Ultimate Friday the 13th Thread - Page 793 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 03-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #7921
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Seems like lately everyone's been suggesting the idea of Paramount reacquiring the franchise, & I totally agree with it. At least that way we wouldn't have to worry about whether or not we're actually going to get a sequel.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #7922
mikeym1979
Fresh Kill

mikeym1979 is feeling kiddish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disanti View Post
You obviously hate Friday the 13th movies.
I has nothing to do with whether or not I like the original series. I love the series, I just see something in the remake that had that something that made me enjoy the movies growing up. I did say it was just my opinion.

The original focused on mindless kills to mindless charactors quicker to flash their tits rather think of a way to survive. They were body count movies, plain and simple. I love them, but I know that they are nothing more than that. The remake did the same thing for me. It just had that "jason" vibe for me. I really don't know what else you can expect from a movie like this. Again, this is only my opinion.

Last edited by mikeym1979; 03-12-2011 at 05:47 PM.
mikeym1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:03 AM   #7923
mikeym1979
Fresh Kill

mikeym1979 is feeling kiddish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el terror View Post
I actually like "Jason in space". Sure, it was cheesy and badly acted but it has a certain charm to it and it's quite a fun film. There were moments that made me cringe a bit but I think it was intentionally made like that.
I didn't mind the remake either and maybe Platinum Dunes should make some more instalments. It's probably one of the easier franchises to remake though.
Exactly, it's such an easy movie/charactor to remake. That's why the remake is so close to the original series for me, because they kept it simple like the early films.

As I said, there was nothing "intellegent" about the original "friday the 13th" movies. They were simply a staple for horror fans to watch some tits and ass and alot of blood for an hour and half. There was never any strong charactorization to the series. There was never a profound story in the series, it's a body count movie, nothing more and nothing less. That's exactly what the remake was.

And I don't get why people say he was afraid of water in the remake. Not ONCE is that an established fact. He didn't chase the girl in the water because the "scare" factor just works better with her getting it under that dock. We've SEEN him chase a girl in the water before, this was just a new way. It was a kill scene. That's all.

And he had a "hostage" in this movie. Ok, but it's a HORROR film with a mindless villian who happens to be a mommy's boy. We've seen him in past movies close to killing someone like Megan in "Jason Lives" and he chooses not to kill her because he's got bigger fish to fry. Why is this "hostage" in the remake much different. Ginny passed as his mother and before he knew it was Ginny, he was about to let her live because he had a vision of his mother.

The remake is what it is. You can't really expect much, unless you want an exact retelling of the original series. I was HAPPY that in the remake, the beginning was a set up of what the original film was all about. The MOTHERS madness and her sons subsequent madness that followed.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #7924
cdub88
Fresh Kill

cdub88 is right

Send a message via AIM to cdub88

i agree 100% with everything in the above post.

cdub88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #7925
SYL
Send... More... Paramedics

SYL has no status.

Send a message via MSN to SYL

Got Crystal Lake Memories in the mail today, I've read about 70-something pages and I already love it. There's a lot of stuff in there I hadn't heard off before, plus, you gotta love how candid most of the cast and crew are. Awesomeness.

Betsy Palmer had the best idea for a Friday the 13th prequel, too. Her self-written autobiography of Pamela Voorhees would be awesome to see in a movie.

"Someone once told me time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again."

- Rustin Cohle
SYL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #7926
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYL View Post
Got Crystal Lake Memories in the mail today, I've read about 70-something pages and I already love it. There's a lot of stuff in there I hadn't heard off before, plus, you gotta love how candid most of the cast and crew are. Awesomeness.

Betsy Palmer had the best idea for a Friday the 13th prequel, too. Her self-written autobiography of Pamela Voorhees would be awesome to see in a movie.
I've been meaning to order it for quite some time now.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:43 AM   #7927
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Ya know, I don't get why so Kane Hodder's portrayals as Jason have been getting so much hate lately. Of course he gets a lot of support amongst most of the F13th community, but I've noticed more & more people against him. I definitely don't think he's the best guy to get behind the mask, but he's not the worst. I do think he gave his best portrayals in 7 & 10. In 8, his performance suffered from a truly piss poor director, & there wasn't enough of him in 9.

If I had to place anyone at the bottom of my list, it'd probably be Morga. He did good as imposter Jason, but I felt his body type was for suited for Michael than Jason, as were a lot of his movements & mannerisms..
Old 03-16-2011, 03:55 AM   #7928
indecent actions
I Eat Brains!

indecent actions is getting the poison out.

Crystal Lake Memories is a must have for any Friday fan. I've read many books about the franchise and that is by far the best.

Also, I think Warrington Gillette with his 30 second stint as Jason in part 2 is the most overrated.

Is he going to lose both bones?
indecent actions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:19 AM   #7929
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Warrington Gillette is an asshole douchebag.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #7930
Klown
Super Moderator

Klown has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYL View Post

It's a great book, and a must for any Friday fan. Tons of info that was new to me and very interesting to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
Ya know, I don't get why so Kane Hodder's portrayals as Jason have been getting so much hate lately. Of course he gets a lot of support amongst most of the F13th community, but I've noticed more & more people against him. I definitely don't think he's the best guy to get behind the mask, but he's not the worst. I do think he gave his best portrayals in 7 & 10. In 8, his performance suffered from a truly piss poor director, & there wasn't enough of him in 9.

If I had to place anyone at the bottom of my list, it'd probably be Morga. He did good as imposter Jason, but I felt his body type was for suited for Michael than Jason, as were a lot of his movements & mannerisms..
Hodder's portrayals get "hate" because they just are not good. He played Jason it was most often considered the 4 worst films of the franchise. Many people like Jason's look in The New Blood, but that has nothing to do with Hodder. I think Hodder gets love simply because he is the only guy to play Jason more than once.

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote