is entertaining, & I love it to death, but I just wish they had gotten a better director behind the chair, & ultimately would've kept Kane in the role because of the fact he doesn't just stand around & wait until he's told what to do. He brings in suggestions because he wants the final product to be the best it can possibly be, & that's highly commendable to me.

I will always love the movie, & I've watched it dozens of times, and will see it many more times during my life, it's just certain things I would've preferred had happened differently.

Shit, I think I'm gonna have to watch this tonight.
I liked that about Kane but at the same time I find it a tad annoying. The whole "Jason wouldn't do that" thing is irritating IMO and I found his heavy breathing and head turn deal boring after just two movies. Shit by the time JTM ended I was ready for a new Jason. I do like him in the role, especially in The New Blood, and I'm glad he keeps getting work but I don't find him hot shit like most fans of the franchise. I much prefer Ted White, CJ Graham and Derek Mears.

Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness
Old 10-15-2010, 12:46 AM   #7425
Cthulhulad
Send... More... Paramedics

Cthulhulad is Property of H. Hoochie

Kane's the man,and the new blood make-up was sick but Ted white is the best Jason, pt 4 scared the shit out of me at age 10, CJ was good but kinda stiff, and that mask looks like a dinner plate.

You said everything would work out just fine, i just went crazy, But i'm better now, having a good time, being Selfish and Drunken and Vulgar and Lazy
Cthulhulad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:38 AM   #7426
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGeek View Post
I liked that about Kane but at the same time I find it a tad annoying. The whole "Jason wouldn't do that" thing is irritating IMO and I found his heavy breathing and head turn deal boring after just two movies. Shit by the time JTM ended I was ready for a new Jason. I do like him in the role, especially in The New Blood, and I'm glad he keeps getting work but I don't find him hot shit like most fans of the franchise. I much prefer Ted White, CJ Graham and Derek Mears.
As far as I know, throughout all of his performances, he only said "Jason wouldn't do that" in one instance, but he didn't do it over & over whenever he was asked to do something. The head turn is something that's been associated with Jason ever since CJ Graham stepped into the role, but Kane utilized it the best. The thing about JTM is that it's just an all around terrible movie. Hodder was definitely the best thing about the movie.

I'd put Mears & White over Hodder as far as Jason performances go, but just like I said before, his performance as Victor Crowley is the most badass slasher portrayal ever.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #7427
The Geek
Schlock King

Quote:
I'd put Mears & White over Hodder as far as Jason performances go, but just like I said before, his performance as Victor Crowley is the most badass slasher portrayal ever.
Yeah....no. I love Hatchet but I just can't agree with that what-so-ever.

Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness
Old 10-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #7428
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Hodder's potrayal of Crowley wasn't badass, menacing, or scary... just plain goofy.

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #7429
The Geek
Schlock King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Hodder's potrayal of Crowley wasn't badass, menacing, or scary... just plain goofy.
I think he's badass but all he is a Jason reject that lives in the swamp. He'll never be a horror icon IMO.

Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness
Old 10-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #7430
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

He's far from a Jason reject, because his origin isn't something ripped off from Jason. The only real similarities are that he doesn't talk & that he's deformed.

Even with that said, I still think Crowley is proving to be more of a badass than Jason.