Ultimate Friday the 13th Thread - Page 792 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 03-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #7911
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

I would just like to comment on the Friday the 13th subtitles. I commend the series for not using the lame and overused subtitles such as "The Revenge of...", "The Curse of...", or "Resurrection".

Even if some of the films sucked, the subtitles were always fresh and pretty sweet.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #7912
disanti
The Living Dead

disanti is probably listening to metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
I would just like to comment on the Friday the 13th subtitles. I commend the series for not using the lame and overused subtitles such as "The Revenge of...", "The Curse of...", or "Resurrection".

Even if some of the films sucked, the subtitles were always fresh and pretty sweet.
3D
The Final Chapter (<--- Boss)
A New Beginning
Jason Lives
New Blood
Jason Takes Manhattan
disanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #7913
mikeym1979
Fresh Kill

mikeym1979 is feeling kiddish.

I personally would be happy if PD's took over the "Friday The 13th" franchise. I thought they stayed true to what the series was with their remake. I really don't know what people expected that didn't like the remake. It was a simplistic story telling just like the early "friday" movies. I see PD as a franchise like company and I think this would be perfect for them to invest in a new franchise of the "Friday" movies. That's just me.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #7914
disanti
The Living Dead

disanti is probably listening to metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym1979 View Post
I personally would be happy if PD's took over the "Friday The 13th" franchise. I thought they stayed true to what the series was with their remake. I really don't know what people expected that didn't like the remake. It was a simplistic story telling just like the early "friday" movies. I see PD as a franchise like company and I think this would be perfect for them to invest in a new franchise of the "Friday" movies. That's just me.
You obviously hate Friday the 13th movies.
disanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #7915
Mystic
BANNED

Mystic is overdosed on horror.

I agree with Mikey. I liked the remake, although it won't bother me who took possesion of the future franchise. Hopefully we do get future sequels, with no Jason in space or in Manhattan, or even in Hell bullshit.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:32 AM   #7916
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Dunes delivered a good reboot, I'll give them that. And I agree that it was in the same vein as the originals, but I get the feeling that they'd more than likely drop the ball big time with further sequels. At the end of the day, I'd just rather another production company get the chance to take the helm of the franchise....a more competent & capable one.

If not, we WILL end up with more F13th films like JTM.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #7917
Mystic
BANNED

Mystic is overdosed on horror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
Dunes delivered a good reboot, I'll give them that. And I agree that it was in the same vein as the originals, but I get the feeling that they'd more than likely drop the ball big time with further sequels. At the end of the day, I'd just rather another production company get the chance to take the helm of the franchise....a more competent & capable one.

If not, we WILL end up with more F13th films like JTM.
God Forbid.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:54 AM   #7918
el terror
Rotting Corpse

el terror is excited for Friday 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
I agree with Mikey. I liked the remake, although it won't bother me who took possesion of the future franchise. Hopefully we do get future sequels, with no Jason in space or in Manhattan, or even in Hell bullshit.
I actually like "Jason in space". Sure, it was cheesy and badly acted but it has a certain charm to it and it's quite a fun film. There were moments that made me cringe a bit but I think it was intentionally made like that.
I didn't mind the remake either and maybe Platinum Dunes should make some more instalments. It's probably one of the easier franchises to remake though.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"
el terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #7919
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Paramount needs to regain the rights to this franchise. New Line dropped the ball and I have no faith in WB/PD.

My friend was trying to talk to me about the franchise, and was going to say something about Freddy vs Jason and said Jason vs Hell on mistake. I laughed and then realized that would be an awesome movie.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:25 AM   #7920
bloodypacman
The Living Dead

bloodypacman is glad The Dude Abides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Paramount needs to regain the rights to this franchise. New Line dropped the ball and I have no faith in WB/PD.

My friend was trying to talk to me about the franchise, and was going to say something about Freddy vs Jason and said Jason vs Hell on mistake. I laughed and then realized that would be an awesome movie.
That'd be fucking awesome.

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!
bloodypacman is offline   Reply With Quote